IGNORED

Does Everyone Here Take The Adam And Eve Story Literally?

ReneeIW

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

It is called theology... not man-ology.

No idea what your point is or what you are talking about. I wish you well.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

1 minute ago, joebloggs said:

No idea what your point is or what you are talking about. I wish you well.

It is so nice when people point to God and His ideas. THAT is what this forum is about...

PEACE

3 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

It is so nice when people point to God and His ideas. THAT is what this forum is about...

PEACE

Yeah I totally agree. So what are your thoughts on the creation story. Do you think it is literal or figurative?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

15 minutes ago, joebloggs said:

Yeah I totally agree. So what are your thoughts on the creation story. Do you think it is literal or figurative?

The scriptures that we have give us an idea about God and His Goals. Scripture is theological and not science, though science often will agree. God's ideas and His Divine Council are the beginnings of being able to understand Him. Heavenly ones that sinned and attempt to bring God's designs to nought just show the futility of opposing Yahweh and how He overcomes their disobedience. It is a story of God vs the fallen hosts and man vs the errant humans. Science tends to want to superimpose man's ideas on a God that is so far above human thought that it is better and more fruitful for us to align with the Lord and learn of His Ways.

Scripture begins in Eden and ends in Eden. It is the way God intends His Creation to progress.

Edited by Justin Adams

42 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

The scriptures that we have give us an idea about God and His Goals. Scripture is theological and not science, though science often will agree. God's ideas and His Divine Council are the beginnings of being able to understand Him. Heavenly ones that sinned and attempt to bring God's designs to nought just show the futility of opposing Yahweh and how He overcomes their disobedience. It is a story of God vs the fallen hosts and man vs the errant humans. Science tends to want to superimpose man's ideas on a God that is so far above human thought that it is better and more fruitful for us to align with the Lord and learn of His Ways.

Scripture begins in Eden and ends in Eden. It is the way God intends His Creation to progress.

Yeah true that. So do you think its literal or figurative?

28 minutes ago, Betha said:

Friend....what other types of people ??? if the first never existed how can there be any ???

you also seem to confuse the 'human spirit with the SPIRIT OF GOD. (hope we can discuss in peace, don't wish to argue)

Different species of human. Your dna has multiple distinct species of humans mixed in. Like a cross bred dog. Neanderthal dna, denisovan dna aswell as a couple of others depending on where your family line goes back to geographically.

And no I'm not confused about the human spirit and the Spirit of God. Every human on earth has a human spirit . When you become a baptised disciple you get Gods holy Spirit added onto your own.

Noones arguing. It's a discussion.

Just now, Betha said:

Oh great, we seem to be doing ok so far....except where the first people came from. How can there be ANY to  reproduce with IF IF IF there was not a FIRST MAN. ?  you mention other types in our DNA and comes from 'interbreeding....but WHO was the FIRST HUMAN ?  GOD SAYS it is ADAM....why do you not believe ?

You believe God sais it was a man named Adam. I believe he gave us a story with a character named Adam. 

I dont think the first human probably had a name. 

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

I do, @joebloggs. Is there any valid reason to doubt the word of God? Or do you have nothing more than just theoretical psychobabble to post on the topic? Please state biblical evidence if you do believe.

Thanks! 1830729505_blinkysmiley.gif.94753bfc21627983e2643cbd78accdf1.gif

35 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

I do, @joebloggs. Is there any valid reason to doubt the word of God? Or do you have nothing more than just theoretical psychobabble to post on the topic? Please state biblical evidence if you do believe.

Thanks! 1830729505_blinkysmiley.gif.94753bfc21627983e2643cbd78accdf1.gif

You're welcome. I think with your attitude I'll keep my pearls to myself thanks. Way to go on lowering the tone in a perfectly civil conversation.

47 minutes ago, Betha said:

If it is just a story please explain where all the people come/came from. No matter who they were...they did NOT make themselves. I can not follow your reasoning. LIVING people are the evidence of real existence and not some fictional story.

The question asked was does everyone here take the story of Adam and eve literally. My answer is no. Yours is yes.

You want me to tell you the exact mechanics of how people came into existence. I do not know. 

I believe God made us. The exact mechanics of it I do not know. 

My best guess was that at some point God put his likeness (our human spirit) into some sort of animal much like we are today.