IGNORED

2 TIMOTHY 3:10 WHERE DOES THE CHURCH FIND DOCTRINE

douge

On 1/18/2020 at 9:11 AM, Justin Adams said:

Understanding the Divine Council and the way God works is most important.

"Said christians" don't have a clue as to what you're talking about. They have been taught that they can sin, sin, sin, becoming the worst version of themselves ever, and still go to heaven. Jesus does all the work, I as a "said christian" don't have to do anything. Most read Romans 7, identify with the battle and say to themselves, "Yep. That's me! I just can't seem to get myself together, and since this is how Paul is, and since we all know that Paul is saved, I therefore must also be saved because I, too, suffer exactly as Paul suffers. Ouch . . .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

11 hours ago, Thess said:

Because we learn more about the Character of Christ as we read the works of Paul. 18 times Paul asks us to model him; that's incredible. In by modeling Paul, we receive advice, from him, that we do not receive from Christ Himself. We learn more about who and what we are to be from Paul. And in by accepting the teachings of Paul, you are accepting the teachings of Christ. That is why we are ALL to follow Paul and His teachings, not because they are his, but because they were handed to Him by Christ Himself. Paul was taught by God, hence we ought listen to all that he says.

Yet, the Holy Spirit is here to teach us all truth (John 16:13) and will testify of Jesus (John 15:26).  I sure hope you are not placing Paul above God.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Yet, the Holy Spirit is here to teach us all truth (John 16:13) and will testify of Jesus (John 15:26).  I sure hope you are not placing Paul above God.

No, just sharing the obvious. :)

The Spirit taught me many things apart from the Bible after I was Powerfully Indwelt by the Spirit. After God revealed so many things to me, I later discovered them in the Bible. No, I am nothing great; in fact, these things that I describe tell of the Power of God.

10 hours ago, Thess said:

No, just sharing the obvious. :)

The Spirit taught me many things apart from the Bible after I was Powerfully Indwelt by the Spirit. After God revealed so many things to me, I later discovered them in the Bible. No, I am nothing great; in fact, these things that I describe tell of the Power of God.

Yet, the very same Spirit that taught Paul is in us.  Paul, a great brother in Christ, is an excellent example of what Jesus will do in a life, but he was just a human like you and I. 

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Yet, the very same Spirit that taught Paul is in us.  Paul, a great brother in Christ, is an excellent example of what Jesus will do in a life, but he was just a human like you and I. 

I'm sorry that you feel that I am wrong.

2 hours ago, Thess said:

I'm sorry that you feel that I am wrong.

I'm not judging you.  I am just telling you the truth.

1 minute ago, OneLight said:

I'm not judging you.  I am just telling you the truth.

And you're telling me that I'm wrong. I'm ok with that.

Just now, Thess said:

And you're telling me that I'm wrong. I'm ok with that.

You must be judging yourself then if you feel judged.

All I am saying is that the same Holy Spirit that led Paul now leads you and I.  Is this wrong?

• This is Worthy 1

Just now, OneLight said:

You must be judging yourself then if you feel judged.

All I am saying is that the same Holy Spirit that led Paul now leads you and I.  Is this wrong?

Me judging myself? I don't understand that.

The Spirit that Indwelt Paul has Indwelt me. I do not know what Spirit has indwelt you, which is why Paul teaches that we are to test the spirits in others, because many false prophets have gone out. Time will tell, in how you interact with me, and others, if you have been Indwelt. I follow the teachings of Paul and I test the spirits in others, hoping to find the Spirit. Not many out "there."

1 hour ago, Thess said:

Me judging myself? I don't understand that.

Since I am only pointing out that the very same Holy Spirit that indwelt Paul indwells all who believe in Christ and follow Him.  By doing so, I am also pointing to Christ Himself, shown to us by the Holy Spirit, is who we should be like.  Since Paul sought to be Christlike, then why be like Paul and not like Christ as Paul is not Christ.  If you feel judged, as if I am saying you are wrong, then you derive at this by your own conclusion, not anything I have said.

1 hour ago, Thess said:

The Spirit that Indwelt Paul has Indwelt me. I do not know what Spirit has indwelt you, which is why Paul teaches that we are to test the spirits in others, because many false prophets have gone out. Time will tell, in how you interact with me, and others, if you have been Indwelt. I follow the teachings of Paul and I test the spirits in others, hoping to find the Spirit. Not many out "there."

What do you mean by not knowing what Spirit indwells me?  If you have the Holy Spirit, then the Spirit witnesses to the Spirit.  As for "time will tell", I have been here for well over 10 years, and have thousands of posts.  If you are concerned how I interact with others, check my history. 

Since you follow Paul, what was his message to us in 1 Corinthians 1:10-17?  Why does Paul refer to believers being babes in Christ who claim they are of Paul or of Apollos? 

• Well Said! 1