• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, PepperS said:

Do you honestly believe a lady "would look up and pull body organs from the organ room in heaven, arms, legs etc. "

Exactly PepperS, I agree with you, ...they have turned THE Holy Spirit into a magician or a circus clown, ...heresy and blasphemy!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  477
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,560
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, GandalfTheWise said:

It was a century or so ago so we can look at the results of it.  It was a part of the budding pentecostal movement which has now had a world wide impact.  

A number of years ago when talking with some LDS missionaries, I did some research on the growth rate of a few uniquely American started groups, LDS, JW, SDA, and pentecostals.   My premise was that a man-made group would only show growth along lines of natural birth rates whereas a move of God would show a growth rate much larger due to people being saved.  What I found was that the growth of the LDS and JWs was at an annual rate that approximated natural birth and growth.  In other words, most LDS and JWs are born into it.  In contrast, the pentecostal movement in a shorter time showed a growth rate that came primarily from evangelism and converts.   LDS started close to two centuries ago with about 15 million today.  There are between 8 and 9 million active JWs today.   Interestingly, there about about 20 million SDAs (spread around the world) and showing a growth rate somewhat faster than LDS and JW.  

In contrast, the AoG have about 70 million members worldwide and they are just one of many pentecostal groups.  Doing a quick search, it looks like there are estimated to be another 20 to 30 million members of similar pentecostal groups.   There are then perhaps 250 million pentecostals and charismatics in independent types of churches and groups.  In addition, about another 250 million or so charismatics still in mainline denominations.   Overall, pentecostals and charismatics are estimated to be about 1/4 of the total of Christians in the world.   Here's a link to an interesting article from the Pew Research Foundation about pentecostals and charismatics around the world  http://www.pewforum.org/2006/10/05/spirit-and-power/   It's interesting to note the rapid growth of numbers of pentecostal and charismatic Christians in Latin America and Africa.  In 1970 pentecostals and charismatics were between 4% and 5% of the total population of Latin America whereas in 2005 they were about 28% of the total population.  As of 2005 or so, about 3/4 of protestants in Latin America were pentecostal.

Bottom line is in about 200 years, 15 million LDS (mostly in the US) in a monolithic group;  in about 150 years, 9 million active JWs (with another 11 million that attend a service) in a monolithic group; in about 150 years 20 million SDA;  and in a bit over a century, between 500 and 600 million pentecostals and charismatics across a range of denominations, churches, and ministries and regions of the world.  LDS point to Joseph Smith and hold to his writings.  JWs point to CT Russel and point to his writings.  Many SDAs point to Ellen White and her writings.   Most pentecostals and charismatics have never heard of Azusa street and those who have probably couldn't name a single person who was there.  It is a movement that rapidly spread beyond particular individuals.   In many places in the world, pentecostals are the fastest growing Christian group.  One can either choose to decide that this is a move of God, or a huge deceit of the devil that has become what would probably be the fastest growing false religion in history.

Personally, I've known many Christians who came to Christ through pentecostal and charismatic churches and ministries and spent their entire Christian life there.  I've observed many of them for decades and have no reason to doubt that they are indeed Christians.

With regard to whether we are going to have another such movement, in one sense this movement has not really stopped since it started. 

A lot of JW are converted through door to door wittness. Of course it's not the true gospel. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

@backontrack

That video spoke to me in ways you couldn't imagine without knowing my story.  He just used you to remind me of some things He's  told me many times in many ways, but I keep letting them slip from the forefront :)

I am where I am because He has appointed it.  I have all but begged, all but demanded permission to leave this place.  Part  of me literally hates what I see and feel here, and in part I am here because that part of me needs some transformation.  I also know that He has placed me in an end time "Goshen" from which exactly the kind of transformational move experienced by those Inuit communities is destined to emanate.

That was  reminder to me....again....to focus more on what He is doing, than on what the devil  is doing.   Thanks :)

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  477
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,560
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

I think AOG is bein used of God to covert people to Jesus. I don't agree with some of there practices. Tithing is a command to them. And they will call you on it. I went to a bible study and they pass the plate. I brought no money with me. And a few others did not put into the plate. Afterwards the pastor said we don't teach the word for free. He said we are to pay offerings for the up keep and expenses of the church. I mean they would say if your broke step out on faith and will give you back a hundred fold. Don't agree with that. The new testament church help the poor members and share with them. Anyway just one point about AOG.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, JustPassingThru said:

Find a church that is teaching the Word book by book, chapter by chapter, verse by verse..., Worship is preparing our hearts to receive the teaching of God's Word, in so doing Father has promised He will come (His Presence) and inhabit the praises of His people Psm 22:3.

PM me if you want more info...

Lord bless

They are all full of dead people in my town and most of the preachers on tv are fake from what I can tell seeing a row of wheel chair bound people up front and they stage healings and all they want is money it's so sad. I was watching Arnold murray he teaches chapter by chapter but he is so dry. Looking for a group of believers who are crying out to God but not found them yet.

2 hours ago, backontrack said:

Makes since what you have written and statistics you quote. Next question, I read that William Seymore a Black one eyed pastor was head of this revival and he would come out with a box over his head until God told him to remove it. He was spirit filled and many Miracles took place one lady would look up and pull body organs from the organ room in heaven, arms, legs etc. Would love to see something like this and fill the Glory of God. I did once fill God's presence really strong in the 70's and can not get this it out of my mind.  I long for that touch once again and pray my kids and wife could have it happen. Every time I think of it I almost break down it tears it was so strong. Here is another site I found of something similar, check it out. Artic Fire

Where is the video section sorry but the video was good not for evil

2 hours ago, PepperS said:

Do you honestly believe a lady "would look up and pull body organs from the organ room in heaven, arms, legs etc. "

That is what happened so the story goes people grew arms, legs seems it really happened!

1 hour ago, Jostler said:

@backontrack

That video spoke to me in ways you couldn't imagine without knowing my story.  He just used you to remind me of some things He's  told me many times in many ways, but I keep letting them slip from the forefront :)

I am where I am because He has appointed it.  I have all but begged, all but demanded permission to leave this place.  Part  of me literally hates what I see and feel here, and in part I am here because that part of me needs some transformation.  I also know that He has placed me in an end time "Goshen" from which exactly the kind of transformational move experienced by those Inuit communities is destined to emanate.

That was  reminder to me....again....to focus more on what He is doing, than on what the devil  is doing.   Thanks :)

God will use the least of us to do his work I long to see this and more, my opinion it will start with the least of men in the least of places. Pine Ridge or somewhere else keep the faith it's coming!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, PepperS said:

No. It didn't really happen. This is breaking my heart. I am in prayer for you.

I need all the prayer I can get I'll do some more research on it get back to you. Thanks

13 minutes ago, PepperS said:

No. It didn't really happen. This is breaking my heart. I am in prayer for you.

There is a book on the revival it's seems to be true even raising the dead.