marriage

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Is it right for a christian to divorce and remarry?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

11 hours ago, Roja said:

Let me say this. If you divorce TO remarry then it is obviously adultery. 

There are times in every marriage when the two have irreconcilable differences. It's called being male and female. Or type alpha. Or just being an individual human.

Here the thing. All marriages consist of two sinful human beings trying to make one life together.

That spells trouble.

But it doesn't always have to be.

99.99% of it is learning to give and not take. Or not focus on receiving.

If you are already divorced, remarry if you find someone. If it's a sin technically then 1 John 1:9.

If however, in the course of a lull in your current marriage you want an escape from the oath you took before God to commit to you just want out OR you have found somebody else that makes your heart go pitter patter... I personally believe God takes for action making your life miserable and things that would have succeeded in our lives fall apart etc.

God can and does forgive sin but he will not be mocked.

If something is out of your hands, God knows this. He grades on the curve in these matters.

But he's not stupid and knows what we try to wrangle in our minds (fooling no one but ourselves).

If Herb or Jane or Sally or Bob just doesn't get you anymore, or the love has grown cold, or any number of typical excuses... just hold on. Honor your commitment to the commitment (if nothing else), then one day when you are on an up part of the roller coaster ride of marriage you will be so thankful you did.

I used to work for Mayflower Van Lines years ago, moved many broken homes and all were people on both sides who had no idea how deeply divorce cut. How drastic their lives would change. And often I got the impression of how sorry they were that they didn't stick it out, ride out the storms... but it was too late by then. So sad.

Self esteem is wonderful, and a high priority if we have low self esteem. 

But most of us have too much self esteem. We get in God's way, we neglect to call upon him to help us ("I got this" usually ends up with "how'd I get here?" or "how'd things go so wrong?").

We get proud and arrogant.

We look at our supermodel wife and think to ourselves 'I can do better..." rather than thank you Jesus I don't deserve this angel.

We are our own worst enemy. But almost nobody realizes it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

18 hours ago, Roja said:

An old saying not heard very often:-

Marry in haste, repent at leasure.

God permits divorce because of the cold unloving hearts of men and women.

If it is your intention to blight the lives of your children give in to the selfish desire to get divorced.

As JognD has said far better to talk to each other, to councellors and to reslove differences and rekindle the affection/love you once shared.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

45 minutes ago, Who me said:

God permits divorce because of the cold unloving hearts of men and women.

It is very sad. But sadder too is a family at war when the two leaders are in constant strife encouraging the children to side with either of them. That will REALLY mess up the kids. Better one (even if unstable) parent than two that are at loggerheads.

The one that takes a back seat and refused to be further drawn in to this miasma is probably the one who has more derision heaped on them that a ten-ton truckload. But if they hold their peace and remain on the periphery, then maybe the children will eventually come to know them in a real way without the influence of the other parent. Strife and anger never accomplished anything good. So this is often the case in our society of poorly informed and immature people. Everyone seems to want to be the chief. There are no 'indians' anymore. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

59 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

It is very sad. But sadder too is a family at war when the two leaders are in constant strife encouraging the children to side with either of them. That will REALLY mess up the kids. Better one (even if unstable) parent than two that are at loggerheads.

The one that takes a back seat and refused to be further drawn in to this miasma is probably the one who has more derision heaped on them that a ten-ton truckload. But if they hold their peace and remain on the periphery, then maybe the children will eventually come to know them in a real way without the influence of the other parent. Strife and anger never accomplished anything good. So this is often the case in our society of poorly informed and immature people. Everyone seems to want to be the chief. There are no 'indians' anymore.

The stats are very clear divorce hurts children, mentally and emotionally.

They would rather Thewir parrents stayed together and learnt to co-operate.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

It all depends on the circumstances. For infidelity yes. Also if an unbeliever leaves yes. Otherwise no.  A person who is being badly abused verbally or physically should not stay in that relationship.