• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,264
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, PinkBelt said:

Matthew 6:1

6 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven."

If I have, I would not tell you because we aren't supposed to publicize our deeds. I strive to be a good witness in everything I do regardless of if I am actively trying to be a witness or not. Even in our daily lives people watch us and base their views of God on how we conduct ourselves.

Just so you know, other Christians were at that parade handing out bibles and talking with people one on one. None of them got arrested or asked to leave, nor did many of the LGBT people give them a hard time. Who do you think was more likely to reach them?

" I strive to be a good witness in everything I do regardless of if I am actively trying to be a witness or not. Even in our daily lives people watch us and base their views of God on how we conduct ourselves"     :thumbs_up:
That is the best way, PinkBelt. And I do not think you are bragging, or blowing your horn.
It's a simple testimony, a witness. That edifies me/us.

I myself do not believe shouting a hell fire message is effective to leading some one to an understanding of the gospel, PinkBelt.
Nor has anyone here said they do. The point has been ,
The street preachers, good and not so good,  are out there, doing the best they knows how. With the persecutions.
I am sitting here in comfort, typing.  I will not criticize the 'man in the arena'

When you do your best to have a Christ like witness, in everything you do, your walk is seen!
Else, it would not be a witness? If your trying to share the gospel to strangers, as we are
commanded
, are we boasting, by sharing the gospel? In public?

"If I have, I would not tell you because we aren't supposed to publicize our deeds"

I understand what your point is, about sounding the horn, to show others (brag) you alms giving.
That is, to me, not the same as helping others with
your experience to witness to strangers, sowing seeds of truth.
Why are we here, on this forum, PinkBelt? To learn  To share with others our methods to living
a Christian walk, dealing with the daily trials and temptations, victoriously in Christ.

We're all in this, together.
I would be edified to hear how you had led someone to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
I really would, PinkBelt.
It would bless everyone here, and would encourage others to share also.
We could all share our experiences, gleaning those special methods, and give us ideas to try.
For myself,
if losing a reward has helped someone else to get saved, Praise God.
Don't forget. Even then, you then have added another sheave to lay before our Savior. Praise God, again.

Psalm 126:6, "He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him."
(all those scattered seeds, whenever, wherever, however, whomever, forever.......:) and then just add a little water (from above)

Fishers of men. Sowing seeds. Helping one another. Together.

"Sowing in the morning, sowing seeds of kindness,
Sowing in the noontide and the dewy eve;
Waiting for the harvest, and the time of reaping,
We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves.

Bringing in the sheaves, bringing in the sheaves,
We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves"

"He shall walk, and walk and weep,

Bearing the handful of seed:

He shall come, and come with singing,

Bearing his sheaves,"

Together is a beautiful word.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,435
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

So, this pastor had a little confrontation at the spot he preaches on a regular basis.   What's your opinion on how he handled the situation and the message he preached.   This is  pastor David Lynn preaching the gospel in the city.  

Type the following in the youtube search box and have a listen.  

Baptist Guy and Street Preacher: Offence, Self-Righteousness and calling out

Guest PinkBelt
51 minutes ago, Sower said:

" I strive to be a good witness in everything I do regardless of if I am actively trying to be a witness or not. Even in our daily lives people watch us and base their views of God on how we conduct ourselves"     :thumbs_up:
That is the best way, PinkBelt. And I do not think you are bragging, or blowing your horn.
It's a simple testimony, a witness. That edifies me/us.

I myself do not believe shouting a hell fire message is effective to leading some one to an understanding of the gospel, PinkBelt.
Nor has anyone here said they do. The point has been ,
The street preachers, good and not so good,  are out there, doing the best they knows how. With the persecutions.
I am sitting here in comfort, typing.  I will not criticize the 'man in the arena'

When you do your best to have a Christ like witness, in everything you do, your walk is seen!
Else, it would not be a witness? If your trying to share the gospel to strangers, as we are
commanded
, are we boasting, by sharing the gospel? In public?

