• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, thomas t said:

Hi Back,

as George told you on page 2 of this thread already: His kingdom is not of this world.

We should focus on what we can do. Which is spreading the gospel and convince people that Jesus can save you!

This what we are trained to do, since the holy spirit gives us valuable advice (1 Peter 1:12b):

"them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into."
So, according to this verse, it is the gospel which we have a deep insight into.
Not politics.

... but you also said:

That's a horrible misrepresentation of said law, I think. It allows post 24 weeks abortions in specific cases! see discussion here

So, we see that so many Christians have difficulty in simply presenting the facts, as they are. Why should they engage in politics.

Regards,

Thomas

Wow everyone seems to be stuck on the word politics when I mostly stated if a Christian was voted in as Gov. of NY things would have been different, it's a very good day when a person in a high Gov. office can (win people to Christ) and yes that may assume to be political. If this is focusing on Christ in Gov. for his good purpose then Hallelujah. I get the impression here that a Christian vote does not matter and people do not want to admit this is political and yes should be discussed in church.   Church is a Gov. to Pastors elders deacons and the like a little different then our Gov. but none the less our Country was founded on these principles. If pastors would stress the fact that as we vote as if Jesus would like us to maybe just maybe our gov. would not be in the mess it's in. Now do not come back at me and say it written in the bible our world is predicted to be this way, I already know this but think of it this way if Jesus terries until the next election should we just sit on our backsides or maybe promote within the church some kind of wisdom on which  candidate will yes be on our side or best promote God.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

8 hours ago, backontrack said:

Wow everyone seems to be stuck on the word politics when I mostly stated if a Christian was voted in as Gov. of NY things would have been different, it's a very good day when a person in a high Gov. office can (win people to Christ) and yes that may assume to be political. If this is focusing on Christ in Gov. for his good purpose then Hallelujah. I get the impression here that a Christian vote does not matter and people do not want to admit this is political and yes should be discussed in church.   Church is a Gov. to Pastors elders deacons and the like a little different then our Gov. but none the less our Country was founded on these principles. If pastors would stress the fact that as we vote as if Jesus would like us to maybe just maybe our gov. would not be in the mess it's in. Now do not come back at me and say it written in the bible our world is predicted to be this way, I already know this but think of it this way if Jesus terries until the next election should we just sit on our backsides or maybe promote within the church some kind of wisdom on which  candidate will yes be on our side or best promote God.  

If I only could copy past here I could give you several scripture I feel hindered many times because of it. You seem to have your head in the world more than the word of God. 

I won't keep butting my head against the wall. did Jesus ever say that the world would won to him through politics. I will leave you one scripture though  and ask yourself why did he say that

John 17: 9 Jesus prayer for the disciples in fact read all of it and wonder. He said praying to the Father " I pray for them (the disciples) I pray not for the world."  Why did he say that? 

James said to be friends of the world is to be the enemy of God. 

In John 2:15 it says love not the world neither the thing s of it for if any man love the world the love of the Father is not in Him.

Your stand is the if the church stood up the world would be a better place.. scripture does not say we would win the world through politics. It's telling us that The world is against Him and that we are not to be a part of it. I would like to know how much you have studied  our New Testament.  Who is the antichrist but the worlds politician.   

47 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

If I only could copy past here I could give you several scripture I feel hindered many times because of it. You seem to have your head in the world more than the word of God. 

I won't keep butting my head against the wall. did Jesus ever say that the world would won to him through politics. I will leave you one scripture though  and ask yourself why did he say that

John 17: 9 Jesus prayer for the disciples in fact read all of it and wonder. He said praying to the Father " I pray for them (the disciples) I pray not for the world."  Why did he say that? 

James said to be friends of the world is to be the enemy of God. 

In John 2:15 it says love not the world neither the thing s of it for if any man love the world the love of the Father is not in Him.

Your stand is the if the church stood up the world would be a better place.. scripture does not say we would win the world through politics. It's telling us that The world is against Him and that we are not to be a part of it. I would like to know how much you have studied  our New Testament.  Who is the antichrist but the worlds politician.   

Ok agree totally but let me tell you I hate the world and never once said I loved it, I hate money to be honest I hate it all but! So lets say all the people in high Gov places including the President lets never let them know Jesus loves them and he died for them since we live in the world lets do the same to everyone else since we are leaving in the world. Let you and I bask in the salvation and keep it all to ourselves, never speak to anyone on our jobs in public places nor in other countries. If your the boss of a company and saved never speak to anyone who works for you and if your a Doctor never and I mean never speak to fellow Abortion doctor about Christ. Why because we are not of the world> will just pray for all of them and hope they see the light because we are going to hide it from the ones in the world. Maybe this will clear up what I have been trying to explain this to you many times your stuck on the word politics and sorry to say Christians who are qualified need to run for office. I guarantee Christ can change things where ever he is welcomed even in Gov.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

12 hours ago, backontrack said:

