• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, shortangel said:

good points here,  I think God decides some things for us & the rest we have free will on,  I think we might have free will to choose our own husband or wife but God decides of that man or woman is right for us,  I think God also allows men to find their wives & women to find their own husbands,  I think God also allows us to choose what music we listen to,  books to read,  what cosmetics & dresses women wear & what is considered modest :)

HI shortangel, I hope you may understand that what books we listen to and what music we hear, is not so much personally by God every second, but from the Lord living in us and a gopod conscience and a soft faihful heart placed into us, means we like only what is right pure and just, whatever it may be.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

5 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

Romans 9:19,20

add in 18  for context and the topic is not man's free will at all.  It's GOD's free will to  choose whom HE will show mercy  to.

Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, Jostler said:

add in 18  for context and the topic is not man's free will at all.  It's GOD's free will to  choose whom HE will show mercy  to.

While you are at it, read the whole chapter.  Read about Jacob and Esau.

14 minutes ago, Jostler said:

Some men are hardened hearts, and some have that heart of flesh, then the free will of some is through an evil heart of disbelief, and the free will of others is after they are born again to no longer have that evil heart, but God who writes all HIs ways and laws int tor heart.

Romans 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

Ezekiel 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Hebrews 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evilheart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
Jeremiah 32:40 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.
Edited by gordon7777

Man is held accountable for sin, because he had opportunity in the first covenant, and did not continue in it, because man is unable to do any good, that is the purpose of this testament gone into the whole world, to prove man is only evil continually.

Hebrews 8:9Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continuednot in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Genesis 6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Adam had no choice but to take off the tree, he had no fear of God, no faith in God, he trusted in the devil more, and his wife, that there is no reason to fear God, that they will not die, this is again the reason this was done, to emphasize to the whole world that without GO placing HIs fear into our hearts, we are without fear and are wicked, disobedient and earn death through choosing death instead of the Lord who is life.

Jeremiah 32:40 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.
Jude 1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

God then who creates all things, and makes all for His pleasure, has no pleasure in evil so all who do evil go away, but those who the Lord plants, remain..

Isaiah 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.

Revelation 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Romans 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
27 minutes ago, Jostler said:

If man has no free will, then he cannot  justly  be held accountable for sin.  Adam's charge against God when he said "...this woman YOU gave me..." as an excuse for his willing choice to disobey would stand upheld in any court  of justice. 

9 minutes ago, pinacled said:

A freewill offering is from the heart of those who Love The Lord with all their heart. 

And with goodness and praise they offer of the abundance with a charitable and sincere intention.

Think of the two who held back.

Fellowship is woven in lovingkindness while worshipping in Truth and....

Grapes with seeds',

Do you know of any man that has any holy spirit ?

Do you know of any man that has eyes to see with?

Was Israel a good nation, or they were a prideful people that justified their sister Sodom?

There is any man good but God ?

The last question is because if you say yes to any of the first three questions, how did they not receive eveeryhhting from God ?

That means, every freewill offering that ever was made, came freely from the Lord, for the Lord..

2 Timothy 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Psalm 44:3 For they got not the land in possession by their ownsword, neither did their own arm save them: but thy right hand, and thine arm, and the light of thy countenance, because thou hadst a favour unto them.

Deuteronomy 9:6 Understand therefore, that the Lord thy God giveth thee not this good land to possess it for thy righteousness; for thou art a stiffnecked people.

Ezekiel 16:52 Thou also, which hast judged thy sisters, bear thine own shame for thy sins that thou hast committed more abominable than they: they are more righteous than thou: yea, be thou confounded also, and bear thy shame, in that thou hast justified thy sisters.

Psalm 39 reminds me that David had the Spirit of the Lord, so we see man has no free will, his spirit does nothing we ever can be impressed by

Matthew 22:43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,
Edited by gordon7777

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

well I guess any usefulness this thread might have represented just came to an abrupt end.  as usual.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Jostler said:

well I guess any usefulness this thread might have represented just came to an abrupt end.  as usual.

Spoken of like Jesus Christ who gave up so easily and could not answer what was put to Him..

Luke 14:6 And they could not answer him again to these things.

Matthew 22:46 And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

19 minutes ago, pinacled said:

I agree that every Good gift is from above.

And also understand that the attributes of meekness is inherent in every son and daughter under the sun.

I'm from a school of thought that all are nearest to the glory of the Lord when they honor their mother and father. And that it is impossible to inherit sin(transgression.

When knowledge is given in a way to puff up a child with arrogance. The responsibility falls on the parents, not the child.

As ole sh'aul mentioned wolves leading women astray, I was reminded of dear chavah and her mistake in innocence.

Something elihu(Satan has done for eons is to impute sin where there is none. A way of challenging The Most High of creating mankind with evil intent.

Then with the lowliest form claims to be mankind's savior in the account of iyov.

While iyov was blameless, innocent, and righteous the serpent took form in elihu and claimed with arrogance and foul accusations against iyov and the Most High to be his(iyov) redeemer.

Poor iyov even in his meekness likely thought the Lord was rebuking him instead of elihu during his distress.

Something for everyone to consider is the punishment given iyovs' 3 friends.

Blessings Always.

Every son and daughter dies, and they die because they serve sin, and they are free from righteousness. Meekness in mans view is different than the Lords, mans amount of meekness is very tiny therefore.

Romans 6:20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were freefrom righteousness.

To honour mother and father was to honour God, because all are Gods honourable thoughts and teaching from heaven, which man of the earth cannot believe in, it is spiritual, so they all fail, but God gave evidence and testimony of them.

Ephesians 6:2 Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise;
2 Corinthians 1:20For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

Everybody is puffed up with knowledge, as only charity edifies, and charity is not in man, man is not love.

1 Corinthians 8:1 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.
Colossians 3:14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

Nobody is innocent before God..

Job 15:15 Behold, he putteth no trust in his saints; yea, the heavens are not clean in his sight.

Man is conceived in sin..
Psalm 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Job was meek to think he was innocent and the Lord guiity..

Job 34:5 For Job hath said, I am righteous: and God hath taken away my judgment.

Edited by gordon7777