• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,051
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, omega2xx said:

You have no idea when wheat was domesticated,

We know rather precisely when it was first "domesticated."   Actually, that was probably a gradual process, with the observation that seeds bring forth new plants.   But cultivation followed broadcasting of seed much later...

Bread and durum wheat are both domesticated forms of wild emmer wheat. Spelt (T. spelta) and Timopheev's wheat (T. timopheevii) were also developed from emmer wheats by the late Neolithic period, but neither has much of a market today. Another early form of wheat called einkorn (T. monococcum) was domesticated at about the same time but has limited distribution today.

The origins of our modern wheat, according to genetics and archaeological studies, are found in the Karacadag mountain region of what is today southeastern Turkey—emmer and einkorn wheats are two of the classic eight founder crops of the origins of agriculture.

The earliest known use of emmer was gathered from wild patches by the people who lived at the Ohalo II archaeological site in Israel, about 23,000 years ago. The earliest cultivated emmer has been found in the southern Levant (Netiv Hagdud, Tell Aswad, other Pre-Pottery Neolithic A sites); while einkorn is found in the northern Levant (Abu Hureyra, Mureybet, Jerf el Ahmar, Göbekli Tepe).

https://www.thoughtco.com/wheat-domestication-the-history-170669

All of what you posted only mentions different varieties of wheat.  There is no evidence some variety of grass, resulted in wheat.  That is a necessary, but not proved OPINION to try and support evolution.

Even most creationists now admit that speciation is a fact.   Would you like me to show you?

All of what you posted only mentions different varieties of wheat. 

See above.  Since modern wheat is polyploide, it can't interbreed with other forms of wheat that have a different chromosome number, such as Einkorn.

2 hours ago, omega2xx said:

There is no evidence some variety of grass, resulted in wheat.  That is a necessary, but not proved OPINION to try and support evolution.

See above.  You've been badly misled about that, too.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

First, I do not claim to be an expert in genetics, but I do know some basic truths of the subject.  Second, you have ask the wrong question.  Even a cave man can look up and cut and paste the definition  of "mutation."

@omega2xx - don't worry about whether my question is "right" or not, I just want to make sure you actually understand it enough to discuss them in a knowledgeable manner. You might recall that I asked you to explain them in your own words. Will you do that to help the discussion?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  5,051
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

2 hours ago, omega2xx said:

You have no idea when wheat was domesticated, and you certainly can't ascribe it to the Sumaritans.

Sumerians.  You realize that there's a difference between "Sumerians" and "Samaritans", right?    Wheat was domesticated in the Neolithic before the Sumerians built their civilization.   Abraham was born in Ur, which was originally Sumerian.  So obviously, domesticated wheat is older than the Jewish people.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

4 hours ago, one.opinion said:

What does this have to do with wheat? Are you arguing just for the sake of arguing? Please stick with one argument until you see your errors or conclude that you are going to ignore evidence. Then move on to another argument. One at a time, please.

What you don't understand is the subjects are linked.  When I said wheat was the same species as the first grain of wheat, someone posted a graph, supposedly  show the first species  of wheat and about 6 or 7 varieties they say originated from the first species,    Every example on the graph was labeled a variety of WHEAT, and said that showed the evolution of wheat.

You and the others are trying to make a variety evidence of evolution.  You and the others don't even understand the THEORY you are trying to defend.  Do you really not understand that evolution preaches CHANGE.  Wheat remaining wheat that is a different VARIETY, is not evolution.  The mutation that caused a different VARIETY, did not change the species.

So you see the errors are yours and you have not presented any evidence, but you don' know enough science go realize it.

Peace and  joy

Edited by omega2xx

11 minutes ago, omega2xx said:

What you don't understand is the subjects are linked.

I do understand that mutations and evolution are linked. What I am trying to figure out is if you can even explain what a mutation is in your own words. Since you claimed "Get real, the Jew were harvesting, threshing. winnowing wheat long before any mutations occurred.", I have to check to see if you understand what a mutation is. If you don't, then it is a serious impediment to understanding the scientific evidence related to evolution.

16 minutes ago, omega2xx said:

Every exammple on the grasph was labled a varfiety of

I don't know what you are trying to say at the end of your post.

