• Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

From Words of Christ Devotions

Spiritual Harvest
Joh_4:27-38

There is a limit to worldly reformers:  their lifetime.

It is not so in the kingdom of God.  The Messiah had been prophesied for over a thousand years.  The prophets of the Old Testament period had laid the foundation of knowledge about God which enables us today to see the connection between the Old Testament and the New Testament.  All those whose activities are recorded in the Old Testament went without seeing the culmination of their labors—the coming of the Messiah, and his kingdom.

Christ selects a dozen men, and then provides them the opportunity to reap what the prophets have sown.  They will build on the work of all who have gone before them, but did not see the fruit of their labors.  It is a grand feeling to be the one who sees the harvest coming in.

But turn the situation around.  How many of us have looked at our church, our town, our situation and declared it hopeless because we can see no way to remedy the situation?  With God all things are possible, even those which will take beyond our own lifetimes.  The curse of abortion runs through my land, and someday God will lift that curse.  It may not be in my lifetime, but in my lifetime I must do what I can to further God's cause.

Why, then, do so many become discouraged?  See if you see yourself in any of these pictures:

There are those who see only what can be done in their own strength.  They do not really trust God.  "Oh Lord, where will we get the money, the people, ."

There are those who see only their own timing.  If God's army is on the march they will follow along, but if the war is in the trenches they want no part of it.  They lack perseverance.

There are those who look only at the strength of the enemy, and say, "What can we do against so many?"  They forget that those who are for us are more than those against us.

There are those who see only their own problems, and think no more of the church than a place to complain.  The church is not a mob, but a body.

But some see with the eyes of faith—beyond time, beyond their own strength or troubles.  Of these God fashions those who serve.  Are you willing to be one of these?

• Loved it! 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

On 9/3/2019 at 2:22 AM, Debp said:

There are those who see only what can be done in their own strength.  They do not really trust God.  "Oh Lord, where will we get the money, the people, ."

There are those who see only their own timing.  If God's army is on the march they will follow along, but if the war is in the trenches they want no part of it.  They lack perseverance.

There are those who look only at the strength of the enemy, and say, "What can we do against so many?"  They forget that those who are for us are more than those against us.

There are those who see only their own problems, and think no more of the church than a place to complain.  The church is not a mob, but a body.

But some see with the eyes of faith—beyond time, beyond their own strength or troubles.  Of these God fashions those who serve.  Are you willing to be one of these?

The above is the latter half of the article.   I think the author had very good insight, that we must look at all things with the eyes of faith.   Or else we can get discouraged.

Victorian025.jpg.b13f62249914534b0f9cd81e8d521ca6.jpg

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Debp said:

The above is the latter half of the article.   I think the author had very good insight, that we must look at all things with the eyes of faith.   Or else we can get discouraged.

Victorian025.jpg.b13f62249914534b0f9cd81e8d521ca6.jpg

:thumbs_up:
I know whom I believeth, and am persuaded, that
He is able...............

"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace;
that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!"

God is still on the throne!

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

Amen! Beautiful article!
So many of the good fruits that we see in the world are because of the obedience of people who laid down their life in very dark times.

With the carnal mind, there was nothing to rejoice for them, nor the world seemed to be holding any hope.

But they have trusted that the Holy Spirit was doing His work through obedient people. Let us be among them.

Send workers in the field Lord! Maranatha.

"He told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field. 32 Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in its branches.”

Edited by listener24
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,221
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

Yes, in the kingdom of God there is a continuity. Your ministry is not just for your lifetime.The heroes of faith all died in faith without receiving the promise but they left a legacy behind them. That they being dead are still speaking to us by their example of faith.( Hebrews 11:4)

Edited by Worship Warriors
  • Loved it! 1