• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,624
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Had the lazy retired guy's privilege of sitting during the workday to watch the season opener of the TB Rays versus the Houston Astros at the new Trop with it's cashless venue, well except for the aisle venders of food water and beer plus the 50/50 raffle. Guess that means tickets and food concessions only take plastic for payment. I didn't much like it, but I did get in line got food, and watched my Rays play a lackadaisical  game and lose. Plus I was trapped in lot 4 for an hour, what a nasty parking situation. I think I will couch potato it more this year.

Lousy food, warm drinks, venders in the aisles with food to sell but no change, a  poorly played game, what more can a Tampa Bay fan ask of his spots teams?  Well there is the Lightning- Go BOLTS!

The stadium upgrades were nice I guess, but it is the Trop, no matter what it is still The Trop, with it's too low dome, bad lighting angles now with LED intensity. Truly the comparatively impovished  ownership is putting lipstick, LED colored lipstick - higher tech lipstick, on a pig.

I got my first Baseball hot dog of the year. What a treat, first one and the bun was stale and broken, plus a half of one side missing. - maybe chewed off over the winter? Yum yum. I'm getting too old for this kind of fun. My stomach is unhappy, my feet hurt, on the good side the restrooms were, well no not really they weren't. But there were paper towels, always been empty before.

What a wonderful privilege to be so blessed as to get to have no more problems than laments over a lazy day's entertainment. How blessed can one person be! Ya know life can be pretty grand, thanks for it all  Lord, it is a grumpy old man's dream come true. A pleasure to grump about.

• Haha 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

41 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

I'm getting too old for this kind of fun. My stomach is unhappy, my feet hurt

Take one dose of this below, before going to bed. Call me in the morning...........default_cool2.gif.54d8d3feb12ea4bb899ccbc196ad2e64.gif

philippians-47-9-notecard.jpg.0c9eac9faf6a3d7af08f18cd92b3b6fe.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

You could always do what my mother made my brother and I do when we were little. She would buy snacks cheaper at the gas station beforehand, and we would stuff them into our many pockets, and then sneak them into the movie theater. Skittles at half the cost and twice the fun. I don't know how you could do that with a hot dog, though... A plastic bag, maybe?

• Praying! 1

Praying for you.  :) 

Could try I suppose, patrons of the ball parks are checked closer than TSA checks airline passengers today. Getting caught bootlegging a little Debbie's snack  past the gate  could net one a  lifetime ban and a short prison sentence. :blink: 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

Just curious .......how much was the hot dog ...... how much for a beer? ( asking for a friend, lol)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

$10 for beer, for another $5.50 a free hot dog too. Must have plastic to pay for them. 

Watched from my couch tonight and what do you know we won! One hundred and sixty more games to go to playoffs. Oh oh decision time today, Grandson's Little League game to attend, plus Bolts and Rays play later. I will attend the LL game, then watch one pro game and record the other. Have to decide which to watch live or be busy with PIP  on the TV monitor flipping back and forth. Need to be doing some work too, and a little fun  Bible study/reading time - The Baptist Confession Of Faith 1689.

I am way way behind already on that two year weekly class, but there is a break this Sunday so this is my chance to get caught up or fall hopelessly behind. This is when a touch  of insomnia is a good thing.

Sunrise coming in an hour can get in  a little of the yard work that is  desperately needing my attention.  Oh wait it is Saturday isn't it?  Need to wait until 8 AM, can't be pounding outside  earlier than that.  

All at our Lord's allowing me the day anyway.  This ol' geezer is moving slower and slower it seems to me, anymore if given two chores  I find it to be an endless list to accomplish. I think I am living the old adage; the faster I go the behinder I get. Except that I know the reality is the world just seems to be moving faster around me as I slow down.

Praise God for the privilege and excuse of old age. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Back in my mis- spent youth, I could have had two cases of Budweiser for that $10.00.....Of course,to keep things in perspective I was only making $1.50 an hour back then , changing Semi truck tires.....ugh , my back “ still” hurts....

• Thumbs Up 1

Never much cared for most beer, well except for use as a chaser or for dunking cheaper bourbon into. People are stupid critters aren't we? I don't consume alcohol  for the so called pleasure of, or addiction to, it; haven't for years, decades now I suppose. I have had a sip of a good bourbon, but don't enjoy  being off my best alert so I just don't bother myself with it. Why way back when, it made it easy for me to be a  Baptist, now freed of that  I still don't consume alcohol. I'm just naturally high - on the Holy Spirit within. Feel'n good most all the time.

I always hated it.....even though I drank every night for at least 20 years.....put up with the bad taste for the effects....young and dumb.....I wonder if things would be different had I put all that money into Microsoft stock.......

On 3/30/2019 at 11:23 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I always hated it.....even though I drank every night for at least 20 years.....put up with the bad taste for the effects....young and dumb.....I wonder if things would be different had I put all that money into Microsoft stock.......

You could have been stone cold sober, calculating, well informed, and put it all in WCOM.

Like I did.

Thank you Bernie, through you God humbled me, oh did I get humbled in a hurry. Hard to say thank you Lord  on that one, but I do. It all works out to the good for those that do believe on Jesus as Lord God and personal savior.

What would  I have done with that lengthy yacht?  -it's all going to burn. Putting up treasure in heaven is the way to go about life anyway.