• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

unworthyservant

God knew this question would arise from before the foundation of the world. In the Tanach you can see God as a likeness of a human, described as "one like the son of man". He has a form that is recognizable. Go check out all the early Israeli and Hebrew references to "the second Yahweh" seen often in the Tanach.

They (the godhead) decided to make us as IMAGERS of God's essence. To be and act like Him.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,229
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

9 hours ago, Walter and Deborah said:

I have showed you scriptures, but since you have in your mind that God is not a person, there is no other proof, then all I can say to you is, may God give you scriptural proof of His presence, Thanks for your time.

Deborah, here is another scripture: in both revelation and Ezekiel we have the 4 faces of God as reflected in the Cheribum. One of them is the face of a man.

The 4 faces of God is again reflected in the 4 gospels when the Word was made flesh and came and dwelt among us.

when God said let us create man in our own image, it means that God can become incarnate as a Man and dwell among man. Jesus is both fully Man and fully God Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

God is a personal God. He has created us in his image: The desire to love and be loved in return,  we all long for beauty, for greatness, for fascination, for intimacy . Those are all the emotions the longings that are in the heart of God.

• This is Worthy 2

On 8/30/2019 at 1:58 AM, Justin Adams said:

unworthyservant

God knew this question would arise from before the foundation of the world. In the Tanach you can see God as a likeness of a human, described as "one like the son of man". He has a form that is recognizable. Go check out all the early Israeli and Hebrew references to "the second Yahweh" seen often in the Tanach.

They (the godhead) decided to make us as IMAGERS of God's essence. To be and act like Him.

In the OT, it mentioned the Angel Yahweh  who appeared to Abraham and ate lunch with him. In the book of Zechariah : vision of horse patrol.

The man is the angel of the LORD 1:11 (Hebrew angelYaweh, one word). This is the pre-incarnate Christ who appears in the form of an angel. He is seen stationed in the midst of the lowly myrtle tree . He is deeply involved with his people. He is watching all that happens to them.

I am a spirit, I have a soul ( emotion desire longing) and I live in a body.

God is a spirit  but he has emotion desires longing . But his are more intense and stronger than ours. From scripture it appears that God can also take on the form of a man. 

in Ephesians  Paul focus on the heavenly realm being joined with the early realm. This will happen when the Fathers throne will come down to earth. The tabernacle of God will be with man. In the heavenly realm, you don't need a body but in the early realm you do.  I would expect that the Father who is a spirit will also relate to us in the form of a man just as the pre-incarnate Christ did. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

22 minutes ago, Worship Warriors said:

the Fathers throne will come down to earth

The Father's Light/Glory will be with us as we in our Glorified bodies (like Yeshua's) will exist. He loves His creation and He is seen in this body many times in the Tanach. He likes it. Our bodies are the pinnacle of His Creation. We will not be just spirits flitting from cloud to cloud, but we will be the newly introduced members of His Heavenly and Earthly council. As in Heaven, so also on Earth.

"Walked with God" is rare. Enoch, the Garden and a couple others. Deut. and Lev. A human/divine form. See also Daniel (human).

The ESV is a better translation to more readily understand the Theophany appearances. I use this as a companion to the King James and NASB.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 8/28/2019 at 9:41 PM, Worship Warriors said:

But what many fails to realize is the delivering power of thanksgiving when it is combined with praise. 

This goes hand in hand from my understanding. One ignites the other, with little to be separated once lit.

Let your light so shine...

1876861005_candlelight.gif.da9b1731aa552b009c58ff69ad22627c.gif 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,255
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,380
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

Amen, :)

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Has Jesus been seen in the flesh since He went back to heaven?

I guess Saul saw him, and perhaps Stephen. I also have heard of Him appearing to certain people on earth. So I suppose the answer is Yes. There are some eerie accounts as well. I do not think God has ever been restricted to anything and can do as He pleases.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

I guess Saul saw him, and perhaps Stephen. I also have heard of Him appearing to certain people on earth. So I suppose the answer is Yes. There are some eerie accounts as well. I do not think God has ever been restricted to anything and can do as He pleases.

yes, In revelation one He appeared to John in his resurrected body. He is in his priestly garments : a king and a priest .His eyes are like flames of fire, his voice like the sound of many waters. He said to John, I am the one who was dead and is alive forevermore and I have the keys of hell and death.

2 hours ago, Worship Warriors said:

yes, In revelation one He appeared to John in his resurrected body. He is in his priestly garments : a king and a priest .His eyes are like flames of fire, his voice like the sound of many waters. He said to John, I am the one who was dead and is alive forevermore and I have the keys of hell and death.

Yes that is Amazing. 

and behold, with the clouds of heaven
    there came one like a son of man,
and he came to the Ancient of Days
    and was presented before him.
14 And to him was given dominion
    and glory and a kingdom,
that all peoples, nations, and languages
    should serve him;
his dominion is an everlasting dominion,
    which shall not pass away,
and his kingdom one
    that shall not be destroyed.

Daniel 7:13 Expanded Bible (EXB)

13 “In my vision at night I saw in front of me someone ·who looked like a human being [L like a son of man] coming on the clouds in the ·sky [heavens; C God’s heavenly chariot; Ps. 18:10–19; 68:4; 104:3; Is. 19:1; Luke 21:27; Rev. 1:7]. He came near ·God, who has been alive forever [L the Ancient of Days], and he was ·led to God [presented to him].