• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

Placebos are only sold by prescription, when the doc feels a patient would benefit from the psychological effect of a drug when none is needed. It also have a specific name (placebo spelled backwards). So Im confused on what you mean with your comment. Can you be more specific?

Okay, obviously I've got some misunderstanding of the alleged counterfeit medications that are supposedly hitting the pharmacies. That means phoney to me = placebos. Apparently, my terminology was incorrect on that. Thanks for the clarifications. Then I will say this, I've never encountered medications other than authentic in any pharmacy. Sorry for the mixup.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Okay, obviously I've got some misunderstanding of the alleged counterfeit medications that are supposedly hitting the pharmacies. That means phoney to me = placebos. Apparently, my terminology was incorrect on that. Thanks for the clarifications. Then I will say this, I've never encountered medications other than authentic in any pharmacy. Sorry for the mixup.

Beau, a counterfeit medication is fake. It is contaminated or includes the wrong ingredient or no active ingredient at all. Say you have pneumonia and are very sick. You go to your doctor and that doctor prescribes an antibiotic that will make you well. You go to your pharmacy and pick up this antibiotic. You see that it looks exactly like the antibiotic that you are supposed to take. It looks exactly like real antibiotic as well to the pharmacist. But someone such as a chemist has put very little of the active ingredient in this antibiotic or it could include only talcum powder. This saves the drug companies millions of dollars. You take this pill and hope you will get better. Instead you get worse because the antibiotic does not include the active ingredient to make you well. You could die. This has happened. It is a mystery to me why this is becoming so common in the last couple of years in our US and our local pharmacies.