• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Prosperity sermons.

Who doesn't like a good pick me up? Recently, or not so recently....many have been opposing this type of gospel, saying its not a gospel at all. and as Christians we should live humble, giving, not going after the finer things in life.

I disagree. to a certain extent.  I believe God wants me to live in prosperity , but if that gets in the way of my salvation, then heak no. AND BY THE WAY, that's with anything. GOD is a Jealous GOD. I believe we need to follow those important commands, and all of Gods commands. We must put him first, and we can live in prosperity, without guilt.  "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you"Matt 6:33

"37Jesus declared, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’d 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’e 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” MATT 22 37-40 KJV

Loving others is providing for others when they need it, if you are poor yourself how can you do this?

I don't believe God called us to be poor sick broke.  (poor in knowledge)  I don't believe we can be used by God with a victim mentality, you can be a victim and not carry with the the mentality of one. This is crippling, and doesn't build the kingdom of God.

You don't have to lay low because you follow Christ. ]

You will  know them by their fruit.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,659
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

"Remove far from me falsehood and lying;
    give me neither poverty nor riches;
    feed me with the food that is needful for me,
 lest I be full and deny you
    and say, “Who is the Lord?”
or lest I be poor and steal
    and profane the name of my God."

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 2

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

The love of money is what is evil.  However the prosperity gospel is a false gospel.  God wants us to be rich in spiritual riches and to change our values in that direction.  You will notice in 2 Cor. 8.

2Co 8:1  We want you to know, brothers, about the grace of God that has been given among the churches of Macedonia, 2Co 8:2  for in a severe test of affliction, their abundance of joy and their extreme poverty have overflowed in a wealth of generosity on their part.

2Co 8:3  For they gave according to their means, as I can testify, and beyond their means, of their own accord, 2Co 8:4  begging us earnestly for the favor of taking part in the relief of the saints—2Co 8:5  and this, not as we expected, but they gave themselves first to the Lord and then by the will of God to us.

Sometimes it is those who have suffered from want who have the most compassion on those who are in need.  My friend used to say, "I may be poor, but I sure am rich!" She hardly had a victim mentality but was one of the most positive, joyous people I have met. 

1Ti 6:5 and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain.  1Ti 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain, But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content.

1Ti 6:9 But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction.  1Ti 6:10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.

1Ti 6:11 But as for you, O man of God, flee these things. Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness.

1Ti 6:17 As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy.

1Ti 6:18 They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, 1Ti 6:19 thus storing up treasure for themselves as a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life.

Phl 4:11 Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.

Phl 4:12 I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.

Phl 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

The true Gospel is: Repent, the Kingdom of God is at hand! Acts 17:30 The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent,  Act 26:19 “Therefore, O King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, Act 26:20 but declared first to those in Damascus, then in Jerusalem and throughout all the region of Judea, and also to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, performing deeds in keeping with their repentance.

1Co 15:1  Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, 1Co 15:2  and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

1Co 15:3  For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 1Co 15:4  that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, 1Co 15:5  and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 1Co 15:6  Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep.

The Gospel preached in Scripture bears no resemblance to the prosperity gospel.  I have never felt that I was a victim or believe I have been one just because I have lived just above the poverty level for most of my life.  There have only been two times in my over 70 years that we have been wanting for food etc.  They taught me compassion.  Most of the people who have a victim mentality have been told that is what they are by politicians.  Many of them are told they entitled to be supported by the government.  These are lies.  In fact, being told they are victims is also a lie of the enemy.  Many do need a helping hand due to health or other circumstances. The Bible also says: 

2Th 3:10 For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.  

• This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.31
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

14 hours ago, Cletus said:

prosperity is not external.  God can and does multiply some peoples gold and silver... but true prosperity is in your heart. 

Their is but one true prosperity .    And the apostels as well as every saint through every generation has known it .

Men through carnal reasoning like to think if I had more I could do more .

Paul when stripped of all and in prison awaiting a death sentence knew what real prosperity IS .

The only prosperity we need to do all things , IS CHRIST .     And in prison , in chains paul said , But I have ALL and I ABOUND .

Lets hear a story of the deceived man .

Their was a man who once wanted others to pray for him .   He came to a group of believers and said   , I want you all to pray that I receive a new truck.

For if I had this truck I could drive places and evangelize the gospel to many cities .

Then one arose and asked him  ,   so your claim is that you will be able to evangelize the gospel to many in all different cities .

And the man replied ,   WHY YES .

So the other one said ,  So evangelism is your love .

And the man replied , it is my hearts desire , and if I have this new truck I could accomplish this in many cities .

So the other one said ,  do you have any health issues .

And the man replied , no I am fit as can be .  I am strong , I work out three times a week .

So the other one replied .   Do you live in a remote area .

And the man replied , why no , I live in a city surrounded by many .

And the other one replied ,   AND WHO HAVE YOU WITNESSED TO in your area.

And the whole room was quite , so quiet one could have heard a mouse pass gas.

HIS LOVE was NOT EVANGELISM .  IF it had been , he would have been content and doing just that ALREADY in his own city .

And if he truly had needed a vehicle one would have been supplied him .

Folks deceive themselves all the time .   And if we aint faithful in the least , we sure as heck wont be faithful in much either .

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

If you ever meet a Christian that is not an under achiever, introduce them to me please!