tsth

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you both for your replies.......Dennis it's good to see you again!

I don't know why, but half the time, I don't get notifications of messages or posts, so, if I don't respond to something that's why. As a rule I am not here on a regular basis.

Godsloft, thankfully I just happened to look up at my messages and saw that I had one, otherwise I would have missed it completely, as I didn't get any notification that I had one. Thanks for the note, I look forward to your reply. I have a couple of ideas, but I'll wait and see if I am right.

;-)

In His Love,

Suzanne

If you're interested in the word, "bundling", read here:

http://family.jrank.org/pages/186/Bundling.html

Notice the reference to Ruth 3:13 in the old King James.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Thank you LD Silversmith,

But, I think I'm focusing more on the biblical perspective of the word rather than the Amish custom. But, thanks for the info. I'd add some further to what you linked, but I really don't want this thread to go "off topic". :noidea:

In His Love,

Suzanne

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,594
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shabbat shalom, my brothers and sisters.

I know this is an old topic, but I would like to bring one thing up to your attention:

Have you ever considered that the parables of Matthew 13 (particularly the last six), were NOT intended for this time period at all? I believe they describe events that are yet to happen in the future kingdom that Yeshua` establishes when He returns to earth, to Isra'el, and to Yerushalayim.

I believe that, since these are parables about that kingdom, this will be at the end of the "kingdom age", i.e. the first thousand years of His reign while haSatan is incarcerated (Rev. 20:1-3) and Yeshua`s kingdom grows to fill the earth (Dan. 2:34-35, 44-45) and before Yeshua` turns over control of the whole world to His Father (1 Cor. 15:24-28). Of course, we know that the King will reign forever; His reign does not end after a thousand years (Luke 1:23; Dan. 7:13-14).

Rev 20:1-3

1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

KJV

Dan 2:34-35, 44-45

34 Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.

35 Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.

44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

KJV

1 Cor 15:24-28

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

KJV

Luke 1:30-33

30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

KJV

Dan 7:13-14

13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

KJV

Retrobyter

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Anybody ever wondered exactly what this passage means? I have!

Matthew 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: 25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. 26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. 27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? 28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? 29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

[url="http://bible.crosswalk.com/OnlineStudyBible/bible.cgi?word=Matthew+13%3A30

Edited by LisabethforChrist

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

Dear Lisabeth,

Our studies are in agreement. These are the same that I have heard from God's Holy Word by His Holy Spirit.

I am glad that you posted it.

(And welcome to WB's)

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Matthew 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: 25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. 26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. 27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? 28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? 29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

[url="http://bible.crosswalk.com/OnlineStudyBible/bible.cgi?word=Matthew+13%3A30

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

The tares look the same as the wheat while they are growing in the field. But when harvest time comes the tares show there true color which is black and they are bitter and poisonous. Both the tares and the wheat are who people who call themselves Christians. The people who call themselves Christians but are not not are the tares and they sit right next to us every Sunday in church but we can not tell if they are truly God's people or not but God can. These are people that we as true lovers of Christ care about and it would hurt our feelings if they were to suddenly be taken from our lives. Because we wouldn't understand why. It would cause us to doubt God.

The parable of the virgins speaks about the same thing. All ten virgins know who Christ is and they all ten virgins trimmed their lamps and went out to meet Jesus. Stone cold sinners don't know Jesus or anything about him, but those who have known him but are in a backsliden state of living in unrepented sin are the foolish virgins who once had plenty of the oil in their lamps but their lamps had run out of oil and would not burn with the light of Christ any longer. Which why they got left behind and even then they knew they had been left behind by Christ because they ran to the door calling on Him to let them in.

We must endure until the end. We must run the race until we cross the finish line because if we quit before we cross the finish line we will not recieve our reward.

True, and we must also treat everyone with love and hope for them as though for ourselves because it is not up to us to decide who is the wheat and who is the tare.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

The tares look the same as the wheat while they are growing in the field. But when harvest time comes the tares show there true color which is black and they are bitter and poisonous. Both the tares and the wheat are who people who call themselves Christians. The people who call themselves Christians but are not not are the tares and they sit right next to us every Sunday in church but we can not tell if they are truly God's people or not but God can. These are people that we as true lovers of Christ care about and it would hurt our feelings if they were to suddenly be taken from our lives. Because we wouldn't understand why. It would cause us to doubt God.

The parable of the virgins speaks about the same thing. All ten virgins know who Christ is and they all ten virgins trimmed their lamps and went out to meet Jesus. Stone cold sinners don't know Jesus or anything about him, but those who have known him but are in a backsliden state of living in unrepented sin are the foolish virgins who once had plenty of the oil in their lamps but their lamps had run out of oil and would not burn with the light of Christ any longer. Which why they got left behind and even then they knew they had been left behind by Christ because they ran to the door calling on Him to let them in.

We must endure until the end. We must run the race until we cross the finish line because if we quit before we cross the finish line we will not recieve our reward.

True, and we must also treat everyone with love and hope for them as though for ourselves because it is not up to us to decide who is the wheat and who is the tare.

You are correct. God knows our hearts better then we do and only He has the authority to judge.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,594
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

The parable is about the entering the kingdom now. It has been taking place since Jesus spoke it. When Christ comes He takes those who are already a part of His kingdom with him to heaven. Once He sets up His kingdom here, no one enters it, for the gate is then shut. We enter the kingdom of God on this earth, for He becomes our king when we surrender our lives to him. He comes in His kingdom when He returns with His saints to this earth in the 'New Jerusalem'.

Mr 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

1:15 And saying, the time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand repent and believe the gospel.

Lu 9:27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God. (They are now dead and have seen the kingdom)

Lu 11:20 But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

Lu 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Lu 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and has translated (already happened) us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

The separation of the wheat and tares is taking place now. Soon it will be finished and then Christ will come.

God bless,

Dennis