IGNORED

Who are the "dealers" of oil in the Parable of the 10 virgins?

Woman of faith

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Another important point. You say `let the Holy Spirit decide for you.` Sounds very spiritual, but who of us can say we hear the Holy Spirit 100% accurately.

I've lived for 28 years in a third world country without a church, without any like minded brothers or sisters, ...with only my Bible and the Holy Spirit to teach me 1 John 2:27, ...Father spent 42 years of my life preparing me for this very situation, ...for the 28 years I have been here I have been dependent 100% of the time on the leading and guiding of the Holy Spirit to feed me, to clothe me, to provide shelter for me, to supernaturally heal me, to provide work for me, to protect me (three times warlocks and witches have come onto my property to curse me),  ...I could fill books with what the Holy Spirit has done in my life, so, ...may I humbly suggest, that unless you have been in a similar situation, please don't judge me according to how the Lord has guided your particular life.

Lord bless 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,202
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

41 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

Sorry Marilyn, but, ...if you don't know the answer to what you have asked me in his post, then I humbly suggest you ask your pastor to explain the basics of what we believe in the Christian faith to you.

Lord bless

Hi JustPassingThru,

I have answered and also suggest you read again what I wrote using God`s word to explain His word.

Marilyn.

35 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

I've lived for 28 years in a third world country without a church, without any like minded brothers or sisters, ...with only my Bible and the Holy Spirit to teach me 1 John 2:27, ...Father spent 42 years of my life preparing me for this very situation, ...for the 28 years I have been here I have been dependent 100% of the time on the leading and guiding of the Holy Spirit to feed me, to clothe me, to provide shelter for me, to supernaturally heal me, to provide work for me, to protect me (three times warlocks and witches have come onto my property to curse me),  ...I could fill books with what the Holy Spirit has done in my life, so, ...may I humbly suggest, that unless you have been in a similar situation, please don't judge me according to how the Lord has guided your particular life.

Lord bless 

Hi JustPassingThru,

Thank you for part of your interesting testimony. How wonderful we know, that the Lord guides us even though we don`t get it all right.

Now just because you have been through all that, does not mean I or we here have not also gone through many trials and tribulations. I am NOT judging you but asking you to present scriptures to explain the topic we are addressing in God`s word. None of us should be interested in our own thoughts, but what God says in His word. That is why we discuss here scripture with scripture in line with God`s character (from His word) and His purposes, (from His word.)

As well as the Holy Spirit and His word we have good teachers over the years who have been given understanding of certain topics. They are not perfect but we now God`s Holy Spirit does reveal to certain ministries in the body, (Eph. 4) revelation of Him in His word.

So it is not personal that I challenge you, but in the discussion as we all seek to understand His word more. It is correct of me to ask you where are the scriptures to back up what you say. If I didn`t then I would be gullible. And if you know the truth then you should be pleased to show the scriptures that back up what you say.

regards, Marilyn.

3 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

It is correct of me to ask you where are the scriptures to back up what you say. If I didn`t then I would be gullible. And if you know the truth then you should be pleased to show the scriptures that back up what you say.

I have shown you the Scriptures, 2 Tim 3:16 and add this one:

For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.  Acts 20:29, 30

Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.  They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. 1 John 2:18, 19

I've done my part, ...now you pray and ask the Holy Spirit if it's true.

37 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

I have shown you the Scriptures, 2 Tim 3:16 and add this one:

For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.  Acts 20:29, 30

Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.  They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. 1 John 2:18, 19

I've done my part, ...now you pray and ask the Holy Spirit if it's true.

Hi JustPassingThru,

You have posted scripture relating to the Body of Christ. You need to show from scripture that that is who the Lord was talking about in Matt. 25, the 10 virgins.

The Holy Spirit does not contradict Himself with His word. If I hear something then it needs to line up with what He said in His word. Just asking the Holy Spirit, means you are relying on hearing 100% all the time. And no one hears that.

Marilyn.   

5 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Sorry Marilyn, but, ...if you don't know the answer to what you have asked me in his post, then I humbly suggest you ask your pastor to explain the basics of what we believe in the Christian faith to you.

Lord bless

Hi JustPassingThru,

What you think are the basics, is not what every one believes. I was taught by my Pastors and Teachers and at Bible College in 1968 in Melbourne and then in 1982 in New Zealand. They taught me what I am now sharing on Worthy. If what I have been taught is wrong, then we discuss and people can show me according to God`s word, or if I am right on some points then we all need to humble ourselves and believe what God says.

It is not about who is right or wrong, but what God`s word says, and then all rejoice in the truth. No one has a corner on God`s truth. We all share what we believe and then adjust as God reveals more. I have learnt much from others on Worthy and will continue to learn as we all grow in grace and understanding of His word.

Blessings, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

On 13 April 2019 at 2:33 PM, Woman of faith said:

Thank you for all your replies. I think you misunderstood my question. First, I don't think you can "buy" the Holy Spirit, @Who me. The passage is not to be taken literally. Just like all of Jesus' parables, he means to communicate an important principle to those with ears to hear. So, I am just trying to hear what he's saying. My understanding of oil here, and as it is mentioned throughout the Bible, is that it symbolizes the Holy Spirit. I understand that having enough "oil" means being prepared for Christ's return. But, still, in the text, the 5 wise virgins tell the foolish virgins to go to the "dealers" to get more oil. Jesus said it. He wouldn't say something in a parable without a reason.

Turn your problem around.

As you accept the Holy Spirit cannot be bought. As the parable talks about 'buying' more oil, it cannot mean the holy spirit.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

What you think are the basics, is not what every one believes. I was taught by my Pastors and Teachers and at Bible College in 1968 in Melbourne and then in 1982 in New Zealand. They taught me what I am now sharing on Worthy. If what I have been taught is wrong, then we discuss and people can show me according to God`s word, or if I am right on some points then we all need to humble ourselves and believe what God says.

It is not about who is right or wrong, but what God`s word says, and then all rejoice in the truth. No one has a corner on God`s truth. We all share what we believe and then adjust as God reveals more. I have learnt much from others on Worthy and will continue to learn as we all grow in grace and understanding of His word.

Marilyn, all I can say is I was isolated from the outside world for 13 years, in 2004 when Internet connection became affordable for me I went online and started reading and listening to men recognized in the Church as having the Gift of Teaching, ...Barnhouse, Martin Lloyd Jones, Charles Stanley, Wiersbe, McGee, Spurgeon, Murray, Tozer, Redpath, ...also studied through the Bible from Genesis to Revelation with pastors from the church Father placed me in, ...it continues on today, I listen to 3 to 4 Bible Studies a day, while eating breakfast, in my shop when I'm working, when I'm driving,   ...what I heard/hear them teaching is the same things that the Holy Spirit had taught me for those thirteen years and is teaching me today, ...I know and understand that because of my experience alone with God all of these years make me a freak to those in the American Church and any other country where they have everything the need at their fingertips, and don't need to trust and rely on God to provide their needs every second of the day for survival, ...so, please don't say I know all Truth, that's impossible, God is infinite and we are finite and because of that we will be learning new things from/about God for all of Eternity. 

What a person believes is what particular tinted glasses they are wearing when they read the Word, that is what causes all of the disputes and arguments, ...there is only ONE TRUTH, Jesus said He is the TRUTH, ...how much of that TRUTH we learn depends on how much we rely on the Holy Spirit to teach us:

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.  1 John 2:27

Lord bless

• Praise God! 1