• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

21 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

No, because most of the year people may not give Satan a thought. Dwelling on Satan gives him more space in people's heads.

If you say so then I guess it must be so.

Personally I do not dwell upon  much of anything. I do celebrate as I sojourn in absolute awe my Lord and savior Jesus.  I can do that anywhere any time any place as I am led, and read the wordless book as I go about my day any day, everyday.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

45 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I have similar views about santa

I am sure you do.

You are fortunate not to  be amongst the celebrating that is American Thanks Giving. Oh the origins of that one.

5 minutes ago, Jaydog1976 said:

The answer to the OP original post question is a resounding: YES! How else are we going to get the expensive chocolate candy that we steal from our kids candy collection. I can't afford it otherwise. :)

Ah the memories of the pimples of my youth. And the pre-diabetic  condition of my kidneys today. Chocolate, evil every day, stay away from it, do not dwell upon it at all.

Have a carrot you can juice it. Carrot nice!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Neighbor said:

Ah the memories of the pimples of my youth. And the pre-diabetic  condition of my kidneys today. Chocolate, evil every day, stay away from it, do not dwell upon it at all.

Have a carrot you can juice it. Carrot nice!

Haha I guess so. Still doesn't beat the  sugar high that requires an extra dose of insulin. But I digress. :emot-lwt:

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyway the evil that is worship of little antichrists goes on daily. The worship of our Lord Jesus does as well.

Today there are born again Christians  even at Benin denying  all evil god's by proclaiming positively  of our Lord and savior Jesus.   Praise God, victory is in Jesus.

6 minutes ago, Jaydog1976 said:

Haha I guess so. Still doesn't beat the  sugar high that requires an extra dose of insulin. But I digress. :emot-lwt:

Now there's a memory, my mom would do just that. She only lived to age 94, dying at her own home in charge of it to the last moment. She enjoyed her treats even as I wasted my own time telling her of the evil of it all. She was a kick! Always had a laugh and a story, said she was only going round once so she was going to have fun in all she did. She would rather find the upside of the worst of days than seek out the worst in the best of days to dwell on.

Praise God for the thought that one can live happy.

• Haha 1

I had always wanted to make a large paper mache horn of plenty plenty for Thanksgiving and have harvest produce spilling forth from it as a display. Just  this week found an origin of the horn of plenty ( cornucopia ) as I was researching  Puritan  English Separatist Church history. Pagan pagan pagan, danger danger danger.

I also have wanted to make a paper mache full size Nicolas the saint with his sack opened and gifts of charity ( love) flowing from it,  instead of having a pagan pagan pagan Christmas tree with a star on top. Oh Christ mass oh no no no no mass, pagan pagan pagan. 

But I have never wanted to make a giant rabbit for Easter ( though I have one a stuffed decorative rabbit). I would never be able to get through making that one anyway, I'd be giggling too much thinking of the "sermon"  from pastor Mean Gene Scott, God's angry man, that explained the reality  behind having little kids run around chasing each other to be first to get to the egg.

Celebriting pagan pagan pagan god's of fertility; seems one can spend their whole calendar year pointing out pagan origins of most everything including most everything  Christian. And doesn't that make sense? Of course the origins are pagan, of course!

Yet the hearts of the born again are transformed. The christian sees God is in charge God is sovereign, not Satan, Satan is not even in all places His power is bridled, even held back  by God.  It is man that is depraved, Man has no excuse, can't be blaming Satan and man is depraved every day of the calendar year. The manifestation of his evil is all about, on  every day.

It is by God alone that any  are saved, by God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, Margo1945 said:

all Hallow's Eve preceding All Souls' and All Saints' Days would most accurately describe Hallowe'en .. the fact that it now involves "fun" is fine as long as said "fun" is not derived from participating in "evil satanic events" .. good clean fun is one thing .. evil corrupt fun is another and not acceptable .. one's words and actions come from one's already conceived intent .. good words and good actions from good intent of the heart or vice versa .. 

NOTE: I have tried 3 times to do Submit Reply and it shows saving and then back to Submit Reply but no post .. why?????

All of your posts were published. :)

7 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

the feasts that God set forth

Which are?

------------

Nice thing about those that believe  so, is that they may willingly step up to work many holidays so that others may be with family and celebrate Jesus on those pagan originated occasions of giving thanks and sharing charity. Plus one never has to acknowledge their birthday  as that would be a bit of a pagan rite.

25 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

Of course birthday celebration also has pagan roots. I don't know of one place where it is instituted to celebrate the day we were born. The only one I see celebrated was Christ's birth...and yet we are not commanded to observe His birth, but His death (with receiving communion). 

Hi, Enjoying the conversation I wonder s I remember my days of being with the C o C fine brothers an dsisters  must afraid of much of everything that they should offend God and in so doingyet again lose their salvation.

But a kinder group, one will hardly be found. everything was speak where the Bible speaks,  be silent where the Bible is silent. with that as an exacting guideline they  stated  that no musical instrument may be used in worship (music) for th eOld testament tells of instruments, but the new does not. Yet to get us on  key the worship leader would use a pitch pipe.I found myself wondering why is there a person leading the worship if there is to be no instrument, and no multi part harmony.

Humans are fun and funny. God had an incredible sense of humor to have created us in the first place.