IGNORED

Is it wrong to want to read about a different religion ?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Here is how I meet the false ones , and they all over even our religion ,   half way .

Go ahead , send me korans and budda wisdom and etc ,    And I will open those books , BUT ONLY TO SAY THIS

as I cast them into a FIRE .    I DONT NEED YOU , NOR YOUR WISDOM to witness ,   I FEED YOU TO THE PIT of fire

AND I REST IN JESUS who surely can give me or any the WISDOM and a mouth to witness to any group .

BURN THEM KORANS and budda statues and all mens wisdom and books in the FIRE .   AND LEARN YE one and learn YE ALL ,   FROM JESUS ALONE in the BIBLE ALONE .

Ps ,  I aint all inclusive nor PC correct ,   just in case anyone has not figured  that one out yet . 

BUT I SURE GOT ALL I NEED AND WHO I NEED .    JESUS and THE BIBLE .      And I don't care what the cost of this is  ,   no matter how hated I am by even those I love

I AINT BUDGING one ounce from the path in JESUS I am on .       MAY all go and do likewise .

31 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Absolutely not. The apostles, and in particular the Apostle Paul had to read and know about other religions, Pagan and otherwise. The Apostle Paul was one of, if not the best religiously educated person walking the earth in his time. New Testament writers read, quoted or mention a number of books not associated with our closed canon, our Bible. 

I own a copy of the Koran. I use it for a number of reasons; comparison, historical, cite and know the differences of 1.6 billion people, how it is corrupted and perverted, etc.  

Dennis ,  in the winter sometimes it gets cold here and I am a man limited on means , etc money .

SO do me a favor , mail me that Koran .    SO I CAN BURN IT IN MY FIRE PLACE .    GOOD riddance to it ,  and heck you helped me keep warm too .  THINK OF IT as a two fold GOOD DEED .

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

By all means IT SURE IS WRONG .

WHY on earth do I need to learn from evil to be able to witness to those in a false religion .

I GOT WHO I NEED .    AND HE IS ALL I NEED .

May I learn ONLY FROM HIM .    HE GIVES THE MOUTH , HE GIVES ALL I NEED .

GOD is far bigger than all them dead religons .  HE SPOKE ALL INTO EXISTANCE .  SURELY HE CAN SPEAK TO ME all that is necessary to reach ANY and ALL .

MY TRUST IS IN HIM .    IF I want to know how to witness to any religion or group ,  SHOOO ,  ALL I NEED IS THE WITNESS ,   HE GIVES WHAT ALL THAT IS NEEDED

and I shun the wisdom of men to the pits of hades where it belongs .

Well, what about from a strategic and military vantage point? Sun Tzu, know your enemy.

Just now, Dennis1209 said:

Well, what about from a strategic and military vantage point? Sun Tzu, know your enemy.

That's mans wisdom .     ALL I need is JESUS .    KNOW MY JESUS and I shall overcome .

KNOW MY JESUS and THAT HOLYBOOK the BIBLE and that is all I need .

I REST IN JESUS and not men .   I READ one book and not mens books .

I was once a philosopher who learned the traits of other philosophies ,

BUT NOW having been changed BY THE TRUE KING

Something very clear have I learned .   HE IS ALL I NEED .   It may seem hard to grasp to an intellectual mind ,

BUT THE SPIRIT IS REAL and its all I NEED TO HEED .   HE GIVETH WORDS to any group , AND HE KNOWETH ALL that anyone would ever need to hear .

JESUS AND THE BIBLE ,  IS ALL I NEED .     All else is vanity.   TRUST THOU IN GOD ,    AND ONLY IN HIM .     ITS ALL I EVER NEEDED and what HE MADE ME AWARE

OF on day one of my conversion .     Folks can teach an say what they want .  AS FOR ME , I HEED ONLY and NEED ONLY ........HIM AND THE ONE BOOK I KNOW HE INSPRIED

AKA THE BIBLE .    

1 minute ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Dennis ,  in the winter sometimes it gets cold here and I am a man limited on means , etc money .

SO do me a favor , mail me that Koran .    SO I CAN BURN IT IN MY FIRE PLACE .    GOOD riddance to it ,  and heck you helped me keep warm too .  THINK OF IT as a two fold GOOD DEED .

When I first purchased it, the very first thing I did, was write "THIS IS A EVIL BOOK" on the cover. So that when something happens to me, all will know my feelings and get rid of it. How does one confront, understand, proselytize or defend against Islam unless you know what and who you're confronting? So I'll politely disagree.

10 hours ago, Prodigal Son said:

That's a horrible thing to say @missmuffet. Please don't use Satan to describe a person or their thoughts, it's very offensive.

I wasn't the only person to suggest that it's ok.

1/ Opinion. It's ok to learn about the HISTORY of other religions as the OP mentioned. I never said to join another religion or to turn your back on Christ. 

2/ Fact. We learnt about other religions at Catholic school and many people in the clergy know a lot about other religions. There is nothing Satanic about them.

I think @Galleon makes a good point. For people whose faith isn't strong it will only confuse them. This might explain your reaction.

Your accusation really hurt cos i despise Satan. But I refuse to react aggressively as some people might.

Instead I will pray for you to be more respectful to people who you may not agree with @missmuffet

May Gods grace, peace and mercy be with you my friend, through our Lord Jesus Christ. :th_praying:

nope ITS RIGHT SHE SAID IT .    IF WE LOVE FOLKS WE TELL THEM PLAIN .    THANK YOU MISS MUFFET FOR DOING WHAT MANY WONT DO IN THIS AGE .

1 minute ago, Dennis1209 said:

When I first purchased it, the very first thing I did, was write "THIS IS A EVIL BOOK" on the cover. So that when something happens to me, all will know my feelings and get rid of it. How does one confront, understand, proselytize or defend against Islam unless you know what and who you're confronting? So I'll politely disagree.

How does one know ,    WELL BY JESUS OFCOURSE  .    I don't need to learn evil to combat evil ,  I JUST NEED TO LEARN JESUS and HEED HIM .

ONE BOOK  .  THE BIBLE .  ONE LORD , JESUS .    ONE WITNESS .   ITS ALL I NEED .    GOD knows what one needs to hear , no matter what religion they are of .

AND HE SURE CAN GIVE those who witness the very words that one needs to hear .

EXAMINE WHERE THE TRUST REALLLY IS .    oh I  know I am not liked very much here . BUT at least MY TRUST IS ONLY IN ONE and THAT IS THE TRUE and ONLY GOD .

I came to place , wait let me screech the brakes , I WAS LED TO A PLACE BY GOD ,  where all I can do IS TRUST ONLY IN HIM .     PS .  ITS A PLACE of great beauty and peace .

14 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Well if I do that, I'd have to include copies of the Washington Post, New York times and dozens of other paper products. Yeah, free energy and recycling, matter and energy are mutually convertible. :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

• Praise God! 1

5 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Well if I do that, I'd have to include copies of the Washington Post, New York times and dozens of other paper products. Yeah, free energy and recycling, matter and energy are mutually convertible. :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

I aint pickey  .  mail em all .     They trash anway .   And think of the good deed .  You will be  helping me to keep warm .     

Edited by frienduff thaylorde