Ok agree totally but let me tell you I hate the world and never once said I loved it, I hate money to be honest I hate it all but! So lets say all the people in high Gov places including the President lets never let them know Jesus loves them and he died for them since we live in the world lets do the same to everyone else since we are leaving in the world. Let you and I bask in the salvation and keep it all to ourselves, never speak to anyone on our jobs in public places nor in other countries. If your the boss of a company and saved never speak to anyone who works for you and if your a Doctor never and I mean never speak to fellow Abortion doctor about Christ. Why because we are not of the world> will just pray for all of them and hope they see the light because we are going to hide it from the ones in the world. Maybe this will clear up what I have been trying to explain this to you many times your stuck on the word politics and sorry to say Christians who are qualified need to run for office. I guarantee Christ can change things where ever he is welcomed even in Gov.

12 hours ago, backontrack said:

Why ?  Who is first and foremost does the believer honors with his Life. Im not saying we hate all who are in government.  But anyone gong in should know what they must uphold as the laws of the land that have been established by law. Example. Barack Obama supposedly church going Church  Christin   In June 1917 after the Supreme Court passed into law that Gay marriage be leagal recognized in every state. At the time there were many Gay freedom fighters raced to the court houses to get their marriage license. President Obama made a special phone call to one of them to congratulate Him on his victory. This was also at the time nine parishioners were shot and killed  and Obama Went to that church  to mourned them and sang Amazing grace. You see many believe they are good but they uphold what is an abomination to God. This is confusion. Every one who sits in government office are supporting the laws of men rather then the laws of God. This is why I make such a stink about government and Christ holding office. Should they be there?

9 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Why ?  Who is first and foremost does the believer honors with his Life. Im not saying we hate all who are in government.  But anyone gong in should know what they must uphold as the laws of the land that have been established by law. Example. Barack Obama supposedly church going Church  Christin   In June 1917 after the Supreme Court passed into law that Gay marriage be leagal recognized in every state. At the time there were many Gay freedom fighters raced to the court houses to get their marriage license. President Obama made a special phone call to one of them to congratulate Him on his victory. This was also at the time nine parishioners were shot and killed  and Obama Went to that church  to mourned them and sang Amazing grace. You see many believe they are good but they uphold what is an abomination to God. This is confusion. Every one who sits in government office are supporting the laws of men rather then the laws of God. This is why I make such a stink about government and Christ holding office. Should they be there?

I think you meant 2017 yep false teachers and a SILENT church scared to mention being gay is a sin but God loves you or be sure to vote for those who agree with the bible. Obama was a muslim it was evident to all but guess what God still loves him and loves all muslims in fact the whole world. Not everyone who calls me Lord Lord will enter into heaven.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

On 2/2/2019 at 2:26 AM, backontrack said:

a SILENT church scared to mention being gay is a sin

Hi Back,

many Christians rallied to tell the U.S. about their opinion. This occurred in a political rally, please read: https://www.christianpost.com/news/thousands-demand-vote-on-new-york-gay-marriage-law.html

So please don't tell us the opposite.

Fake news, this being already the second one you post if I remember right, won't help the church at all.

If you post fake news in public and do not identify as a Christian, it would be sad.

If you do the same under Jesus' name... you damage the Christians. Jesus has to pay the price for that. People could be tempted to think that Christians have a naïve view of politics and worldview issues.

Regards,

Thomas

EDIT:

I should add, above mentioned rally was just one year before Obama adopted a pro gay marriage stance, since you mentioned Obama in your post. In my opinion, the rally can be seen a sign of opposition against the whole dynamic that resulted in the change of the legal status of gay marriage.

Edited by thomas t
please see below "EDIT"

9 hours ago, thomas t said:

Hi Back,

many Christians rallied to tell the U.S. about their opinion. This occurred in a political rally, please read: https://www.christianpost.com/news/thousands-demand-vote-on-new-york-gay-marriage-law.html

So please don't tell us the opposite.

Fake news, this being already the second one you post if I remember right, won't help the church at all.

If you post fake news in public and do not identify as a Christian, it would be sad.

If you do the same under Jesus' name... you damage the Christians. Jesus has to pay the price for that. People could be tempted to think that Christians have a naïve view of politics and worldview issues.

Regards,

Thomas

EDIT:

I should add, above mentioned rally was just one year before Obama adopted a pro gay marriage stance, since you mentioned Obama in your post. In my opinion, the rally can be seen a sign of opposition against the whole dynamic that resulted in the change of the legal status of gay marriage.

Wow that was a loving response I do not see what you see so will see how the Abortion goes in NY my response to that would be sorry if I offended you. Go with God and Love people even the ones who take human life.

Attended many churches over the last few years and never in one have they mentioned the above in any service? 

I will add this I think we should pray for the souls of the woman who kill their babies through abortion along with the doctors and staff who are involved in this evil thing. God loves these people but hate what they do hell is a real place so remember them in your prayers along with the gay people God loves them so much.

Edited by backontrack