douge

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

1:2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

1:4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

The gospel of God is the progressive revelation of God reconciling mankind to himself through the Lord Jesus Christ. The prophets promised this salvation throughout scripture beginning at the promised seed in Genesis 3:15.

Jesus revealed unto Paul mysteries that were not made known by the prophets in the holy scriptures and were hid in God (Ephesians 3:9). Made known through Paul was the full salvation by the cross to freely justify all men (Romans 5:18).

Paul preached Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery and also by the scriptures of the prophets (Romans 16:25-26).

Paul by the gospel of God declared Jesus as the Son of God by his resurrection and so make him known.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

The study of the Apostle to the Gentiles is fascinating to say the least, his conversion on the road to Damascus and his whole life. No other apostle to my knowledge suffered as much as Paul did, yet he was content and didn't let his circumstances dictate his service or inner joy and peace in the Lord Jesus Christ. 

Other things I find interesting; unlike the other 12 Apostles, Paul did not witness the Gospel, miracles, death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. There's several years not accounted for in Paul's life after his conversion on the Road to Damascus. Paul was a Pharisee of Pharisee's and a top scholar of the law, trained by Gamaliel himself, but knew nothing of the Gospel. I suspect and the Bible hints that Paul was personally taught by the Lord Jesus Himself, and given the blessings and privilege to reveal some hidden mysteries; such as the Rapture / Resurrection. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

The study of the Apostle to the Gentiles is fascinating to say the least, his conversion on the road to Damascus and his whole life. No other apostle to my knowledge suffered as much as Paul did, yet he was content and didn't let his circumstances dictate his service or inner joy and peace in the Lord Jesus Christ. 

Other things I find interesting; unlike the other 12 Apostles, Paul did not witness the Gospel, miracles, death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. There's several years not accounted for in Paul's life after his conversion on the Road to Damascus. Paul was a Pharisee of Pharisee's and a top scholar of the law, trained by Gamaliel himself, but knew nothing of the Gospel. I suspect and the Bible hints that Paul was personally taught by the Lord Jesus Himself, and given the blessings and privilege to reveal some hidden mysteries; such as the Rapture / Resurrection. 

Yes Paul  received revelations from Jesus

Galatians  1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

I have heard some speculate that Paul met personally with Jesus in the Sinai Desert at the same spot that God gave the Law to Moses.Interesting.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I have heard some speculate that Paul met personally with Jesus in the Sinai Desert at the same spot that God gave the Law to Moses.Interesting.

Me too.