• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

17 minutes ago, Butero said:

We are told to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling.  

Yes, work out..... not work for.

15 minutes ago, Butero said:

You can't depart from something you never had.  They left the faith they once had.

I would disagree.

The "falling away" is multi layered and can describe nonbelievers falling away and also rapture of believers.

NASB Translation
apostasy (1), forsake (1).

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
falling away, apostacy
Feminine of the same as apostasion; defection from truth (properly, the state) ("apostasy") -- falling away, forsake. 

Isa 42:16 I will lead the blind by a way they did not know; I will guide them on unfamiliar paths. I will turn darkness into light before them and rough places into level ground. These things I will do for them, and I will not forsake them.

2 Cor 4:7-12 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us. 8We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; 9persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; 10always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies. 11For we who live are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh. 12So death is at work in us, but life in you.

Heb 13:5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

19 minutes ago, Butero said:

They can't boast.  You can and do.

How am I boasting by showing the scripture that says I don't boast. The devil is the accuser.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98

Ya know, I always hear the same thing, "OSAS teaches that once you are saved then you can go and sin all you want," I've been to many churches that believe in OSAS, both personally and online and in 29 years I've never heard one single time this teaching, perhaps those that are exposing this doctrine could give us some factual proof that it is true?

Oh yeah, please answer my question...

• This is Worthy 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98

5 minutes ago, Cletus said:

how about scriptural proof?  go back and read the scriptures thats been posted in this thread. 

You haven't answered either of my questions, and the Scriptures you have cited do not say a born again child of God can go and sin all that they want, we don't find that anywhere in the Bible, ...what you said is OSAS teaches that we are saved and can sin all that we want to, so, ...where's you proof that OSAS'ers say this?

And answer my other question, please, think about it, study it and come to a logical conclusion.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, Butero said:

I love the saints enough to try to turn them away from false doctrine.

That would make us “ two peas in a pod”

7 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

You haven't answered either of my questions, and the Scriptures you have cited do not say a born again child of God can go and sin all that they want, we don't find that anywhere in the Bible, ...what you said is OSAS teaches that we are saved and can sin all that we want to, so, ...where's you proof that OSAS'ers say this?

And answer my other question, please, think about it, study it and come to a logical conclusion.

I will say it loud and clear so there will be no mistake about where I stand.......Everday I sin as much as I want to......thing is, once I got my heart transplant , I found that my “ wants” were changed.....I don’t WANT to sin anymore...... the Anti OSAS never understand that.....they have never experienced what it means to be changed from the inside out.....they concentrate only on the outside.....the stuff that other religionists see.....It’s NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD, kiddies.......NOT nothing  but the Blood and lucky repentance 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

In which all sin is covered under the blood, past present and future.

12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

The Legalists here, or Judaizer If you prefer, has not experienced their night of fear and trembling.I think that is why their interpretation of God’s Word is skewed.

• Oy Vey! 1

10 minutes ago, Butero said:

No I don't.  I haven't committed any willful sins today, and I can't think of any all week.  It has been a while, and there is no time when it wasn't 100 percent on me when I did.  There is no reason anyone has to commit willful sins.  It is a choice.  

You can't think of any all week, ,well that's good sin is sin though willful or not ?

• Praise God! 1

12 minutes ago, Butero said:

If you reject my view, you reject God's view based on rightly dividing scripture.  

God is Grace, not works. You preach works, nothing i can do to lose my salvation