• Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, douggg said:

Ezekiel 38-39 Gog/Magog

Followed by the 7 years

Ending at Armageddon

Followed by the 1000 years

Ending with Satan' last rebellion, including the Gog/Magog nations.   But not the Ezekiel 38-39 event.

So now there are three great wars? two of which involve Gog Magog? My View is that Ezekiel 38, and 39 are describingthe one at the end of the 7 years, which is preceded by the dry bones coming to life (Ezekiel 37), The resurrection of the dead being the Day of Christ.

Look, Like I said, Maybe there is a brief war (psalm 83) before the final week that gives impetus to the covenant with many, But this is Not the Gog Magog war. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08

Just now, dhchristian said:
Just now, douggg said:

Ezekiel 38-39 Gog/Magog

Followed by the 7 years

Ending at Armageddon

Followed by the 1000 years

Ending with Satan' last rebellion, including the Gog/Magog nations.   But not the Ezekiel 38-39 event.

So now there are three great wars? two of which involve Gog Magog? My View is that Ezekiel 38, and 39 are describingthe one at the end of the 7 years, which is preceded by the dry bones coming to life (Ezekiel 37), The resurrection of the dead being the Day of Christ.

Look, Like I said, Maybe there is a brief war (psalm 83) before the final week that gives impetus to the covenant with many, But this is Not the Gog Magog war. 

Or this could be the second resurrection at the end of the thousand years?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

39 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Then there is a contradiction in scriptures, because 2 thess. 2:8 says, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:  Which is speaking of the day of Christ. 

by the "brightness of his coming" is just a way saying Jesus coming in great power, and awe, at the time when the beast is cast alive into the lake of fire.   The physical glory of Jesus's appearance is not what will destroy the beast, although it will make him cower, but Jesus speaking judgment on him.       There is no conflict.

If you look at Ezekiel 28:1-10 regarding the killing of the revealed man of sin when he claims to be God in the middle part of the week... it says about the person, his brightness being defiled.   It is metaphoric.

Ezekiel 28:6 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thou hast set thine heart as the heart of God;

7 Behold, therefore I will bring strangers upon thee, the terrible of the nations: and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of thy wisdom, and they shall defile thy brightness.

The revealed man of sin doesn't actually have a physical brightness about him.    It is just referring to his high opinion of himself.

Edited by douggg

12 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Well, in the text of Ezekiel 39, there are 7 years that follow Gog/Magog, in Ezekiel 39:9.   Gog/Magog takes place before those 7 years, because the 7 years are tied to Gog's army having just been destroyed.

That 7 years is the 7 years of Daniel 9:27, 100% without fail, because the Armageddon feast is in Ezekiel 39:17-20, 100% without fail to be, because it is Jesus Himself speaking in Ezekiel 39:21-29, having returned to earth, and having just laid judgement on the heathen armies which have gathered to make war on Him.

However, you are unlikely to find many people, if anyone, recognize that it is Jesus Himself speaking in Ezekiel 39:21-29.

Ezekiel 39:21 And I [Jesus] will set my glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I have laid upon them [the armies gathered to make war on Him].

24 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Or this could be the second resurrection at the end of the thousand years?

The Gog/Magog attack on Israel in Ezekiel 38-39 is before the 7 years begin.     It doesn't talk about the rapture or resurrection(s) in Ezekiel 38-39.

In Revelation 20, the second resurrection of the millennium period takes place after Satan's final rebellion which will include the same Gog-Magog nations that partook in the Ezekiel 38-39 event a thousand years earlier.

Just now, douggg said:

Well, in the text of Ezekiel 39, there are 7 years that follow Gog/Magog, in Ezekiel 39:9.   Gog/Magog takes place before those 7 years, because the 7 years are tied to Gog's army having just been destroyed.

Where do you get seven years in there? It only says that Israel will be burning their weapons as fuel for seven years (verse 9)

Just now, douggg said:

It doesn't talk about the rapture or resurrection(s) in Ezekiel 38-39.

Ezekiel 37 does, Re: Making the dry bones live.

Just now, douggg said:

In Revelation 20, the second resurrection of the millennium period takes place after Satan's final rebellion which will include the same Gog-Magog nations that partook in the Ezekiel 38-39 event a thousand years earlier.

Agreed here, not disputing this one, I just do not see the Gog Magog war at the beginning of the final week, and am trying to figure out where you got this. 

Edited by dhchristian

35 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Where do you get seven years in there? It only says that Israel will be burning their weapons as fuel for seven years (verse 9)

I don't have to type or pencil in the seven years into the text.   It is already there.   

During the intial years following Gog/Magog, the Jews will think they are living in the messianic age.    They will burn the remains of Gog's army instead of gathering wood and cutting trees.   That part is directly in the text.

In the middle part of the 7 years, their presumed messiah goes bad and betrays them.   And eventually becomes the beast.   And the AoD is made and setup in the temple.

When that happens, the Jews flee into the wilderness, the mountains, to escape persecution by the beast.    The remains of Gog's army destroyed in the mountains, 3 years earlier, will be God's provision for the Jews to have a source of fuel for heat, and cooking, and there will be the meals-ready-to eat in the vehicles, while they are in the wilderness, until Jesus returns.

That those 7 years are the same 7 years in Daniel 9:27, it takes awareness that the confirming of the covenant for 7 years is already a requirement of the leader(s) of Israel that Moses made in Deuteronomy 31:9-13.

And awareness that the confirming (a big speech) has to be done from the place of God's choosing, which I have discussed with the Jews themselves that they consider to be the temple mount.   Which can't be done until after Gog/Magog when the muslims are no longer on the temple mount.

And the person to be the leader of Israel, following Gog/Magog, will be the Antichrist.     The Antichrist is the another, the Jews embrace thinking he is the messiah, which the role of the messiah is to be the King of Israel to lead the Jews and the world into the messianic age of peace and safety.

Edited by douggg

28 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Agreed here, not disputing this one, I just do not see the Gog Magog war at the beginning of the final week, and am trying to figure out where you got this. 

Everything about the Gog-Magog invasion against Israel ends in the text with Ezekiel 39:16, summarizing the preceding verses of how they will clean the land.

Then it skips 7 years, between the lines, to Ezekiel 39:17-20, to the Armageddon feast.    There is no direct explanation of this in the text.    

Edited by douggg