3 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

We know rather precisely when it was first "domesticated."   Actually, that was probably a gradual process, with the observation that seeds bring forth new plants.   But cultivation followed broadcasting of seed much later...

Bread and durum wheat are both domesticated forms of wild emmer wheat. Spelt (T. spelta) and Timopheev's wheat (T. timopheevii) were also developed from emmer wheats by the late Neolithic period, but neither has much of a market today. Another early form of wheat called einkorn (T. monococcum) was domesticated at about the same time but has limited distribution today.

The origins of our modern wheat, according to genetics and archaeological studies, are found in the Karacadag mountain region of what is today southeastern Turkey—emmer and einkorn wheats are two of the classic eight founder crops of the origins of agriculture.

The earliest known use of emmer was gathered from wild patches by the people who lived at the Ohalo II archaeological site in Israel, about 23,000 years ago. The earliest cultivated emmer has been found in the southern Levant (Netiv Hagdud, Tell Aswad, other Pre-Pottery Neolithic A sites); while einkorn is found in the northern Levant (Abu Hureyra, Mureybet, Jerf el Ahmar, Göbekli Tepe).

https://www.thoughtco.com/wheat-domestication-the-history-170669

Even most creationists now admit that speciation is a fact.   Would you like me to show you?

See above.  Since modern wheat is polyploide, it can't interbreed with other forms of wheat that have a different chromosome number, such as Einkorn.

See above.  You've been badly misled about that, too.

Yak, yak yak.  As usual you just make dogmatic statements but offer no evidence.

Let me show you 2 obvious error.  Wheat was in the Garden of Eden(Gen 1:29) and that was long before anything grew on the mountains of Turkey and bread is not  domesticated from  wheat.  So all who believe what you just posed have  been duped by OPINIONS, not by proven  facts.

Peace and joy

3 hours ago, one.opinion said:

@omega2xx - don't worry about whether my question is "right" or not, I just want to make sure you actually understand it enough to discuss them in a knowledgeable manner. You might recall that I asked you to explain them in your own words. Will you do that to help the discussion?

Don't worry, I don't worry about anything you say, especially about evolution.  I wanted you to understand that posting  a definition is not evidence you understand it.  To show you understand it, you must show what genes can and can't do. 

"Go back to my last post.  I did explain what genes can do.  Why don't you tell me what genes can do and can't do.  That will show me if you understand the term.

Peace and  joy

3 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

Sumerians.  You realize that there's a difference between "Sumerians" and "Samaritans", right?    Wheat was domesticated in the Neolithic before the Sumerians built their civilization.   Abraham was born in Ur, which was originally Sumerian.  So obviously, domesticated wheat is older than the Jewish people.

And the Jewish people are older than either the Sumerians and the Samaritans.  Wheat was  in the Garden  of Eden making it much older than the Neolithic period.

23 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

I do understand that mutations and evolution are linked. What I am trying to figure out is if you can even explain what a mutation is in your own words. Since you claimed "Get real, the Jew were harvesting, threshing. winnowing wheat long before any mutations occurred.", I have to check to see if you understand what a mutation is. If you don't, then it is a serious impediment to understanding the scientific evidence related to evolution.

I don't know what you are trying to say at the end of your post.

The question is never about what a mutation is,  the real question is what do the do and what can't they do.  You tell me and I will tell you why you are wrong.

My statement about  the Jews harvesting wheat before any mutations occurred is probably not accurate.  A mutation could have happened anytime after the first harvest and second planting.

At the end of my post, grasp should have been graph. Sorry about that.

Peace and joy

10 minutes ago, omega2xx said:

I wanted you to understand that posting  a definition is not evidence you understand it.

Believe me, I understand this. I have many students that can supply definitions without understanding. But I find that if they can't even supply a definition in their own words, they likely don't understand a concept. I suspect this observation applies very well in this scenario, as well.

7 minutes ago, omega2xx said:

And the Jewish people are older than either the Sumerians

This is just plain wrong. Genesis shows this. Ur was a Sumerian city. Abram was a resident of Sumeria in his early life, who went on to become Abraham, the father of the Jewish people. Thus, the Jewish people are not older than the Sumerians.