• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  228
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Chris0699 said:

I could say that but I would be lying. That's probably the whole reason He is staying away from me. I can't find the will to give it all up.

Well, if Jesus didn't "kinda like" you, you would not be convicted about eternity.

He is the author of your faith.

Let Him write in your faithbook. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

25 minutes ago, Chris0699 said:

Well, I suppose there's only one reason why I am ruling myself out at every turn.

Yes, you are doing it to yourself.

You have a mindset, and if you believe there is a God, then i can assure you that if you believe there is a devil, you are correct.

The devil's playground is not Neptune , or Saturn, or always CNN.   He also has a working community of unclean spirits that invest all their time trying to cause strife and confusion in a thousand different ways at once.

Look at this forum for example, or any Christian forum.  You have real believers, and you have self righteous religious pretenders.  And its a battleground because of this,  friction situation.

You have those who understand that Salvation is a free gift, ....  who have to endure here,  the religious dogmatics who want to argue that salvation is all about saving yourself, after Jesus has already saved you. 

And what is that?  Its the devil. Its a spiritual fistfight, that has been happening since Jesus left the planet and returned back to Glory.

And this same devil who leads these religious nutz , is the same spiritual aspect that gets into a person's head...... as this is the devil's legit playground.

Your mind, is up for grabs.  The battle is in THERE...     And when you are not Saved, or if you are, and are away from God, then the THOUGHT LIFE that can come to torture you, is not just of yourself.

Let me tell you what the Devil's workers can do.  They can take a person, and get them to open a bible, and turn to Matthew, Hebrews, and James, and these unclean spirits can teach them using   6 verses,  how to never be able to understand Salvation for the rest of their life, and so infect them, that all they'll  do later  is try to ruin other believer's faith, just as their's has been ruined.

This happens all day, every day, 24/7...all over the world.   ..and that is the nice stuff that The devil and his unclean spirits are out and about causing to happen.   

So, you are not too far gone.  You are not without hope.   You are just a bit troubled, and i suspect you are getting some help in this area to remain so.

I told you a while back that God wants you to be a part of His family.  And if you once thought you were, or if you have never yet become........ It is there always waiting.

You dont have to feel, you just have to want and you have to ask.    You have to ask yourself, if you want God.

He already proved He wants you, as that Cross and the blood on it, was shed for YOU.

God reacts to sincerity.  He's not so much interested in emotionality and similar.

He just wants you to be REAL with Him and He'll take you and make you His.

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

13 minutes ago, Behold said:

Yes, you are doing it to yourself.

You have a mindset, and if you believe there is a God, then i can assure you that if you believe there is a devil, you are correct.

The devil's playground is not Neptune , or Saturn, or always CNN.   He also has a working community of unclean spirits that invest all their time trying to cause strife and confusion in a thousand different ways at once.

Look at this forum for example, or any Christian forum.  You have real believers, and you have self righteous religious pretenders.  And its a battleground because of this,  friction situation.

You have those who understand that Salvation is a free gift, ....  who have to endure here,  the religious dogmatics who want to argue that salvation is all about saving yourself, after Jesus has already saved you. 

And what is that?  Its the devil. Its a spiritual fistfight, that has been happening since Jesus left the planet and returned back to Glory.

And this same devil who leads these religious nutz , is the same spiritual aspect that gets into a person's head...... as this is the devil's legit playground.

Your mind, is up for grabs.  The battle is in THERE...     And when you are not Saved, or if you are, and are away from God, then the THOUGHT LIFE that can come to torture you, is not just of yourself.

Let me tell you what the Devil's workers can do.  They can take a person, and get them to open a bible, and turn to Matthew, Hebrews, and James, and these unclean spirits can teach them using   6 verses,  how to never be able to understand Salvation for the rest of their life, and so infect them, that all they'll  do later  is try to ruin other believer's faith, just as their's has been ruined.

This happens all day, every day, 24/7...all over the world.   ..and that is the nice stuff that The devil and his unclean spirits are out and about causing to happen.   

So, you are not too far gone.  You are not without hope.   You are just a bit troubled, and i suspect you are getting some help in this area to remain so.

I told you a while back that God wants you to be a part of His family.  And if you once thought you were, or if you have never yet become........ It is there always waiting.

You dont have to feel, you just have to want and you have to ask.    You have to ask yourself, if you want God.

He already proved He wants you, as that Cross and the blood on it, was shed for YOU.

God reacts to sincerity.  He's not so much interested in emotionality and similar.

He just wants you to be REAL with Him and He'll take you and make you His.

I can't honestly say that I do want God. I don't want hell, at least I think I don't, but I don't know if I want to do what it takes to avoid it.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,945
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Chris0699 said:

I can't honestly say that I do want God. I don't want hell, at least I think I don't, but I don't know if I want to do what it takes to avoid it.

Can you share a Scripture with me/us today, Chris0699? What book of the Bible are you currently studying in?

22 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Can you share a Scripture with me/us today, Chris0699? What book of the Bible are you currently studying in?

I was reading John. Didn't read today because I was running late and I didn't know what I would get out of it. But how about Hebrews 6:4-8 and 10:26-31. Those were the passages that shocked me in to this state. The 10 passage started it and the 6 passage led me to believe I am an apostate and there is no more hope.

3 minutes ago, Chris0699 said:

I was reading John. Didn't read today because I was running late and I didn't know what I would get out of it. But how about Hebrews 6:4-8 and 10:26-31. Those were the passages that shocked me in to this state. The 10 passage started it and the 6 passage led me to believe I am an apostate and there is no more hope.

Ok. Both those passages are current and familiar to me but I can assure you that you don't fit into the category they describe. If you did you wouldn't be the slightest bit interested in posting on this or any other Christian site, and wouldn't be concerned in any way, shape, or form about your relationship with God.

In other words you would be happily divorced from theological matters and revelling in Babylon with every fibre of your being with narry a thought about your eternal destiny. 

If you were an unredeemable apostate it wouldn't bother you one bit!!!

Mat 12:18-21
(18)  Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
(19)  He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.
(20)  A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.
(21)  And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.

22 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Ok. Both those passages are current and familiar to me but I can assure you that you don't fit into the category they describe. If you did you wouldn't be the slightest bit interested in posting on this or any other Christian site, and wouldn't be concerned in any way, shape, or form about your relationship with God.

In other words you would be happily divorced from theological matters and revelling in Babylon with every fibre of your being with narry a thought about your eternal destiny. 

If you were an unredeemable apostate it wouldn't bother you one bit!!!

Mat 12:18-21
(18)  Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
(19)  He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.
(20)  A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.
(21)  And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.

The apostate in the iron cage in Pilgrim's Progress was bothered quite a bit.

1 hour ago, Chris0699 said:

The apostate in the iron cage in Pilgrim's Progress was bothered quite a bit.

Bunyan had some bad theology. By literal definition apostacy means "away from position". If you are still contemplating Scriptural matters you are not away from them, backslidden yes if not aligning with them in order to comply with the will of God, but if you have discarded the principle of holiness altogether you will not have a conscience about it.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  228
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Hey bro. Read Acts 2. Notice that the 3000 murderers of Jesus Christ were added to the church as the first new converts to Christianity. 

You aint so bad, huh?

10 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Bunyan had some bad theology. By literal definition apostacy means "away from position". If you are still contemplating Scriptural matters you are not away from them, backslidden yes if not aligning with them in order to comply with the will of God, but if you have discarded the principle of holiness altogether you will not have a conscience about it.

Bad theology? How so?