breathoflife

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

When the Lord who has unlimited power does a healing in two stages you might wonder what the Lord was teaching. The Lord took the blind man and gave him sight but the man only saw men walking around as trees. Then the Lord opened his sight to seeing normal. Why the two step? 

I think it had something to do with the O.T. Being replaced by what would become the N.T. The trees of the field clap their hands means the men of the world clap their hands.  What had been seen through a glass darkly was about to be revealed as never before. What do you think?

Edited by breathoflife

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,033
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

6 minutes ago, breathoflife said:

When the Lord who has unlimited power does a healing in two stages you might wonder what the Lord was teaching. The Lord took the blind man and gave him sight but the man only saw men walking around as trees. Then the Lord opened his sight to seeing normal. Why the two step? 

I think it had something to do with the O.T. Being replaced by what would become the N.T. The trees of the field clap their hands means the men of the world clap their hands.  What had been seen through a glass darkly was about to be revealed as never before. What do you think?

Transitions do take time sometimes but let's not be dogmatic about doctrines based on analogies. Rather we should find food for thought in parallels, types, and shadows.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Hi, good point but I need clarification please. What would  keep this from being a type or shadow? Is this not like the teaching of the imperfect being replaced by the perfect? Thanks

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  319
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

The blind man could see partially to see that men are as trees walking, in the same darkness he was still in..

Mark 8:23 And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought.
24 And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.
25 After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly.

Psalm 82:5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

The man was a planting of the Lord, that they might be called trees of righteousness

And all the trees of the field shall know that I the Lord have brought down the high tree, have exalted the low tree

To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God

Ezekiel 17:24 And all the trees of the field shall know that I the Lord have brought down the high tree, have exalted the low tree, have dried up the green tree, and have made the dry tree to flourish: I the Lord have spoken and have done it.

Isaiah 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.

Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,033
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

35 minutes ago, breathoflife said:

Hi, good point but I need clarification please. What would  keep this from being a type or shadow? Is this not like the teaching of the imperfect being replaced by the perfect? Thanks

It's an often debated topic, whether something is a type or shadow intended in Scripture by inspiration of the Holy Spirit, or an illustration, correlation, or parallel/analogy gleaned from personal study and interpretation.

I tend to err on the side of caution, not going beyond what is written to wrest the Scriptures in trying to prove types, but allowing for the innumerable illustrations and parallels/analogies to be found.

It's good to know about types so good work if you have found one. 

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

4 hours ago, breathoflife said:

Through our sin we mess up our lives. For the Lord to straighten out our lives, he must perform a number of steps. Perhaps the story you are relating is symbolic of that.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

It's an illustration of how Father's born again children grow spiritually, ...for most of us with few exceptions, spiritual growth comes very slowly, ...most of us when we were first born again follow the teaching of some man's interpretations and teachings of the Word, ...but as we mature, as we allow the Holy Spirit to teach us and lead us, that changes and we follow Jesus and His interpretation and teaching of His Word.

Lord bless  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

11 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

It's an illustration of how Father's born again children grow spiritually, ...for most of us with few exceptions, spiritual growth comes very slowly, ...most of us when we were first born again follow the teaching of some man's interpretations and teachings of the Word, ...but as we mature, as we allow the Holy Spirit to teach us and lead us, that changes and we follow Jesus and His interpretation and teaching of His Word.

Lord bless  

This explaination seems spot on to me, as, over time, this has been an example of my life since coming to know Christ many, many years ago.

I appreciate your discernment and sharing it here.

In all Christ's love - Dave

Edited by Seasoned by Grace
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  319
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

Apostle Paul changed immediately and completely, it is the example to follow after, a real one, not a privately interpreted one.

Acts 9:20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

21 minutes ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

This explaination seems spot on to me, as, over time, this has been an example of my life since coming to know Christ many, many years ago.

I appreciate your discernment and sharing it here.

In all Christ's love - Dave

And dear brother Dave, so does your handle, ...Seasoned by Grace...

Lord bless