Dennis1209

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,469
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Ever think about what humanities future holds in the very near future as a kind or species? The hints we get especially in the book of Revelation?

If my sources and understanding is correct, technology and knowledge is doubling every three months. A linear acceleration that is mind staggering and plotting off the charts. Look at the progress humanity has achieved with the extension of life spans compared to 100, 500, 1,000 years ago. Look at the progression of life saving medicine, immunizations, organ transplants, artificial hearts and valves, robotic limbs of amputees working off of brain impulses [all about outdated technologies]. 

Gene therapy and splicing, DNA alterations, animal / human grown organs for human implantation replacement and the myriad of other alterations being tested and experimented on today, to extend human life indefinitely. Is that really a good thing and biblical, are we playing God? That's not a statement but a philosophical rational and biblical question?

What does it mean to be human, at what point do we cease to be human? If or when it's perfected, that we could get a shot or implant that would change and alter us so that we could have vision like an eagle, hear like an owl, smell like a hound, on and on... At what point do we cease to be fully human and perhaps a hybrid? Does anyone see these advancements and offerings under someones skin on the right-hand or forehead in the future? 

Anyone think designer babies is a conspiracy theory, something out of someones over active imagination? 

So, with the advancement of all these sciences, when does a human cease to be a human, or do you believe it is not even possible?

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

57 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Ever think about what humanities future holds in the very near future as a kind or species? The hints we get especially in the book of Revelation?

If my sources and understanding is correct, technology and knowledge is doubling every three months. A linear acceleration that is mind staggering and plotting off the charts. Look at the progress humanity has achieved with the extension of life spans compared to 100, 500, 1,000 years ago. Look at the progression of life saving medicine, immunizations, organ transplants, artificial hearts and valves, robotic limbs of amputees working off of brain impulses [all about outdated technologies]. 

Gene therapy and splicing, DNA alterations, animal / human grown organs for human implantation replacement and the myriad of other alterations being tested and experimented on today, to extend human life indefinitely. Is that really a good thing and biblical, are we playing God? That's not a statement but a philosophical rational and biblical question?

What does it mean to be human, at what point do we cease to be human? If or when it's perfected, that we could get a shot or implant that would change and alter us so that we could have vision like an eagle, hear like an owl, smell like a hound, on and on... At what point do we cease to be fully human and perhaps a hybrid? Does anyone see these advancements and offerings under someones skin on the right-hand or forehead in the future? 

Anyone think designer babies is a conspiracy theory, something out of someones over active imagination? 

So, with the advancement of all these sciences, when does a human cease to be a human, or do you believe it is not even possible?

Yes, the world is playing God. Technology is getting out of hand. Although I do appreciate some of the advancements since early history such as new medications and immunizations and the advancement in the medical world. Some of the conveniences are nice such as refrigerators, stoves, indoor bathrooms and automobiles. Some of the advancements in technology has not made our world a better place in my opinion. Such as the smart phone. A person really does need a computer in our world today. But I have a love/hate relationship with it. I see Satan in much of our technology. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, the world is playing God. Technology is getting out of hand. Although I do appreciate some of the advancements since early history such as new medications and immunizations and the advancement in the medical world. Some of the conveniences are nice such as refrigerators, stoves, indoor bathrooms and automobiles. Some of the advancements in technology has not made our world a better place in my opinion. Such as the smart phone. A person really does need a computer in our world today. But I have a love/hate relationship with it. I see Satan in much of our technology. 

I couldn't agree with you more  :D

• Thanks 2

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

3 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Ever watch a Terminator movie? :6:

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

4 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Hi Dennis,

I do appreciate your thoughts there. A human ceases to be a human when the spirit given by God is absent.

Also in that scenario we need to factor in Satan`s plan, and God`s purposes.

regards, Marilyn.

• Well Said! 3

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, Sonshine said:

Who provides the soul? 

Hi Sonshine

I believe the soul is our personality, our will, that develops over time. It is the connection between the body and the spirit.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Sonshine said:

Who provides the soul? 

God creates the soul when a person is created in the womb. 

• This is Worthy 2

2 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Ever watch a Terminator movie? :6:

Yes, two of them. But, the "I'll be bock" guy, doesn't appear to be any threat today with the skin hanging off where his biceps use to be. :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

• Well Said! 1

2 hours ago, Sonshine said:

Who provides the soul? 

Jumping up and down with great force, with his right hand stretched skyward as high as it will go, shouting "I know, I know, pick me, pick me!" He reply's; James Brown :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

28 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

Genesis 2:7

“And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.” 

Another example of what the soul is.

Luke 12:20 (KJV) But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?

• Thumbs Up 1