• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  514
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,196
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Days Won:  1

Ephesians 4:17-18(NASB)
So this I say, and affirm together with the Lord, that you walk no longer just as the Gentiles also walk, in the futility of their mind, being darkened in their understanding, excluded from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the hardness of their heart;  

Hardness of heart. 

Having a hardness of heart is that that keeps people from coming to Christ and receiving the knowledge of the truth. First it prevents them from receiving salvation, than it prevents them from growing in it. This hardness of heart is above all things the growth stopper in any and all levels. 

This;

“I see things or I know the voice of God, I feel, know, have tasted of His goodness. I am saved, I am grown, I am mature.” 

This is self elevating itself with the things of God. 

For scripture says; 

1 Corinthians 8:2 (NASB)
If anyone supposes that he knows anything, he has not yet known as he ought to know;

This hardness of heart manifests itself in many different ways. This thinking we know or understand such and such. Though it may be true we have light in this or that area. The light, though it might be great, is still small in comparison to what is available to the believer in Christ. For it is the more we are called to. To be satisfied with where one is at in their growth in Christ is the “thinking you know” the above scripture is speaking to. This complacency, this thinking we have enough of Christ being manifested in our life. 

Though we should as scripture says, always “be living up to the standard we have obtained”.  This obtaining is with the hope and desire of a striving for more or a deeper obtaining. For as scripture says; 

Philippians 3:12 (NASB)
Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. 

This constant digging deeper for more of Christ being manifested in our life’s is that to which we have been called to. 

This hardness of heart is the pride of life in the heart of the believer. For if you need nothing, nothing can be given you, for your heart is not open, therefore it can not receive the increase that could and would be yours if you would desire it. This is the hardness of heart that stops a believer from going on with God. A lack  of willingness to see themselves always as one  who is blind, naked and in need. This willing or softness of heart is that ground that God needs to grow Christ in the heart of the believer. This is that that is imperative in the believers life, for though one may be saved without it, growing or going on with God is, in the nature of things impossible without it. But in just the same way with this willingness or softness of heart, it is impossible that a believer will not grow. For growth is God’s heart torward the believer. Let growth be our hearts toward God. 

Blessings,

Much love in Christ, Not me  

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,029
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,374
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

Often times studying "religion" can not only be a source of hardness of heart, but it can become pride.    We must all keep a humble heart before the Lord.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Debp said:

Often times studying "religion" can not only be a source of hardness of heart, but it can become pride.    We must all keep a humble heart before the Lord.

So true Debp.

Thank the Lord Himself that Christianity is  having a relationship with Christ Jesus Himself, not a set of rules that must be followed. It is having a love relationship with this one who has taken upon Himself the promise to perfect that which concerns us. The one thing that He needs to do His perfecting, is a heart is humble before Him and  would desire to be perfected by Him. 

Blessings, 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

You might be explaining some of what Jesus was speaking of, "Blessed are the poor in spirit."

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

1 hour ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

May our hearts stay forever soft; thank you for a lovely post.  It’s a heavenly race we as Christians run with endurance and courage.  And perhaps a Bible tucked inside our backpacks?  Our race is steadfast, and we never tire, always seeking the things of God with expectation.   Perhaps today, He will teach us something new!

This is just awesome. A heart that would be soft after God. Blessings Sonshine may God grant you such a increase in Himself that you would be a light for all those that would see. 

Blessings, 

1 hour ago, Zemke said:

You might be explaining some of what Jesus was speaking of, "Blessed are the poor in spirit."

Many thanks Zemke, 

That He might become more and we become less. To come to know this Great and Awesome God who loves us, such a  glorious relationship to have. 

Also many blessings, 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

yep I agree with you we must have a humble heart :)

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

17 minutes ago, shortangel said:

yep I agree with you we must have a humble heart :)

Yes, the treasure of such a heart. It could almost be said, that all things come through a humble heart. To keep and maintain a humble heart before God and man.  Such a treasure resulting in infinite blessings. 

Blessing, 

• Loved it! 1

Amen I agree

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,029
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,374
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

7 hours ago, Zemke said:

I was taught in Bible college that the poor in spirit means those that know they have need of God.

To me, knowing we have need of God is something that is in, or touches our inward heart.   This will help keep us humble, something only head knowledge cannot do.

• Loved it! 1

amen true :)

• Loved it! 1