• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, JustPassingThru said:

You and your husband have peace with God, ...now allow the peace of God to begin to rule in your hearts.

This is excellent! 

818908337_thumbsupsmiley.gif.bca7819be11d6b94c9d48192adc6abf1.gif

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, JustPassingThru said:

Hi Revlori, I've read your post and I understand your situation, ...what I'm going to say will probably sound strange to you, ...please understand it has come from personal experience with my Heavenly Father.

I was what many consider as very successful, before Christ I had and enjoyed all of my hearts desires, I was a "self" made man, then five years after I was saved Father called me to Tahiti, He placed me in  circumstances where I was totally helpless, ...this "self" made man could't even work to buy the necessities of life, ...I was forced to fish in the lagoon to be able to eat, I've had to sleep on a bench because I didn't have a place of my own, I have suffered through the Dengue Fever because I couldn't pay for a doctor, ...however, one of my favorite Bible verses is, "It came to pass!" ...proved to be true in my life, ...all of those trials and testings passed, ...and what I began to see, to learn is, ...Father was in complete and total control of my life, He is my Jehovah Jireh, my Provider, He is my Jehovah Rapha, my Healer,  He is my El Shaddai, when the French government attempted to kick me out of the country,  He is my I AM, my GOD, my Father and I'm one of His Blood Bought children, ...I have learned in these last 28 years that He is my Everything, ...I'm no longer responsible for myself, He is, ...and He has taken very Good care of me, ...truthfully, ...much better than I ever could of. 

I have learned there is much more than reading His Word, we must learn and then receive, ...we must appropriate the spiritual Truths we have learned into our spirit, weave them into the very fabric of our being, I'm certain Father allowed me to kick, fight and wrestle with Him, until I too came to my own river Jabbok  experience with Him Gen 32:22-29 , when I came to the point of exhaustion in my own efforts and just let go and told Him if it was going to happen then it had to be Him doing it, which resulted in relinquishing all of my authority in/of my life to the Holy Spirit and submitting to His authority to rule, reign and guide me wherever He pleased through what ever circumstances and/or situations He deemed necessary in my life to conform me into the image of my Lord Jesus Christ.

May I humbly suggest in the brotherly love as your brother in Christ, ...just stop trying to fight all of these trials and tests, just stop, put them in His hands, "qui sera sera," what will be will be..., give them to Him in prayer and then rest in the peace of God, confidently knowing and accepting His will be done.

You and your husband have peace with God, ...now allow the peace of God to begin to rule in your hearts.

Lord bless

No Just passing through, I don't find your reply strange at all. On the contrary, I find it very encouraging and I thank you.

Sincerely, your friend in Christ

God bless 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Revlori said:

Thank you, however I believe their is a misunderstanding. I read and study God's word everyway. I don't have unbelief. As I go through my trials, I had someone tell me that because I had those feelings at times,that I lacked faith in the ability of God's ability. I don't believe this. That is why I asked the question.

Here is what you wrote...

"I have felt worried and have feared as well as doubted. I have confessed these times to God and have asked for forgiveness. My question is: when we are born again and are walking with the Lord, are these feelings of worry, doubt and fear a sign that you lack faith""

And my answer, is, the reason you have FEELINGS of fear and doubt, is because you are human.

All Christians have "feelings"< and all Believers have the same feelings.

Its impossible not to feel.... and your feelings are normal, and to have feelings that you LACK FAITH...

This is human.....this is how believer's FEEL at times....

Perfectly normal.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 10/30/2019 at 10:19 PM, Revlori said:

I've been going through many trials and feeling great pain both in my heart and body. I have felt worried and have feared as well as doubted. I have confessed these times to God and have asked for forgiveness. I know I'm forgiven but My question is: when we are born again and are walking with the Lord, are these feelings of worry, doubt and fear a sign that you lack faith in God's ability to accomplish all that you have asked God to do?

From all I've seen,  the permanent disciples (first before them Jesus, of course),  the Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Teachers,   all in ACTS,  throughout the NT,  in the first century, 

turned their lives over to the Father and to the Lord Jesus Christ to DO what the Father Directed.

Jesus says they also , when they did not receive what they asked,  it was because they asked askew. (wrongly)

'Confessing' "these times" dos not seem as if confessing sins and repenting of them, does it ?

A lot of 'Christians' (multitudes in fact) "know they are forgiven",  right up until judgment day,  when the Judge tells them to get lost. (The Apocalypse;  Revelation, et al)

One sure sign, as written in Scripture, that the unbelievers can see when watching the daily lives of true believers,  that the believers are with Jesus,  living His Life, 

is the unshakeable peace they have continually,  daily,  no matter what the circumstances (even fiery trials (great joy in!),  enduring temptations (common worldwide) , and receiving hate and anger and persecution,  ironically for loving as Jesus does, as God Says ) ..

• 6 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 10/31/2019 at 3:19 AM, Revlori said:

Hello

I've been going through many trials and feeling great pain both in my heart and body. I have felt worried and have feared as well as doubted. I have confessed these times to God and have asked for forgiveness. I know I'm forgiven but My question is: when we are born again and are walking with the Lord, are these feelings of worry, doubt and fear a sign that you lack faith in God's ability to accomplish all that you have asked God to do?

I felt I needed to edit the reason for my question due to the fact I didn't do a very good job at explaining it. I'm sorry for this:

As I go through my trials, I have felt these things. Someone had told me that because I had such feelings that I lacked faith in God's ability to perform what I ask. I did not believe this, this is why I ask this question. I read and study God's word everyway and I stand on those promises. However at times I do feel these things.

I do want to take this time to also express my thankfulness for each one who has prayed for us and has given encouragement. 

Thank you your friend in Christ.

Good question. i believe we will all have doubts from time to time, as evil brings them our way and puts them into the mind. Resist the devil and he will flee, keep praying believing and taking action to get what you want. It will come eventually, but i don't know why God blesses someone straight away but with other people it takes longer. However, I never question that because it could put a hindrance on my faith.