Will Homosexuals go to Hell?

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Recently, a Christian footballer declared in his facebook account, that all homosexuals will go to Hell.

For the sake of understanding the Bible, I give a case study of homosexuals who believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and that Jesus died for our sins and are trying to repent but occasionally practice homosexuality but quickly repent their ways - the cycle of going straight for some time and going back to their homosexual ways for a day or two. They go to Church & pray often to change theirs ways but are finding it very hard.
Question: In the above case , will "Christian" homosexuals go to hell? Please support your arguments with Bible Scripture verses.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

Here is the crux of the matter.  

What brings a person to the presence of God for eternity after they die is if they accepted the gift of grace via the blood of Christ.

IF that happened, their lives will be radically changed.  Made perfect?  No.  Changed, yes.

For example, a homosexual can be saved.  And their life will change.  Will they still struggle with this sin?  Yes - Paul says that sexual sins are different than any other sin.

I read a wonderful article by a former homosexual who tried to explain the fight within his body and soul after salvation.  He never acted on it again, but he wanted his fellow Christians to know that he suffered.  I believe the devil tormented him even harder because he was now saved.  He ended the article by saying that  the temptations grew less as much time went by and that he had recently asked a woman out on a date and was looking forward to it.

I don't say will a Christian homosexual go to heaven.  I word it differently.

I say that a Christian who has homosexual temptations/urges and fights it with all his might will go to heaven.  We need to pray for these Christians.  The struggle is very painful and they need all the uplifting we can give them.

Conversely, the homosexual who calls himself a Christians but does not give up his lifestyle and truly believes and teaches others that homosexuality is not a sin will not go to heaven......NOT BECAUSE of his homosexuality.  But because he is not saved.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

I wish  just one of the people who believe we have to work to keep our  salvation would read that chapter and explain this verse to me ....in its context.  Not one I've presented it  to so far has been honest enough  to even acknowledge it, much less address it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

8 hours ago, SeekingGod888 said:

Recently, a Christian footballer declared in his facebook account, that all homosexuals will go to Hell.

For the sake of understanding the Bible, I give a case study of homosexuals who believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and that Jesus died for our sins and are trying to repent but occasionally practice homosexuality but quickly repent their ways - the cycle of going straight for some time and going back to their homosexual ways for a day or two. They go to Church & pray often to change theirs ways but are finding it very hard.
Question: In the above case , will "Christian" homosexuals go to hell? Please support your arguments with Bible Scripture verses.

All those who are believers of Jesus Christ will go to heaven. We as true born again believers want to be obedient to Jesus Christ. Is being obedient to Jesus Christ living the life of a homosexual? What does the Bible say about homosexuality?

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingd0m of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,  nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

On 15 July 2019 at 5:53 PM, Jostler said:

I wish  just one of the people who believe we have to work to keep our  salvation would read that chapter and explain this verse to me ....in its context.  Not one I've presented it  to so far has been honest enough  to even acknowledge it, much less address it.

Depending which bible one reads v14 says either obey commands or wash their robes.

Which ever version one prefers the meaning is the same. Christian are the ones who seek to obey Jesus, Christians have had their sins forgiven(washed in the blood)

The passage says nothing about earning salvation/place in heaven.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

31 minutes ago, Who me said:

Depending which bible one reads v14 says either obey commands or wash their robes.

Which ever version one prefers the meaning is the same. Christian are the ones who seek to obey Jesus, Christians have had their sins forgiven(washed in the blood)

The passage says nothing about earning salvation/place in heaven.

and I  didn't say that it  did.  obviously you didn't read the context as suggested.

• Thumbs Up 1