turtletwo

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Days Won:  16

He  has revealed a lot to  me through  the  examples recorded for our  sake in the stories of Israel's trials and triumphs in  the Old Testament.  One  thing of note was recognizing  that as He  empowered His people to take the land promised to them, His plan for each battle was unique.  We have  a "promised land" to take as well and we too will be required to understand the difference between self-reliance and listening obedience.   We can learn from the victories and mistakes ... or repeat the  mistakes and  suffer loss.

For I do not want you to be unaware, brothers and sisters, that our fathers were all under the cloud and all passed through the sea, and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, and all ate the same spiritual food, and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they were all drinking from the spiritual rock that followed them, and the rock was Christ.  But God was not pleased with most of them, for they were cut down in the wilderness.

These things happened as examples for us, so that we will not crave evil things as they did.  So do not be idolaters, as some of them were. As it is written, "The people sat down to eat and drink and rose up to play."  And let us not be immoral, as some of them were, and twenty-three thousand died in a single day.  And let us not put Christ to the test, as some of them did, and were destroyed by snakes.And do not complain, as some of them did, and were killed by the destroying angel.  These things happened to them as examples and were written for our instruction, on whom the ends of the ages have come.

So let the one who thinks he is standing be careful that he does not fall.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  514
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,195
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

@turtletwo

Oh bless you turtletwo! 

You have no idea how much of a smile and joy your post put in my heart and on my face. Even as I type this 10 mins. later the grin is still on my face. Thanks for giving me such joy.

Such an example of listening to Christ or self.

Many, many, many blessings.

Much love in Christ, Not me