IGNORED

Iraq War Can Only Be Lost in the United States

Ovedya

I do think that not inteferring in the domestic affairs of sovereign nations in the first place would go a long way in avoiding terrorist attacks.    I know people don't want to hear it but we're not always the good guys.  Since WWII we've (our govt) supported brutal dictatorships and regeimes that oppress the people so that they feel forced to take action; as a defensive measure.  Much the same way the American colonists took action against Great Britian; those colonists were considered terrorists by the loyalists.

I would like to see us go back to being the good guys all the time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with the gist of what you are saying here, charlie, but there is one big difference now.

WMDs can be fit in a suitcase and smuggled. Osama was trying to buy these things and there are a few missing. There are other threats besides nuclear that can cripple us as much, too.

I don't know if we will ever be told what is going on behind the scenes...but I'd bet that no one in America would sleep if we knew.

And I'm sure there are political reasons as well as practical ones that keep us from being completely told what the threats really are.

But really...no matter what were to happen, bad people would find a way to manipulate it for their gain so I would just as soon fight this fight now instead of after a city (or more) were blown up...

If all Bush wanted was to be the dictator king then he would allow a bomb to go off on our soil and declare martial law. It appears to me that he is doing everything possible in the face of extreme political opposition to make sure that doesn't happen.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest charlie
If all Bush wanted was to be the dictator king then he would allow a bomb to go off on our soil and declare martial law. It appears to me that he is doing everything possible in the face of extreme political opposition to make sure that doesn't happen.

Watch it there Yod you're treading dangerously close to something that some other people have been saying which is that Bush/Cheney allowed 9/11 to happen Now whether that is true or not figure the odds of most people believing such a thing; if Bush should decide to allow a bomb to go off here do you honestly think anyone would believe it? I will say this, I don't think he's doing everything possible to make sure it doesn't happen. His remarks and approach to all those illegal aliens coming over the border in Texas simply defies logic in light of 9/11.

Did you ever see the interview that CNN did with Osama bin Laden back in 98? He said he wanted to attack us because we had bases in Saudi Arabia. We have had bases there since the first gulf war. Despite our meddling where we shouldn't have in Iran and Iraq, I think these Saudis are the primary source of a lot of our current problems.... but this administration treats them like some sort of sacred cow or something.

I worry about a biological weapon. I remember hearing that a terrorist cell had planned to do this in Ames Iowa (University of Iowa) back in 95 or 96 and that the FBI caught them before they got a chance. I don't know how true it was; if it was true it sure didn't get a lot of press. I would imagine they've stopped a lot of attacks already that we just haven't heard about.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  226
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/24/1945

Hello Good People

Why would a Christian support war?

God sanctioned war and complete destruction of whole peoples - including their families and children. The Old Testament is full of "just" wars.

AND:

What should a Christian do when attacked?

AND:

An anti-war stance is not Biblical at all. :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now that

Sorry for the double post.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,390
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I will say this, I don't think he's doing everything possible to make sure it doesn't happen.  His remarks and approach to all those illegal aliens coming over the border in Texas simply defies logic in light of 9/11. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Charlie, just so you won't wonder about our border processes, those powers that be that we talk around so much have divided the world up into 10 supernations and are doing things all over the globe to bring together the economies of the countries that make up those super nations All of North America is one super nation so our borders and trade is run more as a single nation. More and more they will push us toward being a single society. If they do work out their plans we will be one nation of three states....... U.S., Canada and Mexico making up the supernation of North America.

se

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Did you ever see the interview that CNN did with Osama bin Laden back in 98?  He said he wanted to attack us because we had bases in Saudi Arabia.  We have had bases there since the first gulf war.  Despite our meddling where we shouldn't have in Iran and Iraq,  I think these Saudis are the primary source of a lot of our current problems.... but this administration treats them like some sort of sacred cow or something.   

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Charlie makes a very good point. One that should be covered more fully by the media, but one that is hardly ever mentioned. :thumbsup:

Saudi Arabia

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

If we lose the war in Iraq it's because it's not in Heavenly Fathers' plan for America to win. He doesn't love Americans more than the Iraq people. Why would a Christian support war? it seems silly, but Christians love a good war. Jesus wants us to protect our house from the influences of evil, that makes simple sense. Killing in the name of ...... Wake up, stop being hateful in a loving way.

Satan will always tell you that war is just. Any war.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The thing about generalizations is that they never apply to every person in the group you are generalizing about. Especially since it is quite often that the person making the generalization is the exception.

Are you a Christian? Do you hate war? Then "Christians" cannot "love a good war."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now that I reread what I wrote I did make generalizations. I did not mean to come off to be hypocritical. It was a complete generalization. I should not have said Christians love a good war. I am a Christian and did not say I hated war, hate is a wasted emotion that seems to weaken people. Don't hate it's bad.

I will pray for the families that are affected. I will ask for protection over my nephew, my friends son, over the innocent, our soldiers and their families.

When I hear of the deaths of innocent victims of war I try to pray for the families that must be going through terrible hardships. I do not hate war but people killing other people is killing other people. Justification comes from that persons moral beliefs.