• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

A lesson for myself mostly

Don't concentrate on the sin  and miss the redemption! Jesus is the redeemer. All is well for those that believe on Him as their Lord, God, and personal savior.

Rejoice, He is risen! Death the final enemy is defeated.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Ha! There is but one bagel left this morning.

I didn't want a bagel anyway, but wife asked  "do you want a bagel?", then saw there is but one, and that is what she had desired to eat a bagel this morning. Oh oh, a gluttony crisis for both of us! 

Though I didn't want a bagel today, as I am kinda bloated from eating two of them yesterday, now that there is only one, I kinda would like to have it.

And she knowing I must have had two yesterday instead of just one like she did, wants this one. Shall we toss it in the trash and neither eat of it? Would that be a wasteful gluttony in of itself. Boy sin is hard to avoid isn't it?

Wife is enjoying her bagel as she reads her on own Christian chat board  group's writings at another board. I'm pleased she is satisfied, think I'll eat an egg, make that a three egg  omelette.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Waiting2BwithHim said:

So now I ask this.. is eating certain things such as snacks being considered a glutton?

Should we be eating those foods mainly from the Bible? 

Moderation and necessity. I believe Jewish and Gentile dietary laws are discussed in 'Acts"? Hebrew dietary law changed immediately after Noah's flood if I recall correctly. I don't recall any dietary restriction for gentiles with the exception of eating 'blood'. What would be an appropriate word starting with the letter "G" and ending in a "N" for people like me on Thanksgiving Day? G _ _ _ _ _ N

1 Timothy 5:23 (KJV) Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

Naturally the above scripture is dealing with contaminated water, and possibly unsanitary food and its effects. The wine is a natural medicine to relieve stomach infirmities, it doesn't say to be a wine bibber and get intoxicated. Today I'm sure they would have medical terms for a glutton; such as excessive compulsive disorder or something. 

Should we be eating those foods mainly from the Bible? Well, apparently we were originally created to eat grains, fruits and vegetables; and not flesh. In Exodus Manna wasn't sufficient enough for them and they cried out for flesh and God gave them Quail. We all know the health risks associated with eating animal fats and flesh, along with the transferable diseases and parasites. Flesh is lawful for man to eat as food, however, it didn't start off that way; and starting at the millennium, I see a return to a vegetarian diet possibly. 

Now I'm hungry for a bucket of the Colonels chicken  :th_frusty:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

overeating can be a problem I know it is for me but anything in moderation can be good my worst habit is eating Twizzlers candy,  & spice drops I know I should be eating fruits to saitisfy craveings but i'm real picky picky :)

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Waiting2BwithHim said:

First thank you for posting this. But is there anymore to this? Does it tell you how to gradually reduce sugar intake or how to handle the withdrawal?

Hello waiting

After quitting years of smoking, I gained about 15-20 lbs. Was embarrassed.
Wondered why all those fat people didn't quit eating so much. Not judging them, as I was smoking.
Then I became one. A lesson there. I just swapped addictions.
My son showed just how much sugar intake I had become addicted to, unawares.
Now, I have simply stopped eating milkshakes before bed, reduced fruit drinks,
sugar snacks  and so much food laden with sugar.
It's added in (unawares) so much food to keep you buying their products, and you can
become 'addicted' to the 'feel good' chemicals the sugar causes to release.
I cannot get away from sugar, it's good and necessary, in moderation.
Read the labels, a little homework, motivate yourself, and acknowledge the Lord.
I was amazed how quickly the lbs dropped off when I stayed disciplined. 
I ck scale daily, (motivation) to decide for salads, or meat and potatoes. No biggie.
I can still eat plenty, but just a little more selective. Simple.  Thanks to my disciplined wife.(Praise God)
Below is full article about sugar and detox symptoms. My detox was not really bad, as I just
continued to 'slowly' eliminate heavily sugared products, and ate more of the good stuff. And there's plenty.
With just 15 lb loss, I definitely feel lean and healthier.
Bottom line. You have to decide.
PS   There's victory in Jesus! : )
PPS  I do not even think about any kind of diet plan, or schedule. At all!!
I have heard (and seen) of a so many failed diets from friends.
I don't eat less now. I just eat better..........

https://www.healthline.com/health/sugar-detox-symptoms