• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, createdequal said:

so? he is the chosen one. We the People CHOSE him over 17 others (16 Rs and 1 from the Party of Baby-Killing)

so yeh, he IS the chosen one.

I do feel that God himself raised him to be where he is. I know that many Christians worked on getting him elected, yours truly included..

that is the same as God because Christians do His work... or are supposed 2 anyway

God does put our leaders in power according to His will. He put Nero and Caligula in power but I'd never defend their actions either. He put George Washington and Barack Obama in power as well and I would call out any of them if they acted in this manner. God put Caligula in power but he abused it. Then you say "that is the same as God because Christians do His work..or are supposed 2 anyway" so now you're seeming to compare Trump to God and if that's the case then I rest my case that hyper-partisan rhetoric isn't in any way productive to a Christian witness. And if you're suggesting that Christians supposed to do Trump's work just as they are supposed to do God's then that's another issue all together.

14 hours ago, createdequal said:

I think God is big enough to handle it

don't you?

I'm sure God can and will handle it! I just don't think Christians should defend it. Let God handle it!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,586
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

7 hours ago, unworthyservant said:

I feel what we really need is a way to hold all politicians and elected officials regardless of party affiliation accountable for everything they do and quit the hyper-partisan rhetoric that will serve only to alienate those who have opposing party opinions.

Shalom, unworthyservant.

That's true enough, but ABSOLUTELY NOT in the "court of public opinion!" And, the democratic party leftists should QUIT HIRING PAID ACTORS to voice their opinions "publicly!"

4 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, unworthyservant.

That's true enough, but ABSOLUTELY NOT in the "court of public opinion!" And, the democratic party leftists should QUIT HIRING PAID ACTORS to voice their opinions "publicly!"

There's lots of things that both sides should quit doing for moral reasons that are a little more relevant to me than who actually repeats their talking points. All I'm saying is when Christians engage in public hyper-partisan rhetoric they are running the risk of damaging their Christian testimony with those on the other side. I don't begrudge anyone their right to believe about politics as they wish and vote their conscience, but as Christians we should think about our testimony before engaging in hyper partisan public discourse. I will comment on actions that I find morally reprehensible regardless of the party affiliation but try and make sure to not cross that line of attacking someone just because of their political beliefs. And BTW I vetted your claim that the Dems are hiring paid actors to voice their opinions (or talking points) publicly. My research found a fairly equal number of accusations of that very thing on both sides for years. I couldn't find any hard numbers that were verifiable but while some differed over who spent the most it looked like a close race to me, so when you fail to mention that the Republicans do it too that makes it a partisan statement when in reality it seems that it's a problem on both sides. I'm just saying...God Bless

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.34

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 7:37 AM, unworthyservant said:

I feel what we really need is a way to hold all politicians and elected officials regardless of party affiliation accountable for everything they do and quit the hyper-partisan rhetoric that will serve only to alienate those who have opposing party opinions.

the Ds are not held accountable for anything they do. It used to mystify me but maybe the reason is that the Rs know how ruthless and lacking in absolute morals the Ds are.. and so God knows what they will do in retaliation.. (if, say, X prominent Dem politician or IRS employee is punished as s/he deserves)

Edited by createdequal

19 hours ago, createdequal said:

the Rs know how ruthless and lacking in absolute morals the Ds are..

And the Ds know how ruthless and lacking in absolute morals the Rs are, so what's your point? Neither party has a monopoly on ruthlessness or moral bankruptcy. My point is simple. Are you willing to cripple your Christian testimony to Dems everywhere over mean spirited partisan political rhetoric?

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 6:46 AM, unworthyservant said:

God does put our leaders in power according to His will. He put Nero and Caligula in power but I'd never defend their actions either. He put George Washington and Barack Obama in power as well and I would call out any of them if they acted in this manner. God put Caligula in power but he abused it. Then you say "that is the same as God because Christians do His work..or are supposed 2 anyway" so now you're seeming to compare Trump to God and if that's the case then I rest my case that hyper-partisan rhetoric isn't in any way productive to a Christian witness. And if you're suggesting that Christians supposed to do Trump's work just as they are supposed to do God's then that's another issue all together.

umm.. Caligula came before Christ

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 8:30 AM, unworthyservant said:

And the Ds know how ruthless and lacking in absolute morals the Rs are, so what's your point? Neither party has a monopoly on ruthlessness or moral bankruptcy. My point is simple. Are you willing to cripple your Christian testimony to Dems everywhere over mean spirited partisan political rhetoric?

geez, what world do you live in? La La Land?

the Ds advocate murdering children. The Rs don't.

Case Closed

17 hours ago, createdequal said:

umm.. Caligula came before Christ

What does the chronological order of Roman Emperors and Christ have to do with the price of eggs in China or for that matter, anything that I said? I didn't mention any chronological order as it's totally irrelevant to the point (or any point I have made). If all you're saying is that you're knowledgeable on the chronology of Christ and the Roman Emperors, then congratulations. I'm somewhat impressed. If somehow you find that knowledge relevant to the issue at hand please advise as to it's significance. umm...God bless

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:35 PM, unworthyservant said:

There's lots of things that both sides should quit doing for moral reasons that are a little more relevant to me than who actually repeats their talking points. All I'm saying is when Christians engage in public hyper-partisan rhetoric they are running the risk of damaging their Christian testimony with those on the other side.

so a Christian promoting the R party is "damaging their Christian testimony with those on the other side"??

The other side?

Do you realize the other side is Satan himself?

How can you be any more Satan-promoting than wanting to keep baby-killing legal, even up until the daybefore birth, and some are now saying after birth as well?

Is that not Satanic to you?

(and there other ways in which the left's policies are destructive to society---) 

• Thumbs Up 1