"If I have, I would not tell you because we aren't supposed to publicize our deeds"

I understand what your point is, about sounding the horn, to show others (brag) you alms giving.
That is, to me, not the same as helping others with
your experience to witness to strangers, sowing seeds of truth.
Why are we here, on this forum, PinkBelt? To learn  To share with others our methods to living
a Christian walk, dealing with the daily trials and temptations, victoriously in Christ.

We're all in this, together.
I would be edified to hear how you had led someone to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
I really would, PinkBelt.
It would bless everyone here, and would encourage others to share also.
We could all share our experiences, gleaning those special methods, and give us ideas to try.
For myself,
if losing a reward has helped someone else to get saved, Praise God.
Don't forget. Even then, you then have added another sheave to lay before our Savior. Praise God, again.

Psalm 126:6, "He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him."
(all those scattered seeds, whenever, wherever, however, whomever, forever.......:) and then just add a little water (from above)

Fishers of men. Sowing seeds. Helping one another. Together.

"Sowing in the morning, sowing seeds of kindness,
Sowing in the noontide and the dewy eve;
Waiting for the harvest, and the time of reaping,
We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves.

Bringing in the sheaves, bringing in the sheaves,
We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves"

"He shall walk, and walk and weep,

Bearing the handful of seed:

He shall come, and come with singing,

Bearing his sheaves,"

Together is a beautiful word.

I don't save anyone, God does. If a person accepts the Lord it is not because of me it is because they chose to and God gets the credit.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,264
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

6 hours ago, PinkBelt said:

I don't save anyone, God does. If a person accepts the Lord it is not because of me it is because they chose to and God gets the credit.

The flesh:

And you know, I never said that, nor inferred that!!
I said, quote;
"I would be edified to hear how
""you"" had led someone to a "saving knowledge" of Jesus Christ"
Every true believer knows that. Straw mans don't work here. Their too obvious. Try looking for the whatsoever is good.
I tried to reach out with positive encouragement, the blessings of sharing the good news, PinkBelt.

Jesus saves!
The saved, then, are instructed to sow the seeds, of truth. (The best way they know how!)
The purpose of this thread, to see/watch others,
in the arena, sharing the gospel, their way.
To learn.
Not criticize. We should plant seeds, as instructed. This I encourage. The seeds fall where they may, in good/bad soil.
You have evaded my question about your method of sharing the gospel several times. I ask no more.
I see your proud of your forum name, avatar, and interests posted. That should have alerted me :)

The Spirit:

"A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger"  :thumbs_up:

"How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they
believe in him of whom they have not heard? and
how shall they hear without a preacher?"

"And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them
that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!"

“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones God’s messengers! How often I have wanted
to gather your children together as a hen protects her chicks beneath her wings, but you wouldn’t let me.

"Do not stop him," Jesus said, "for whoever is not against you is for you."

"He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him"

May God bless you on your journey through this life, with His best for you, PinkBelt.

God is light.

Guest PinkBelt
5 hours ago, Sower said:

The flesh:

And you know, I never said that, nor inferred that!!
I said, quote;
"I would be edified to hear how
""you"" had led someone to a "saving knowledge" of Jesus Christ"
Every true believer knows that. Straw mans don't work here. Their too obvious. Try looking for the whatsoever is good.
I tried to reach out with positive encouragement, the blessings of sharing the good news, PinkBelt.

Jesus saves!
The saved, then, are instructed to sow the seeds, of truth. (The best way they know how!)
The purpose of this thread, to see/watch others,
in the arena, sharing the gospel, their way.
To learn.
Not criticize. We should plant seeds, as instructed. This I encourage. The seeds fall where they may, in good/bad soil.
You have evaded my question about your method of sharing the gospel several times. I ask no more.
I see your proud of your forum name, avatar, and interests posted. That should have alerted me :)

The Spirit:

"A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger"  :thumbs_up:

"How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they
believe in him of whom they have not heard? and
how shall they hear without a preacher?"

