tsth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

So, would you say that Jeremiah was a hypocrite?

How about Amos?

Just curious, where you got the idea that you did, because it's not biblical with regard to those who speak to "the church"....sometimes they say what they do, because they are supposed to. And just like then.........there will be those that will become angry towards them, over it?

Just a thought. :24:

In His Love,

Suzanne

Slightly different situation. These 2 individuals were speaking under direct inspritation of the Holy Spirit. Certainly God can attract people to certain sections of scripture, but that should never be equated to people who spoke as they did under direct inspiration

:24:

Exactly, Eric. We KNOW for a fact that those prophets whose writings are contained in Holy Scripture were directly inspired by the Holy Spirit. After all, the Bible is the inspired word of God.

However, if I tell you that I was inspired to deliver a Bible passage to you..........well, maybe I was.........and maybe I was not totally open to the Holy Spirit speaking His truth to and for me, because is was painful for me to receive.

Peace,

Fiosh

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

One of the keys to this parable I believe - which has already been touched on - is the fact that tares and wheat look so much alike that often the only REAL way to tell the difference is their fruit.

And the only time one kind tell the differences in their fruit is at harvest time.

:emot-prettywink: And it will be the angels seperating them at harvest and burning the tares(weeds).

Matthew 13:37-43

37)He answered, "The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man.

38)The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the sons of the kingdom.

The weeds are the sons of the evil one,

39)and the enemy who sows them is the devil.

The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels.

40)"As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age.

41)The Son of Man will send out his angels,

and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil.

42)They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

43)Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.

Until then, it isn't our jobs to determine who is what.

Matthew 13:30

30)Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.'

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/12/1950

One of the keys to this parable I believe - which has already been touched on - is the fact that tares and wheat look so much alike that often the only REAL way to tell the difference is their fruit.

And the only time one kind tell the differences in their fruit is at harvest time.

:emot-prettywink: And it will be the angels seperating them at harvest and burning the tares(weeds).

Matthew 13:37-43

37)He answered, "The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man.

38)The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the sons of the kingdom.

The weeds are the sons of the evil one,

39)and the enemy who sows them is the devil.

The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels.

40)"As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age.

41)The Son of Man will send out his angels,

and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil.

42)They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

43)Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.

Until then, it isn't our jobs to determine who is what.

Matthew 13:30

30)Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.'

Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

I agree that we are to let both grow together but scripture does tell us that we can determine who is what. How? By their fruit. We are certainly able to discern fruit.

Too much searching for bad fruit will eventually produce bad fruit in yourselves. Better to keep our eyes on God.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/12/1950

Too much searching for bad fruit will eventually produce bad fruit in yourselves. Better to keep our eyes on God.

I certainly don't SEARCH for bad fruit. As we keep ours eyes on God, anything other than the fruit of His Spirit is plainly evident. It is a natural consequence of abiding in Christ.

I certainly don't SEARCH for bad fruit. As we keep ours eyes on God, anything other than the fruit of His Spirit is plainly evident. It is a natural consequence of abiding in Christ.

It's something I have to remind myself of, from time to time. Evil is all around us, everywhere we look, in every media and even in everyday conversations with the people in our lives. We don't even have to look for "bad fruit". You know what's funny(not in a haha sort of way), many people who admit to being nonbelievers or atheists show, outwardly, what looks to be the "fruit of the Spirit", and we can be fooled. On the other hand, many Christians are being persecuted by the "principalities and powers"(spiritual warfare) in this world and can, during their battles, display what outwardly appears to be less-than-perfect mannerisms. We, Christians and nonchristians, often view this as "bad fruit". That's why Jesus told us it's better not to judge others. Not to go around like fruit inspectors but to keep our eyes on our own fruit.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

we need to watch outfor the tares of course but we as christians know the difference between right and wrong things and shoul always avoid them. the tares are the sinners who at the end will burn

i cant seperate them only GOD can do that as HE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO really knows if one is a tare or a wheat. when i said we as christians i was speaking of right and wrong. GOD was giving a parable here and we need to seek the truth in each of them

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not sure of the first gather beause it didn't say on the concordance online and my Strongest is packed away ( moving soon ) but the latter one of the wheat, of the true believers is telling

to gather together, to gather

to draw together, collect

of fishes

of a net in which they are caught

to bring together, assemble, collect

to join together, join in one (those previously separated)

to gather together by convoking

to be gathered i.e. come together, gather, meet

to lead with one's self

into one's home, i.e. to receive hospitably, to entertain

It reminds me of the diaspora, where they are scattered to the four winds and those he promised to bring back together. I will go look that up and see.

I am curious about this..

Where do you find a difference in the two words "gather"?

I only see one in my Bible program...

When I read the word "collect" the feeling was like when I collect cups from trips..

They are not personal or close to my heart..

But the word gather has the feeling of drawing someing in close to me..like gathering for dinner..

Just curious to see if there is a difference in the use of the word ..

:thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

Dear tah,

Take a look at page 2 of the topic. The meanings of the 2 words are explained there.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

Quick reply:

gather with regard to tares - Strongest Strongs #4816 (a combination of the words of #4862 + #3004)

gather with regard to wheat - Strongest Strongs #4863 (together)

(I have noticed that the Strongest Strongs tends to give more detail in word meanings than regular Strongs or any of the other Bible tools. Thus, the meanings very seldom coincide with an online Bible tool. They're just not as in depth.)

In His Love,

Suzanne