• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

My own agenda if I have one is to learn, by picking  up a nugget or two each day as the conversations go along between brothers and sisters, all saints in the army  of Christ Jesus our lord and savior.

Many a conversation fits in with  sermons I may be hearing during the week and eventually a gestalt occurs as the Holy Spirit makes real world  stuff of today and the scriptures meld together. When that happens I get such a lift. I am addicted to the joy of it. God's word is alive.

God's word is topical, excellent in all matters big and small.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

We have a saying, ...we are where the rest of the Church(s), which is/are teaching the Word correctly,  ...we are "attending," ...are.

I'm going through the Word daily with an online pastor in the States, we're in I Timothy that he taught back in '16, ...I also listen to our online pastor in Paris, France teaching through 1 Corinthians from the previous Sunday, ...the Holy Spirit connects the dots even though they are 3 years apart, ...it's amazing how each pastor will make reference to the "same" verse, some times not even from the Book they are currently teaching in, ...and, even though they are teaching from two different Books, ...yes brother, it causes me to weep just thinking about how much my God loves me and feeds me from His Word, ...even though I'm one of the chief of sinners, ...this "thing" we have is real!!! 

Lord bless

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

57 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

I guess it is an example of quips favored by some over scripture.

51 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Ahah, maybe that is enlightening to me. Perhaps I do not know  what a scripture bomber is.

I never heard of ' Scripture bombing' either. (We're too old, outta the loop:)
But as soon as OneLight began explaining, I smiled to myself and gave a mental thanks. (why he's called OneLight)
I often am at discussion with one person, and am refuting their stand on a given statement.
When they start to "bombard" me with two dozen scriptures, that causes me to think,
"What does (most all of) that have to do with the price of tea in China"
Or more importantly, to our discussion.
To boil it down,  I usually then is ask for a  'yes or no' answer to a simple answerable question.
It's 'almost' never answered.  (which IS the answer I expected)

8 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

no-one in this thread is suggesting such a thing, as you well know.

No I did not know. I guess I have missed altogether the threads being bombed, or  the posting of them simply reads on my screen as one line in light gray type.  Paraphrasing -You have selected to ignore all post all mentions all message for this poster. Often I don't even notice the light gray type mentioning that  a posting has been made/ Though now that I think of it sometimes I do see as many as six to eight lines of that message in a row all about one single poster. Not always the same one on every thread I guess. I just don't pay it much attention.

Dn't know that I recommend it for anyone else but I guess it is working out for me. And I can always elect to peek in on a post if I desire. Usually I don't so desire.

As to my own posts I find they can get lengthy, but often I don't have time to shorten them to their best brevity, and they ramble with "opinion"  not especially well constructed. I don't have a problem reading another's long post of opinion, but i  do enjoy seeing some fuller scripture backing of many of them.

13 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

It is not possible to put you on ignore. You are one of the privileged few who cannot be put on ignore.

Really? Oh for shame for shame. Ha, gee I will have to spend more time being more concise then. Thanks for letting me know.

Are you sure? ??? I am a bit ignorant I guess, didn't know there was such a thing other than perhaps for mods.

ps - well I guess it isn't too great an effort to scroll past anyone if they so desire.

Now watch, I'll find out that isn't true either.

Odd; I do get blocked from some threads, but figure that is the prerogative of  the thread starter or the system of alerts or a mod. I simply accept and live with it quite nicely.

Think I will change all my blocks maybe I have been doing myself a disservice. Yep going to do it, and see what I am missing out on! 

Thanks again.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

ROMANS 1:28 and even as they did not like to retain ---GOD IN THEIR KNOWLEDGE---GOD gave them over to reprobate mind to do those things which are not convenient --1:29-- being filled with all unrighteousness fornication wickedness covetousness maliciousness full of envy murder ---DEBATE---deceit malignity whisperers --1:30-- backbiters ---HATERS OF GOD--- despiteful proud boasters ---INVENTORS OF EVIL THINGS---disobedient to parents --1:31--WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING--- covenantbreakers without natural affection implacable unmerciful --1:31--who knowing the judgement of GOD that they which commit such things are worthy of death not only do the same but have pleasure in them that do them 

*******PROVERBS 22:20 have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge --22:21--that I might make thee know ---the certainty of the words of truth---that thou mightiest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee*******

*******JOHN 8:31  then said JESUS to those jews which believed on HIM ---IF YOU CONTINUE---in MY word then are you my disciples indeed*******

JOHN 7:18 he that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory but he that seeketh HIS glory that sent HIM the same is true and no unrighteousness is in him

PROVERBS 8:8 all the words of my mouth are in righteousness there is nothing forward or perverse in them

LUKE 6:46 and why call you ME LORD LORD and do not the things which I say

LOVING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST  

14 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I have not noticed you scripture bombing.

I may not always agree with what you post, but they are well written and informative.

Hi and thanks. I do perhaps learn even more from people that disagree with me than I do from those that I agree with already. And many a person has properly corrected me to my great benefit.  Yes even here, if not especially here on Worthy. Iron sharpens iron means I get sharpened up,  at some cost to another for they must put in the effort for my benefit. 

As I have come to discover  in this thread I evidently am unaware of what scripture bombing is even. Perhaps once I remove all blocks I have placed I will soon find out, eh?

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

I would not say categorically that long posts are either wrong or irrelevant, but certainly many are. It really depends upon one's motive. But purely copying/pasting the Word of God without explaining in one's own words what he thinks it is saying is like Einstein knowing everything there is to know regarding the universe but not being able to tell anyone. It simply wouldn't matter, except to him.

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." ……..Albert Einstein

It is why Jesus used parables---stories that people remembered in order to get a glimpse of God. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 2

Hate to hog a thread here, but will state I have now managed to change all my settings. I have no ignores at all now

Actually, I find I had many on ignore not so much that I do not like what they say, but in order to get  past many frequent posters;  people I have enjoyed reading of and about, in order to more easily find new posters and more quickly get to seeing their thoughts. 

So much  for my problem of being "socially unaware". Sorry about that. So is it "TO THE SHELTERS" for me now?

Take care all. Praise God for this grand ministry that comes our way from Worthy Christian Forums. Where else can I "chat"  and find I am talking with someone from Sweden, Tahiti, and Colorado all at the same time. Do none of us sleep? I know my Los Angeles friends here seem not to sleep.