• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

The Citizens of the New Jerusalem will also include all those in the Lamb's book of Life.

Revelation 21:25-27 New King James Version (NKJV)

Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there). And they shall bring the glory and the honor of the nations into [a]it. 27 But there shall by no means enter it anything [b]that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.

Do you know who is written in the Lamb's Book of Life Marilyn?

It is all the born again believers in Jesus Christ who are saved.

Revelation 3:5

He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

Hi missmuffet,

Glad you could join the discussion. I see why you think that, however you would need more scriptures to show that the Body of Christ is in the New Jerusalem, as many people are in the Lamb`s book of life, - those on the new earth, those in the city and those on the Lord`s own throne.

So can you back up your view with scriptures that actually say that the Body of Christ`s inheritance is in the city?

regards, Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

10 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi missmuffet,

Glad you could join the discussion. I see why you think that, however you would need more scriptures to show that the Body of Christ is in the New Jerusalem, as many people are in the Lamb`s book of life, - those on the new earth, those in the city and those on the Lord`s own throne.

So can you back up your view with scriptures that actually say that the Body of Christ`s inheritance is in the city?

regards, Marilyn.

I do not support your teaching. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

4 hours ago, Cletus said:

Maybe this one will help:

Joh 14:1  Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
Joh 14:2  In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

God Speed.

Hi Cletus,

Thank you for replying and bringing forth those scriptures. I know people have been told that this is for us, but a careful look at God`s word shows us differently. So can we look together?

In John 14 we see Jesus talking to his disciples and saying that in His Father`s house were many ``mone` meaning a staying, the act or place. People have gone on to make this about `Hollywood type mansions,` which is quite unscriptural. So we ask ourselves where in scripture do we see this `staying` fulfilled.

`Jesus said to them, "Assuredly I say to you....you who have followed me will also sit on 12 thrones judging the 12 tribes of Israel.` (Matt. 19: 28) 

``Now the wall of the city had 12 foundations, and on them were the names of the 12 apostles of the Lamb.` (Rev. 21: 14)

So we see that the 12 apostles of the Lamb are ruling in the city, the New Jerusalem. They will rule over the 12 tribes of Israel. With them will be the Old Testament saints who looked for a city. (Heb. 11: 16) This ruling position is in the lower heavens and over the earth.

The Body of Christ however has a great inheritance.

`God having provided something better for us,...` (Heb. 11: 40)

`Something better,` is from the Gk words, `kreitton, & kratos,` meaning greater dominion.

The Body of Christ`s inheritance is promised by the Lord, -

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me on my throne...` (Rev. 3: 21)

This `throne,` is the seat of the Lord`s power and authority where he will rule over all from the highest realm.

Thus we see that although the 12 disciples taught of the Lord as Saviour and Messiah, they had a different inheritance than the Body of Christ. each in his order, and all under the rulership of the Lord. The Body of Christ in the highest realm and the 12 disciples & OT saints in the New Jerusalem lower down.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Heybro said:

Hi Heybro,

Thanks for the encouragement. I realise I am going against the tide in some respects, as people have been taught differently, but not actually scripturally. So it is time for us all to really look at what God`s word says. So I welcome the discussion but know it is a `sore` spot with some people.

all the best, Marilyn. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

Heysis, (my humour), I recognise the time and effort that you have put into this topic, and others, and for this I commend you, dear sister in Jesus. While it may be controversial to some, to some others that don't understand it all, I think that for most that we get a part of it at least. What blesses me most is that we ALL will be a part of it for ALL Time, together, and in "(one accord)" no more disputes, no angst, just loving being together Praising our Heavenly Father for making it possible, All Glory to Jesus, "Who so loved us, that He gave." God bless.

• This is Worthy 2

1 hour ago, Cletus said:

mansions is not the point. 

2Co 5:1  For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2Co 5:2  For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
2Co 5:3  If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.
2Co 5:4  For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.
2Co 5:5  Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.
2Co 5:6  Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
2Co 5:7  (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
2Co 5:8  We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

the part where Jesus said that where I am, there ye may be also. is the focus. 

Hi Cletus,

Precisely. And where is the Lord own throne?

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me on my throne, as I also overcame and sat down with my Father on His throne.` (Rev. 3: 21)

So is the Lord`s SEAT of power and authority on earth His `footstool,` or below the angels in the New Jerusalem, or is His royal majestic throne ABOVE ALL.

Marilyn.

20 hours ago, Cletus said:

His throne is in the city where he is now. 

Hi Cletus,

Mmmm don`t see any scriptures there to back up that statement. How about we actually see what God says -

`But you have come to Mount Zion, and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of the first-born who are registered in heaven, to God the judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.` (Heb. 12: 22 - 24)

God the Father, Jesus, innumerable company of angels,

Mount Zion (the ruling realm) -  the church registered in heaven.

The city, the New Jerusalem - the just men, (Old Testament saints)

`Then I, John, saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God,...` (Rev. 21: 2)

So we see that the city is in the highest realm at this time, however when there is a new heavens and new earth, it is then that the city comes down out of heaven from God. The church, the Body of Christ will still be in the highest realm on the Lord`s own throne, His seat of all power and authority over all of God`s great kingdom.

Other realms will be under His authority and power, symbolised by the word `throne.`

Marilyn.

44 minutes ago, Cletus said:

wrong.  you are misinterpreting "heaven"... heaven is this city, but it can also be sky in the bible. 

Then I, John, saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down OUT OF HEAVEN from God,...` (Rev. 21: 2)

5 hours ago, Cletus said:

why do you repost your misinterpretation of a word and make it bold and all caps?  its talking about the sky or above the sky.  "heaven" is either the city, or the sky thus it makes no sense that John saw heaven coming down out of heaven.  this is real simple. 

Hi Cletus,

Where does it say that the city is `heaven?`

Marilyn.

5 hours ago, pinacled said:

There are three heavens given the meek like good soil. Then There is A single Seed of promise nourished with living water.

Such a seed gives rise and praise to the Holy One who gives freely.

Marylin is quite sharp and a respectful elder as far as I can see. I imagine she has heard the voice of the Shepherd in the 7 thunders and will answer only to Him who holds the 7 stars.

A keen and guarded heart like David who once had 11 servants.

In 1 chron.12 you will find an old treasure to compare with the new. As the prophets spoke of no more war. Consider the 11 who faithfully followed Yeshua.

Blessings Always

Hi pinacled,

That was very kind and encouraging of you to say that. Much appreciated.

Would you like to share your thoughts on 1 Chron. 12?

regards, Marilyn.