Communion rules

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Anybody who believes the Gospel Of 1cor15:1-4  ( Jesus died for my sins and rose from the dead) is a Christian and should partake.....If you do not believe the Gospel , remain seated until you do ......I think that should be the precondition for taking Communion.....

There have been times when I have let the cup pass by me, as I reflected and thought there is something I need tend to  something to try to make right first , before partaking and then partakelater

This is the way to do it “ unworthily”—— looking at yourself and your performance as opposed to “ remembering Him” and His Performance and what it  accomplished for you....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

There have been times when I have let the cup pass by me, as I reflected and thought there is something I need tend to  something to try to make right first , before partaking and then partakelater

This is the way to do it “ unworthily”—— looking at yourself and your performance as opposed to “ remembering Him” and His Performance and what it  accomplished for you....

If you say so it is so to you. Yet for me it was and still is akin to my understanding of Matthew 5:23. In that vein I could not partake of my Lord's sacrifice memorial until I had first honored Him properly. To not do so would for me have been to partake of the memorial too lightly.

It is actually a formal preamble to the partaking of the memorial at one of the local body of Christ where I have been led to participate for over twenty years time. I really don't think everyone there is thinking of themself first instead of partaking in the memorial of our Lord. Instead  I believe they each  do wish to clear away all that may separate one from another as each remembers their Lord and savior Jesus.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,174
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

It is a Spiritual, intimate act between a believer and God. It reflects the greatest gift God has given to mankind 'His Son' the seriousness of this is reflected here
Luke 14:26-33
26 "If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.  27 And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.  28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has enough to finish it —   29 lest, after he has laid the foundation, and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him,  30 saying, 'This man began to build and was not able to finish.'  31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, does not sit down first and consider whether he is able with ten thousand to meet him who comes against him with twenty thousand?  32 Or else, while the other is still a great way off, he sends a delegation and asks conditions of peace.  33 So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple. 
NKJV

This is the commitment of the supper of His blood and His body....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Oh btw I "double dip" as they call it at the local body that has the same service on Thursday evenings that it has on Sundays, as there are too many of us to fit into when I can  attend a local body the store front  facility all in one day.

They use the word communion and  pass the elements to all, but do simply say that this is for Christians as  the remembrance of Christ it is a symbol. My other home church is rather formal with a lengthy explanation each time uses the word Lord's Supper and the many elders pass among the attendees handing out th elements. very different one from the other. Each honors Christ Jesus in their remembrance of Him

3 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

It is a Spiritual, intimate act between a believer and God. It reflects the greatest gift God has given to mankind 'His Son' the seriousness of this is reflected here
Luke 14:26-33
26 "If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.  27 And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.  28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has enough to finish it —   29 lest, after he has laid the foundation, and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him,  30 saying, 'This man began to build and was not able to finish.'  31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, does not sit down first and consider whether he is able with ten thousand to meet him who comes against him with twenty thousand?  32 Or else, while the other is still a great way off, he sends a delegation and asks conditions of peace.  33 So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple. 
NKJV

This is the commitment of the supper of His blood and His body....

That type of reasoning would make the Communion Service all about ME, instead of being all about HIM....If only those have “ forsaken ALL” are fit to take this simple Remembrance of our Lord and Savior ,many Communion Services will have to be shelved....

1 minute ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

That type of reasoning would make the Communion Service all about ME, instead of being all about HIM....If only those have “ forsaken ALL” are fit to take this simple Remembrance of our Lord and Savior ,many Communion Services will have to be shelved....

Reading and knowing God's Word helps!

1 Cor 11:28-29

28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
KJV

Understanding what one reads  is Of great value also.....Here is what the casual reader does not see— The Word “ unworthily” is an ADVERB.....Adverbs describes the MANNER of partaking- NOT the partaker!

The Carnal Christians were eating like pigs, some even getting DRUNK on the sacred Communion Wine...not exactly the  intended purpose of this gathering together of Believers....

Instead Of a gathering of those who were supposed  to be there to REMEMBER WHAT JESUS DID  ( “ do this in rememberence of ME” ) they were there remembering themselves,seeing how “ worthy” THEY were....the same mistake being made today.

Nobody is “ Worthy”.  We are “ MADE Worthy” by putting our Faith in what HE did! Faith in that Shed Blood ! That is why we have Communion— to Remember what HE and ONLY HE could do.There is no need to delude ourselves into thinking we merit anything because of a misunderstanding of a single word.Satan has turned this beautiful occasion to Worship Jesus into a farce in way too many cases.One misunderstood word. God was not joking when he said Satan was “ the most subtle” of all creation .

26 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Reading and knowing God's Word helps!

1 Cor 11:28-29

28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
KJV

let's not force our will upon the text … it simply says what it says and he who eateth and drinketh unworthily by not examining himself properly... Christians are under a sanctification responsibility to God and we find that outlay in Hebrews... The Lord's supper is the vast focus of how Jesus came into the world and died to Himself to Live according to The Fathers will as seen in Garden and John 17 prayer and to remember this death until He comes... thus the outlay as I first posted that reflects what sort of death Jesus expects of us so that we do not partake of His Body and Blood (in remembrance) unworthily... 

Nobody is forcing anything on anybody.....words actually have specific meanings.....I explained the meaning of an adverb vs an adjective .....ignore that truth if you want .....its like saying “ 2+2=6”.......you can’t alter plain facts to justify an Understanding is that is just plain wrong on many levels...one can skate around “ unworthily vs unworthy” but how does one get around “ Do this in remembrance of  “ M E” ? NOT YOU!

Do you trick yourself into believing you are “ worthy” every Communion Seevice because of bad teaching ? I don’t know a lot, but I know this......I ain’t worthy, I never WAS worthy , and I ain’t gonna BE worthy ......how about you?

Edited by Blood Bought 1953