IGNORED

Discrimination Against Gays - What Would You Base That On?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

Hi BB,

I do want to learn. But when I don't disagree with you on something, doesn't mean I agree with you. Sometimes I just don't have the knowledge to say something to a speciality. That's why I don't answer all of your points in the posts. I don't want to argue though.

14 minutes ago, Billiards Ball said:

I said "counselors are telling young people be hostile, aggressive, reject their parents,"

Could you back the "hostile, aggressive,reject"-part up please? Citing sources, please.

Did you ever cite even 1 source in the thread? May I ask? Don't let this be based on unsupported assumptions only. Please cite sources. Your experience is nice... but since we're talking about public entities... please show where they instruct they way you tell us they did. Citing some sound sources please.

You can Google

No please. This is NOT a source. Please don't make me do your your research. You came up with the - unsupported - allegations. Since you were the one having made a positive claim, please be you the one backing things up using sources.

Thomas

Edited by thomas t
typos

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

27 minutes ago, thomas t said:

Hi BB,

I do want to learn. But when I don't disagree with you on something, doesn't mean I agree with you. Sometimes I just don't have the knowledge to say something to a speciality. That's why I don't answer all of your points in the posts. I don't want to argue though.

Could you back the "hostile, aggressive,reject"-part up please? Citing sources, please.

Did you ever cite even 1 source in the thread? May I ask? Don't let this be based on unsupported assumptions only. Please cite sources. Your experience is nice... but since we're talking about public entities... please show where they instruct they way you tell us they did. Citing some sound sources please.

No please. This is NOT a source. Please don't make me do your your research. You came up with the - unsupported - allegations. Since you were the one having made a positive claim, please be you the one backing things up using sources.

Thomas

Thomas,

I don't need to cite sources to demonstrate natural law. How can you possibly discuss human sexuality without knowing that imprinting is a real phenomenon?

And countless young people have come out the parents in the last few decades, angry, bitter, hostile--because the prevailing wisdom says, "you are gay and if you're parents are uptight about it, stuff them"!

BB,

55 minutes ago, Billiards Ball said:

I don't need to cite sources to demonstrate natural law.

then frame it as an assumption about it?

55 minutes ago, Billiards Ball said:

angry, bitter, hostile

hostile? Here in this thread, one page before... I see hostility against gays: a poster overtly opposes approving of the gay/lesbian as a person, (btw. he is not referring to those claiming to be truely born again, though).

Seeing so much hostility from the Christian side, angry children is what I would expect, no?

Thomas 

Edited by thomas t
correcting quote

6 minutes ago, thomas t said:

BB,

then frame it as an assumption about it?

hostile? Here in this thread, one page before... I see hostility against gays: a poster overtly opposes approving of the gay/lesbian as a person, (btw. he is not referring to those claiming to be truely born again, though).

Seeing so much hostility from the Christian side, angry children is what I would expect, no?

Thomas 

I'm not hostile, don't throw other people's misunderstandings at me.

I ask again, "How can you possibly discuss human sexuality without knowing that imprinting is a real phenomenon?" Would you like some science papers so you can read how the first sexual experience(s) humans and animals have imprints them powerfully, or do you wish to simply accept this as natural law?

19 minutes ago, Billiards Ball said:

I ask again, "How can you possibly discuss human sexuality without knowing that imprinting is a real phenomenon?"

I'm not interested in that particular point of discussion.

BTW

Thank you for the Bible verses you've brought in and some interesting points you made + the stories from your church.

One last note - you saw hostility in this thread, too. If we only have hostility... but there's never somebody exposing it, where does that lead to, in your opinion? Lesbians hating us perhaps?

Thomas

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

does anyone here ever feel like a voice never heard. Like people hearing without listening. That you say nothing worth considering of thought. Like the unseen, unheard entity.   Knowing what you say is sound and true but no one cares or that it is worthy of thought.  :glare:

Sometimes I wonder why I'm on this board

Be blessed everyone anyway signed   frustrated  like watching the crowed all chatting and walking along seeing some guy alone in the corner whos lips are moving but there is no sound coming from them. May I will move on and find a place where others are listening 

Edited by Mike Mclees

21 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

others are listening 

the moment I have time I will read your "a reprobate mind" essay.

2 hours ago, thomas t said:

I'm not interested in that particular point of discussion.

BTW

Thank you for the Bible verses you've brought in and some interesting points you made + the stories from your church.

One last note - you saw hostility in this thread, too. If we only have hostility... but there's never somebody exposing it, where does that lead to, in your opinion? Lesbians hating us perhaps?

Thomas

You're not interested in discussing whether people are born gay or whether imprinting--such as from first/early sexual experiences with same sex persons--like when prepubescent children are abused by same sex older persons--guides someone's future orientation?! You're not interested in discussing whether science is saying being gay/lesbian is inherited, not heritable and not due to imprinting? You're disinterested in learning how addressing that early trauma could lead to a person developing a heterosexual orientation when the trauma is healed/resolved?! Then why did you ask for sources? There ARE scientific sources acknowledging the validity of imprinting . . . 

To answer your question, the world is doing a very, very, very thorough job of telling Bible-believers they are being hostile towards gays and lesbians! I don't think "more help" is required to tell Christians when they're being intolerant. People of faith ARE tolerant.

Then why did you ask for sources?

I asked for sources for your assertion that more libidinous people tend to homosexuality.*

People of faith ARE tolerant.

when it comes to being gay... Christians are being tolerant you say. Maybe tomorrow.

*EDIT + your assertion that nearly all homosexuals are former victims. (298 out of 300 if I remember well, you said). These dimensions would change the picture.

Edited by thomas t

18 minutes ago, thomas t said:

I asked for sources for your assertion that more libidinous people tend to homosexuality.*

when it comes to being gay... Christians are being tolerant you say. Maybe tomorrow.

*EDIT + your assertion that nearly all homosexuals are former victims. (298 out of 300 if I remember well, you said). These dimensions would change the picture.

I don't understand how you can argue these topics without knowing that for many years now, magazines in the supermarkets tout science's advances in unlocking the secrets of gay genes and adultery genes--these are lay reports about scientific studies all of which say that genetic tendencies towards a high libido are significantly correlated with adultery and homosexuality--put in other words, horny people have more sex or try to, via a variety of outlets--and the Bible is (again) right on an all-important subject of interest. There are also some newly discovered gene markers that some scientists could think correlate to homosexuality without being tied yet per se to libido.

I didn't say "Christians are tolerant", I said "people of faith". People who love Jesus Christ and imitate His humility, His tolerance, His inclusion of women and children and the poor and oppressed far beyond the cultures of His time--ARE tolerant. BORN AGAIN people who KNOW Jesus personally behave like Jesus, religious people who use a variety of religious names and labels including "Christian", are somewhat tolerant, sometimes far less so.

If I find the psychologist's statement that 298 of 300 male patients were victims of sexual abuse and/or dysfunctional relationships with fathers/grandfathers/guardians, I'll cite it here. In the meantime, what is my agenda for lying to say "Since I learned that many years ago, I've tallied all the gays and lesbians I personally knew plus all the witnessing I've done to correlate that statement"? I wan't lying, and in the meantime, why don't you believe what the Bible says, so you may better interpret the conflicting data and agendas that exist, rather than say, "The Bible must be wrong, because current science, including gray sciences like psychology and human sexuality studies, must be right"?