• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,624
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

There is  no deterrence available against evil, except by the Restrainer hearing the prayers of the saints in Christ Jesus.

Guns and more guns will not matter one way or another.

Just try to pick out the good guys from th ebad guys in an all in shoot out. See how many  of each end up shot by the police both the good and the bad guys. Best to bury the dead treat the injured and pry to God  for all to hear and receive the gospel of our Lord so that fewer and fewer are left so depraved as to want to kill at all.

Our hope that  is certain is in the name of the Lord Jesus, not in any limiting gun regulation  nor freedom to use guns, no matter what the regulation or freedom is. May even this tragedy alert many more individuals to the need of our Lord God and savior Jesus. Our hope is certain in Him and in Him alone. in the meantime, praying for the families left behind and for the wounded that they may be healed of their injury.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

Here is an important distinction I've learned to make, thanks to the creation of the EU:

The U.S is actually a collection of 50 different "countries", similar to the EU. One thing that makes it seem like one country is that we all speak the same language and we've been without border security between us since the depression (California used to have them during the depression to keep poor midwesterners out).

So, what happens in California has as much relevance to me in Kentucky as what happens in France has in the UK. This also speaks to why Antifa is rather agressive in Portland, but not in Louisville. In Louisville, the guy that pulled a gun on them (there is video on youtube) in the middle of the street would have been completely within his rights. Not so in Portland. 

Each state has it's unique cultural qualities that are different than other states. I've driven in 46 of our states with just a few east coast states to go. I've seen this difference all over the place. Alaska isn't New York and Florida isn't Hawaii. And none of them are South Dakota. 

In other words, I don't see this sort of shooting as a "U.S" thing. I see it as a thing in the state in which it happened. It's also how I look at all the Chicago shootings. And the interesting thing is that if you removed Chicago, New Orleans, ans three or four other cities from the mix, there is very little gun violence in these 50 countries.

• Thumbs Up 1

BTW, on another site someone said "welcome to the new normal", and then gave this definition:

nor·mal

adjective
1. conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected.

Let's be frank, here. If it was usual, typical or expected to happen at these events, nobody would go to them. Further, such a shooting would not be newsworthy.

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.83
  • Days Won:  33

The news has reached over here in the UK as well.

I am praying about the situation. How dreadful.

God bless,

Becky. (Former user-name: Rebecca Pickles).

This might be helpful for some:

Santino William Legan: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

https://heavy.com/news/2019/07/santino-william-legan/

• Thumbs Up 1