IGNORED

The Two Witnesses

Guest Freshoil

I think it will be 2 witnesses.

And they will be 2 people we've never heard of before.

If it were Moses and Elijah there wouldn't be many people celebrating their death.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I think it will be 2 witnesses.

And they will be 2 people we've never heard of before.

If it were Moses and Elijah there wouldn't be many people celebrating their death.

Thats a good point

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

I personally don't think it even matters whether or not these two people still have their "earthly bodies"...

as if God is constrained like that. As if He couldn't just make a new body for any given soul He chooses to do His will.

This is one of the reasons God showed Ezekiel what He showed him in Ezekiel 37:1-14.

People who put restrictions on God's capabilities should re-read Hebrews 11.

Just because God is allowing man to understand certain things, man always thinks he knows "it all" in the end.

John the Babtist was not Elijah but Jesus said Elijah has come. Matthew 11:14"..if ye will recieve it, this is Elijah,

which was for to come."-Jesus, KJV

Matthew 12:38-45 This goes along with Paul's "for we wrestle not" mentality.

When did we conform and forget what we're really involved with here as "strangers in a strange land"?

• Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  10/27/1965

The two witnesses are unknown and will be made known at the appropriate time, my guess is no one will recognize them as being the two witnesses until they have been resurrected for all the public to fear.

Peace

CJ

I agree with you on most except this statement. People will know who they are.

"The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth."

The prophets will torment those on earth pretty much says that everybody will be affected by them. What other reason would there be to gloat over them if they are unknown.

At first very few will know who they are, but as word spreads, and as they perform all the signs assigned to them everybody will know who they are long before they finish their time and are killed.

The Bible states that it is appointed unto man once to die and then the judgement. As such, I have always believed the two witnesses are Enoch and Elijah, but scripture doesn't say.

I agree completely with the "once to die" part, but since scripture doesn't tell us the "who" part about the two witnesses, why is it such a mission for so many people to try and figure out when there are people in this world who've never even heard of Jesus yet.

We're all feeling the pressure of the end(personal theory) and in mass confusion we seek as many answers to as many questions as we can possibly think of to avoid what we really should be doing which is gathering the lost.

I personally don't think it even matters whether or not these two people still have their "earthly bodies"...

as if God is constrained like that. As if He couldn't just make a new body for any given soul He chooses to do His will.

This is one of the reasons God showed Ezekiel what He showed him in Ezekiel 37:1-14.

People who put restrictions on God's capabilities should re-read Hebrews 11.

No offense None, but I think you are putting to much emphasis on me trying to understand Prophetic passages as opposed to the power of God , I think we are all aware of the power of God here.

Peace

CJ

None taken, CJ.

Sorry about my misunderstanding.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  248
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

Who ever they turn out to be, I would expect to stay far away from them.

Ofcourse, they will be in Irsael, anyways.

Liz

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Last Son of Krypton

There are several speculations about who the two witnesses are. Since I am so new to the site and constantly studying the end times, I can not make assumptions about their identities, I can however tell you this, they were hand picked by God, thousands of years before the event was even to occur. God has always known this day will come, and without realizing it, our society is indeed moving closer to the end times. I feel in my heart that we are living the last days, though no man knows the hour, or the day, WHEN it happens, most left behind will know what happened, while others seek counsel and guidance from a false world leader. The witnesses will appear and while we may not be able to identify them at the time of what past biblical person they could be, keep in mind that even if we were here, as true believers we would have no need to fear them, for they are on our side. I personally can not wait for that day to come, though I hope indeed I am not personally here to see it. Good day my brothers and sisters in Christ.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I believe they will be Moses and Elijah.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Welcome to Worthy, Last son of Krypton!

:mgcheerful: Got a kick out of your username (in a good sort of way)!