• Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

9 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

Yes brother, I believe so too...

If I remember correctly, ...Barnhouse said between Gen 1:1  and 1:2, the angelic host also lived on the earth and Lucifer's "sanctuary was there and he carried their "praise" to Heaven to present them before God, then after "iniquity" was found in him and he stared to "charge" them and declared his five "I wills,"...then God cursed the earth and covered it with water, "...you 'will' be like the Most High? ...then dry this place up!"

And then we know the rest of the story, ...speculation, true, but good logical reasoning, ...I'm not going to argue of debate this with anyone, so don't hijack this thread, ...I can wait till I'm with my Lord to know what actually happened, ...and I personally believe that will be very soon, ...maybe even today... :noidea:

Yup---I say the same regarding the 'historical sciences'.

I or you weren't there.

We do our best with the evidence and look carefully at the best inference

Presumption gets in the way.

LOL

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

A careful reading and study of Job 38: seems to lend a lot of credence and support for a division 'gap' between Genesis 1:2 and Genesis 1:3. 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98

On 11/23/2019 at 10:56 PM, Yeshua153 said:

I agree the earth 'became' in v2, the only perfection was in v1, as well as being the only creation verse! The 6 days were not days of creation, they were of making & forming from what was created in v1. I believe satan & his angels polluted the earth, on their downfall, so to make the dust of the earth corrupt, so that when God made man, it was from the corrupt dust, even though God said it was very good in v31, meaning very good for the dust that He worked with.

Brother, the only "glitch" in what you have stated is God did create  "bara" after vs 1, ...in verse 21 it's recorded God created "bara" the whales of the sea (probably including the other ocean dwelling mammals), ...yes, He used the elements that He had previously created, the  "bara" creation was their soul, ...then in verse 27 it's recorded God created "bara" man in His own image, again using the elements He had already created, ...the "bara" creation was giving him not only a soul, but also a spirit.

Then in Gen 2:3 it recorded that God rested from what He had created "bara and made "awsaw."

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22

20 minutes ago, Sonshine said:

Yes, Jeremiah 4:23-26 is referring to the first age and not Noah’s flood. 

Some think so...I don't know because I wasn't there.

The notion does perhaps, answers some things.

4 minutes ago, Sonshine said:

But Father gave us the Bible that we might know. :)

You bet--but don't you think there may be things that we don't yet know about.

Like why the universe is so big. I think I have that answer, though.

:thumbsup:

Because I think there will be natural born men and women being born and never dying for untold ages to come and we that are 'In Christ'--the sons of the living God, will disciple them into sonship in a marvelous manner. The universe and all its planets will be gloriously inhabited and the entire Creation will be filled with the Glory of the Lord as an everlasting testament to His Love and Grace.

I may be crazy--but this is what I think.

:-)

24 minutes ago, Alive said:

You bet--but don't you think there may be things that we don't yet know about.

Like why the universe is so big. I think I have that answer, though.

:thumbsup:

Science is just now becoming aware that there seems to be more planets than stars as our technology is advancing. I've also pondered the question of 'why is the universe so big'? I believe it's because it shows the power, beauty and Glory of God. Could there be a second reason? 

I can't scriptually prove it, and it's strictly speculation, but, be fruitful and multiply was the theme at Creation and directly after Noah's flood. At some point the earth has to reach a maximum population and carrying capacity I would assume. I get an impression reading the scripture, that other worlds may have been created for expansion? Could some of our responsibilities and assignments in eternity be to tend to 'all' of the Lords creation? Could it be for our enjoyment of exploring what's out there in the entire universe? Exciting to think about isn't it? 

9 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Science is just now becoming aware that there seems to be more planets than stars as our technology is advancing. I've also pondered the question of 'why is the universe so big'? I believe it's because it shows the power, beauty and Glory of God. Could there be a second reason? 

I can't scriptually prove it, and it's strictly speculation, but, be fruitful and multiply was the theme at Creation and directly after Noah's flood. At some point the earth has to reach a maximum population and carrying capacity I would assume. I get an impression reading the scripture, that other worlds may have been created for expansion? Could some of our responsibilities and assignments in eternity be to tend to 'all' of the Lords creation? Could it be for our enjoyment of exploring what's out there in the entire universe? Exciting to think about isn't it? 

Read my last post, @Dennis1209

4 minutes ago, Alive said:

Read my last post, @Dennis1209

I did just now. You posted as I was just writing mine. We have about the same thoughts.

• Thumbs Up 1

Another thought occurred to me. I've watched a lot of NASA footage, Hubble telescope photos and the like. The one thing all celestial bodies share and have in common is; they're all very different one from another, probably like snow flakes, no two alike. God has personally named each one of the stars, I would think that includes the planets. 

Secular sciences theory that a random chance 'big bang' from something compressed with gravity so immense, with the original matter the size of a pin head, is not only ludicrous, but it raises a paradox and additional questions. Reminds me of a Bible verse.

Romans 1:22 (KJV) Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Is it coincidence science calls the glue that holds the universe together "dark matter" and "dark energy"? They could have named it invisible energy, unseen energy or similar verbiage. God is "light" and there is no darkness in Him.

1 John 1:5 (KJV) This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Creation and God has been banned and kicked out of our public educational system. Darwinism and random chance has replaced faith, critical thinking and common sense. Another scripture comes to mind.

Romans 1:20 (KJV) For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: