IGNORED

Is wearing female clothing for a man a sin?

Strickalator

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1972

:rolleyes:

my question is this...is it truly a sin for a man whether it be in a play on stage or in private in his house...or even in public...to dress in womens garments...what does scripture say on this ...

also what about women...we see them wearing ties and suits now...so is that a sin also?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Deut. 22:5, "A woman shall not wear anything that pertains to a man, nor shall a man put on a woman's garment; for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD your God.

1 Cor. 6:9 (emphasis added), "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be led astray, neither fornicators nor idolaters nor effeminate nor homosexuals."

I believe that both verses are related here, in that both deal specifically with the sin of acting contrary to one's nature. In other words, Deuteronomy 22:5 does not say that wearing men's/women's clothing in and of itself is sinful. However, it is in the intent that you do so that could be sinful.

It is sinful for a man to dress as a woman or a woman to dress as a man with the intent that doing so would attract a member of the same sex. It is not sinful for a woman to wear blue jeans, or pants, or even a suit, if there is no motivation behind it other than to just dress comfortably.

What about men dressing as women? I believe that it is sinful for a man to dress as a woman for any other reason than acting; it certainly is shameful even in that respect. The man is the head of the woman. As such he ought to conduct himself accordingly. It is improper - even shameful - for any man to dress as a woman regularly or infrequently.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  306
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/02/1952

Deut. 22:5, "A woman shall not wear anything that pertains to a man, nor shall a man put on a woman's garment; for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD your God.

1 Cor. 6:9 (emphasis added), "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?  Do not be led astray, neither fornicators nor idolaters nor effeminate nor homosexuals."

I believe that both verses are related here, in that both deal specifically with the sin of acting contrary to one's nature.  In other words, Deuteronomy 22:5 does not say that wearing men's/women's clothing in and of itself is sinful.  However, it is in the intent that you do so that could be sinful. 

It is sinful for a man to dress as a woman or a woman to dress as a man with the intent that doing so would attract a member of the same sex.  It is not sinful for a woman to wear blue jeans, or pants, or even a suit, if there is no motivation behind it other than to just dress comfortably. 

What about men dressing as women?  I believe that it is sinful for a man to dress as a woman for any other reason than acting; it certainly is shameful even in that respect.  The man is the head of the woman.  As such he ought to conduct himself accordingly.  It is improper - even shameful - for any man to dress as a woman regularly or infrequently.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The US military has both men and women wearing the same clothes. A uniform designed for men. Women wear pants originally designed for men.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

I don't understand why a man would want to wear woman's clothing, play or not. :rolleyes:

I don't think God wants this equality thing to get to our heads. Be a man and no skirts....(unless you're scottish, I'm still baffled).

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you aren't a troll. For now. Forgive me for having my doubts, if I am wrong. But I've got a pretty good troll sniffer. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

First day and you want to know if one can marry a woman with multiple husbands, and whether a man can put on ladies clothes in the privacy of his home or parade around in public in them?

I'm on alert. Forgive me, it's my nature. :rolleyes:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Hi, I am new also. I do hope though not to be a troll :rolleyes:

As far as dress goes I think someone said up thread it comes down to intent.

If it were somehow done in a sexualized manner, then no, I would say it is probably a perversion of our natural sexuality. However I think in plays or theatre or for comfort, pretty much any clothing is okay, as Christ said, why be concerned about clothing?

The US military has both men and women wearing the same clothes. A uniform designed for men. Women wear pants originally designed for men.

Are you saying that this is wrong, or...?

• Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

I agree.

If it's comfy.....

no, not really!

LOL....

I can remember a Thread about Jeans for women....some time ago.....

and someone put this....as far as I can remember......

"There are jeans and trousers designed especially for women and girls."

Well, I agree.

If it is woman's design, and fit and shape, it's not a man's clothing is it?

Men wear clothes designed for MEN,

Women wear clothes designed for WOMEN!!!!

:rolleyes:

(Just to add, I'd feel all lonely without my comfy Jeans!!!!!) :rolleyes::rolleyes::b::b::b:

Just joking!

God Bless You all.

Yomo

All good points, yomo.

My wife sometimes will wear one of my t-shirts. But it's not because she wants to look like a man.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  279
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/30/1965

I have a daughter that shops in the mens department. The way that her body is shaped (extremely long wasted) mens jeans fit her better than womens. As she developes I'm sure womens jeans will suit her better but for now, it's the mens department for her. She does not do it to be boy like but for comfort. If she did it just to be like a boy, I'd put a stop to it.