IGNORED

What is "dispensationalism?"

Guest Chrissy

Guest Chrissy

Im feeling very "uneducated" right now.....this stuff is going over my head. I have been a Christian since the age of 15.....and Im 48 years old. My father was a pastor, and I was raised in a Christian home.

Here I am....looking very confused because I still dont understand dispensationalism. I believe the rapture will take place before the tribulation....so does that make me a dispensationalist??? (Or does that really have anything to do with it?)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bro Davidâ„¢

Dear Chrissy.

Perhaps this will Help.

Dispensationalism is a movement most closely associated with C.I. Scofield (1843-1921) and John Nelson Darby (1800-1882). It holds that history can be divided into distinct periods, called "dispensations", in each of which God administers the created order in a distinct way, to which men respond either in faith or in unbelief. Modern Dispensationalists do not usually profess as their Classical forbears did, being distinguished only for their premillennialism and their predilection for Israel and for their conviction of a glorious future for her in fulfilment of Old Testament Prophecy, and a temporal distinction between Israel and the Church. Classical Dispensationalism has eight essential elements:

By Michael Petek 2002

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/24/1967

Dispensations are divisions of ages. We know that we are in the age of Grace. We know there is coming a perfect age when Christ will reign. There are other divisions that are not as easily seen because they may not be clearly stated in the bible. I have some books written by Clarence Larkin that are excellent resources.

You can find some of his writtings and some excellent pictures and diagrams that he drew on the internet.

Guest Chrissy

Ok...now I have another question....you all are going to get tired of me asking these things, but I have to know.

Exactly what is "baptisimal regeneration?" (hope I spelled that right) Now my friend is talking about this and she says she doesn't believe in it.

I trust your opinions and views on these things. You are all really helping me.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  172
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I believe the rapture will take place before the tribulation
:emot-highfive: I don't want to get ya off the subject of the original post....but...Most christians do believe in the rapture before the tribulation. My question to you...What do you think tribulation is? Aren't we in tribulation times now? I'd LOVE to believe that I'd be taken away before anything bad happens..but..... :blink:

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  424
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

:emot-highfive: Edited by hopper

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  424
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

:D Edited by hopper

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Chrissy, "dispensationlism" is the belief that God works in certain ways, with certain people, during certain periods of history as He chooses.

I am a traditional dispensationlist and it is a biblical doctrine. The very word "dispensation" is a biblical word.

Eph 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Col 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

Now, what "dispensation" are we currently in? We are in "the times of the gentiles."

Luk 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

When will we be out of the "times of the gentiles?" Well, when the very last predestined gentile receives Christ.

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

"Until the fulness of the gentiles be come in" certainly indicates that God has a set number of chosen gentiles that are going to come into the kingdom.

This is a great question and a great theme througout scripture. Salvation has always been by grace through faith in Christ, but the way God works out His plan among the people has changed throughout history as is evident.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I am a covenant theologian as opposed to the dispensational framework. The main area of contention woould be how God differentiates between His people. In other words will God deal with Israel in a way totally separate from the church. Or are there closer connections between the 2 groups.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  143
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/05/1967

I believe in one God who rules from one place, over one people.

Or have you not heard "My Lord, who lives in Tziyon" receives praises from his children.

Beautiful in it's elevaation, the joy of all the earth, Mount Tziyon, in the far north, the city of the great king. Let her rejoice and be glad because our righteousness has come out of Tziyon and our enemies have been judged. Yisrael has been restored. For God will save Tziyon, he will build the cities of Y'hudah. [His people] will settle there and possess it. For ADONAI has chosen Tziyon, he has wanted it as his home It is like the dew of Hermon that settles on the mountains of Tziyon. For it was there that ADONAI ordained the blessing of everlasting life.

May ADONAI, the maker of heaven and earth, bless you from Tziyon. Blessed be ADONAI out of Tziyon, he who dwells in Yerushalayim! Halleluyah! Glorify ADONAI, Yerushalayim! Praise your God, Tziyon! Shabechi Yerushalayim et Adonai!

1 On that day, seven women will grab hold of one man and say, "We will supply our own food and wear our own clothes. Just let us bear your name; take away our disgrace."

2 On that day, ADONAI's plant will be beautiful and glorious; and the fruit of the land will be the pride and splendor of Isra'el's survivors. 3 Those left in Tziyon and remaining in Yerushalayim will be called holy, and everyone in Yerushalayim written down for life. 4 When Adonai washes away the filth of the women of Tziyon and cleanses Yerushalayim from the blood shed in it with a blast of searing judgment, 5 ADONAI will create over the whole site of Mount Tziyon and over those who assemble there a smoking cloud by day and a shining, flaming fire by night; for the Glory will be over everything like a hupah. 6 A sukkah will give shade by day from the heat; it will also provide refuge and cover from storm and rain.

The seven women are the seven kehillot (churches), the man is Yeshua (Jesus). The day in mention is the day of judgement upon yisrael. When Yisrael was disciplined (scattered again) the beautiful and glorious plant started to produce fruit in abundance. The sukkah is Yeshua.

1 "Look! I am sending my messenger to clear the way before me; and the Lord, whom you seek, will suddenly come to his temple. Yes, the messenger of the covenant, in whom you take such delight - look! Here he comes," says ADONAI-Tzva'ot. 2 But who can endure the day when he comes? Who can stand when he appears? For he will be like a refiner's fire, like the soapmaker's lye. 3 He will sit, testing and purifying the silver; he will purify the sons of Levi, refining them like gold and silver, so that they can bring offerings to ADONAI uprightly. 4 Then the offering of Y'hudah and Yerushalayim will be pleasing to ADONAI, as it was in the days of old, as in years gone by. 5 "Then I will approach you for judgment; and I will be quick to witness against sorcerers, adulterers and perjurers; against those who take advantage of wage-earners, widows and orphans; against those who rob the foreigner of his rights and don't fear me," says ADONAI-Tzva'ot. 6 "But because I, ADONAI, do not change, you sons of Ya'akov will not be destroyed.

7 Since the days of your forefathers you have turned from my laws and have not kept them. Return to me, and I will return to you,"

The messenger of the covenant HAS come. And the offering of Y'hudah and Yerusahalayim IS pleasing to him as it was before. He IS approching us for judgement through his spoken word. And it witnesses against all these things. AND because God does not change, we sons of Ya'akov (Yisrael) will not be destroyed.

If we repent, you will return to us.

There has always been ONE way to God. And that through trusting faithfulness.

1 I will stand at my watchpost; I will station myself on the rampart. I will look to see what [God] will say through me and what I will answer when I am reproved. 2 Then ADONAI answered me; he said, "Write down the vision clearly on tablets, so that even a runner can read it. 3 For the vision is meant for its appointed time; it speaks of the end, and it does not lie. It may take a while, but wait for it; it will surely come, it will not delay. 4 "Look at the proud: he is inwardly not upright; but the righteous will attain life through trusting faithfulness.

Avraham was saved by faith just as the last gentile will be just as all Yisrael is. ONE way to the father. ONE people, ONE family, ONE Love.