"And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them
that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!"

“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones God’s messengers! How often I have wanted
to gather your children together as a hen protects her chicks beneath her wings, but you wouldn’t let me.

"Do not stop him," Jesus said, "for whoever is not against you is for you."

"He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him"

May God bless you on your journey through this life, with His best for you, PinkBelt.

God is light.

A straw man is when you mis-characterize someone's argument and then attack that false premise instead of what they actually said. I didn't do that.

To be perfectly honest I believe your motive for asking is in order to attack me. But regardless even if they weren't I choose to follow the bible. I don't ask other people about their evangelism, their charity work or anything else God has said to keep private. Asking me over and over will not change my resolve.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.06

Every nation of the world has citizens with different religions, the nations cannot function properly without inter religious tolerance among its citizen, radicalism like isis in Syria would only destroy one nation. Thats why governments allow worship places for different religions, they do not ban religion though.

Bible says we must obey our leaders: Hebrew 13:17 Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you.

Street preachers want people to convert, i'm not against them by all means, however,  we should note that our nation recognizes the rights of different religions and believers. 

On 6/30/2019 at 11:38 AM, warrior12 said:

So, this pastor had a little confrontation at the spot he preaches on a regular basis.   What's your opinion on how he handled the situation and the message he preached.   This is  pastor David Lynn preaching the gospel in the city.  

Type the following in the youtube search box and have a listen.  

Baptist Guy and Street Preacher: Offence, Self-Righteousness and calling out

Please advise me reasonably why all of you seem to avoid using kind and respectable ways to invite people to our churches like below examples and insist on preaching uninvited to strangers on the street, the street belong to public not our own.

On 6/28/2019 at 6:07 PM, R. Hartono said:

There are many kind and honourable ways to attract people to Jesus instead of preaching over people unasked and uninvited.

This church, the Bunda Karmel Paroki (picture below) has provided free medical service and dental treatment at his building every day from monday to friday, workers are volunteering doctors. Serving 500 patients a month. Every friday they provide free meal for surrounding humble neighbourhood. They also open a medical store to help people free.

Most patients came from unbelievers moslems, they are well taken care without being fed with lustful sermons which they obviously avoid. They come to church to receive kindness (see picture with head covers), nobody need to hunt them down the streets with TOA speaker.

We need to come with love at the first place and let people decide to learn something from God on their free will.

medic.jpg

karmel1.jpg

karmel2.jpg

paket1.jpg

paket2.jpg

moslems1.jpg

paket3.jpg

christmas1.jpg

Edited by R. Hartono

On 6/28/2019 at 6:13 PM, R. Hartono said:

Mother Theresa has given her life to serve the poor is it an objection to you just because she was a catholic ?

Jesus gave an example of a good SAMARITAN !!!  Samaritans were  looked down by most Hebrew, did Jesus question their faith like you did with Teresa ?

Nobody with suites and ties from protestant church helping the poor Calcutta. Why dont you send your favourite street preachers there with TOA speaker ? they'll get driven away be4 they can sow their so called good seed.

there1.jpg

there2.jpg

there3.jpg

Why what i hear is a condemnation for the goodness this mother Teresa has done on the street because she was a catholic nun, Jesus gave an example of a good Samaritan without questioning their belief and their manner.

Her goodness and kindness has been looked down with contempt and bad rumours by the protestants in this Forum with "sst ssst bla bla blahh" about her as if we are holy angels without sins. Who are we to judge ? what a wicked and proud world calling yourself as christians.  

While all of you are so pride with your TOA speakers roaming the public streets. You may not be worthy the least compared with this nun in the eye of God. Nobody roamed the street of Calcutta with love and you should be driven away with your TOA speakers.

We came to the poor at slum area offering them coupon and invitation for medic and food at our churches because we care so people may receive and see God's kindness to them, we have been banished by unbelievers who suspect we try to spread religions thats why we understand the situation on the street. We didnt knock their door and tell them "Jesus is the saviour" which would only make them banish us, we came first with love. We never buy a TOA.

