IGNORED

what is your opinion on modern day feminism? what about men's right movement?

Equippers

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  0

50 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

It is not a myth renee, as the article below shows....

Nbc had a report 2 yrs ago ...

Hi Ayin jade, 

Thanks for taking the time to post this article. If you would like me to explain why I don’t believe the article contradicts what I said, let me know. I don’t want to waste my time or yours by explaining it if you are not interested.

It is very important to me that women understand this because we need each other’s support.And this is not about me bashing men. It is men in positions of power who are firing other men who have been accused and I am grateful to them.

I have a husband, two sons, a father and two brothers that I love dearly and think the world of and I would never want them fired just because a woman made an accusation against them. 

I love godly men and have had to actually run to them for protection from some women. So I am not a man hater, I just have too much inside information and present experience and knowledge of how this stuff works, the #metoo movement that is.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I agree that we should support one another, as Christians. But we should not support baseless (in some instances these accusations are just lashing out and not based on facts) or unproven accusations either. As Christians we are not supposed to bear false witness and it is not right to support unproven allegations that have destroyed people, men and women. 

• Loved it! 1

13 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

But we should not support baseless (in some instances these accusations are just lashing out and not based on facts)

I have not heard of a powerful man being fired over a baseless accusation. Perhaps I missed that.

If that is the case, then women are the most powerful people in this country. We can decide who are bosses and coworkers are etc. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50

16 hours ago, ayin jade said:

I agree that we should support one another, as Christians. But we should not support baseless (in some instances these accusations are just lashing out and not based on facts) or unproven accusations either. As Christians we are not supposed to bear false witness and it is not right to support unproven allegations that have destroyed people, men and women. 

it all comes down to who are we putting first in our lives? it is the Lord? in that case we should be on the side of the truth, nothing else.

alternatively, we could have this tribe mentality where we look out for those who we share similarity with, even at the expense of what is true and what is righteous.

this is the whole sisterhood of feminism is about a lot of the time.

Edited by Equippers
  • Well Said! 1

On 10/21/2019 at 6:57 AM, ReneeIW said:

Based on my extensive experience with this “movement” that is simply not true. First, I actually question whether there is a movement outside of Hollywood and other industries where an accusation would end up in the newspapers. I know women who have come forward and have been brushed aside. 

Second, all of the public firings we have read about  occurred because the victim went public with accusations that had already been known, investigated and kept secret.

It’s a myth that all a woman has to do is come forward with an accusation and a man gets fired. That sets the company up for a major lawsuit as well as the accuser.  A woman can’t just make up an accusation against a man and get him fired without facing a major lawsuit. It’s called defamation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/28/opinion/metoo-sexual-harassment-believe-women.html?_r=0

below is a excerpt from the article which further outline the disturbing nature of the movement

"Emily Lindin, a columnist at Teen Vogue, summed up this view concisely last week on Twitter. “I’m actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations,” she wrote. “If some innocent men’s reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay.”

Ms. Lindin was widely criticized, but say this much for her: At least she had the guts to publicly articulate a view that so many women are sharing with one another in private. Countless innocent women have been robbed of justice, friends of mine insist, so why are we agonizing about the possibility of a few good men going down?"

41 minutes ago, Equippers said:

alternatively, we could have this tribe mentality where we look out for those who share similarity with, even at the expense of what is true and what is righteous.

this is the whole sisterhood of feminism is about a lot of the time.

I’m not sure what you are referring to. I can tell you there would be no #metoo movement if it were not for  powerful men firing other men. And if it were not for prosecutors prosecuting Cosby, Weinstein etc.  This is not male vs. female. That is a media invention

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

21 hours ago, Jayne said:

I don't disagree with anything you have said.

I'd just like to add that I feel that everyone here understands that some human beings - both men and women - cannot help but construe inferior in order as inferior in worth.  God punished Eve by telling her that Adam would rule over her once they left the Garden and she would fight that.

It's just human nature.  If you have a general and a captain, the general outranks the captain and is treated with more worth by the people on base.  They just can't help it.

It's the mindset as I said earlier in this thread.

God made the husband the head of the wife.  I have no problem with that.  I just can't bear it when we flawed human beings take that to mean the man is superior in all worth - and the woman is secondary in all worth.

The mindset and the heartset is the problem.

Religiosity has often demeaned the role of women to be nothing more than indentured slaves to our husband (sex slave and housemaid)......but if that were true we wouldn't be very "meet" for him would we?  Unfortunately it is the flesh that likes to see things according to what is most convenient for it.  This is not a perfect world...and the important thing for the believer is that no matter what the circumstances are, we want to respond as Christ would have us respond, not to add sin to sin by reacting out of our flesh also.

5 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

I’m not sure what you are referring to. I can tell you there would be no #metoo movement if it were not for  powerful men firing other men. And if it were not for prosecutors prosecuting Cosby, Weinstein etc.  This is not male vs. female. That is a media invention

well i posted a video where Cassie Jayne articulated about this type of mentality

have you seen it?

it was taken off by Steve S.

2 hours ago, Equippers said:

so why are we agonizing about the possibility of a few good men going down?"

My point is that this is not happening. What good man has gone down?