If we cannot come with love at the first place to people we'd better remain silent instead of causing hatred against Christianity. Jesus said many will hate His name but Jesus is in heaven, so who cause His name be hated ? Its the people without love calling themselves christians.    

Edited by R. Hartono

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,435
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Please advise me reasonably why all of you seem to avoid using kind and respectable ways to invite people to our churches like below examples and insist on preaching uninvited to strangers on the street, the street belong to public not our own.

Posting a bunch of photos of people doing charity work  is not preaching the gospel.  Yes, we are called to do good works and to help our brothers in need ect.  There are many organisation, religious and non=religious that donate and feed .  The word has to be spoken and heard .   Street preachers come with the purpose to preach the gospel to those  who would not hear it otherwise.  The methods or manner in which some choose to do so are theirs and while some preach their message that seems offensive, that is their message .   As long, as they are not abusive,show respect and the preach the gospel as it is written, then the seed is sown.

Don't know about your country, but here in  these English speaking democracy where free speech is the rights of every citizens.  Most street preachers don't have the resources to hand out, with the exception of tracts and bibles when they can afford it.  Their main agenda is to make the gospel heard.  

You can full the belly with food, but what about the soul.  FAITH , comes by hearing the word of God .    You can give all the comforts to the flesh, but if the spirit is not stirred as to the nature of sin and the only way to come to salvation for the lost soul is in Jesus Christ, then all your efforts would be in vain. The gospel must be preached, it is the great commission as instructed  by the Lord Jesus Christ.

All the photos you showed, did it show any weeping for their sins and confessing Jesus Christ as Lord of their life ?.    

You responded to the link I provided and where I asked for opinion of  this street preacher conduct and message.  You did not reply to  that, but instead choose to show a bunch of photos that does not say much really.   Many feed and give, but who are the ones to tell them of the state of their soul  and the remedy for it.   Food fill the belly, but  the word convicts and cuts to the heart of man, where the mire resides.

The gospel is to be preached where the need is.  " The street belongs to the public and not our own" as you quoted is your opinion.  The street preacher has every right as a citizen of that land to preach the gospel where it is not against the law, and in North America is it not.    

Edited by warrior12

On 7/1/2019 at 6:54 PM, warrior12 said:

Posting a bunch of photos of people doing charity work  is not preaching the gospel.

Matt 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

You need to show good works that men may see your light and glorify God.

Those charities are served by the church bringing God's love to people, to create good impression that you come with love and kindness of Lord Jesus. They come to church happily, we dont need to hunt them on the street like you do. You totally fail to make people come to church.

When Jesus sent 72 disciples ahead of Him he empower them to HEAL people.

Luke 10:9 And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.

Stephen did great wonders and miracles among people.

Acts 6:8 And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people.

Jesus fed 5000 people with miracle and healed the mute, the blind the lame etc.

THEY SHOWED THE POWER OF GOD NOT JUST WORDS.

1 Cor 4:  20 For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.

SO WHAT IF WE CANNOT DO MIRACLES that makes people glorify God ?

We cannot fed 5000 people, then we need to come with food

We cannot heal people, then we need to give MEDICAL HELP.

INSTEAD OF COMING UP WITH TOA SPEAKER ONLY uninvited.

If you are slapped by people its not because of God but your own recklesness, you create hatred because you do not come with LOVE first.

If you think you can win people by yelling "Jesus saves", why dont you use a 1000 Watt speakers which can reach one mile with its echo, heard by thousands of people.

JUST WHY CANT YOU COME UP WITH LOVE FIRST, You are a failure without showing love first. 

If you shout your sermon with that TOA in front of a mosque full of praying people, you will get arrested not because of God but your own recklesness. Dont even expect people to glorify God. 

How many times i need to show people this verse :

Matt 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

These street preachers are talking to the wind, nobody glorify God because of them.

Edited by R. Hartono