• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

9 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

Hmm... never heard that one before... (Barbarian checks)

No, I see nothing therein about walking through walls.   Like a literal six-day creation, it's an addition to scripture based on a personal interpretation.

Let me help you with that.

I'll simply post the verse in Genesis, and then you contradict it with your opinion....ok?   Here we go..... 

31 God saw all that He had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the SIXTH day.""

Notice "sixth Day". (6) (Six)

So, that is where people who read their bible found your answer.

And here is another one for you... "a Day is as 1000 Yrs with God".

So, that is interesting isn't it.

And let me give you one more.... as you have trouble with Jesus and walls, and scripture apparently.

This is John 20. (Thats the New Testament).

Pay close attention, as apparently you haven't before..

""""On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors LOCKED for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!”

Now, watch carefully.... Notice it says the doors are LOCKED, then it says that Jesus came and stood among them...

So, who unlocked the doors?

A.) Noone did.

There is no need, As This is the Same Jesus who is also going to simply take flight and enter the wide blue yonder not long afterwards, while  they are watching him lift off the ground and ascend into the sky.

Acts 1:9.  """And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, Jesus was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight."""

And now you know where people who read their bible, get all that into..   See, we understand that Jesus is God, and God has no natural boundary. He is not limited by your laws of physics, or any laws of Nature.  He moves in time and out of time, not being restricted by the rules of time.

A Miracle, is God doing something SUPER-natural, within the NATURAL Realm.

Try to understand, its God , who IS Christ, who made it all, controls it all, and maintains it all.  .. Colossians 1:16 ""For by JESUS were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist."

So, for GOD to walk thru a wall, or walk on water, or  '""" come back again taking vengeance on all those who do not obey the Gospel""" ... 2 Thess 1:8,9........So ALL of that, is  what you might say is for God...>"no biggie".

See thats the thing about the born again.   We accept that the Word of God is true, and that Jesus IS The Truth, and that is why we don't hang out on Christian forums trying to castigate the word of God, and deny the Bible.

Maybe one day you can join us.

Jesus died for you also.

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,051
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, dad2 said:

"The Lord gave the word; he said, Let the earth bring forth, not as if the earth had any such prolific virtue as to produce these animals, or as if God resigned his creating power to it; but, "Let these creatures now come into being upon the earth, and out of it, in their respective kinds, conformable to the ideas of them in the divine counsels concerning their creation." 2. He also did the work; he made them all after their kind, not only of divers shapes, but of divers natures, manners, food, and fashions--some to be tame about the house, others to be wild in the fields--some living upon grass and herbs, others upon flesh--some harmless, and others ravenous--some bold, and others timorous--some for man's service, and not his sustenance, as the horse--others for his sustenance, and not his service, as the sheep--others for both, as the ox--and some for neither, as the wild beasts. In all this appears the manifold wisdom of the Creator."

This is all man's re-interpretation of God's word.   Worth no more than any other man's opinion.

And now, we don't comprehend God.   No created being can do that.   We can know Him, but we cannot begin to understand the mystery of the Trinity, or his eternal being.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

44 minutes ago, The Barbarian said:

This is all man's re-interpretation of God's word.   Worth no more than any other man's opinion.

And now, we don't comprehend God.   No created being can do that.   We can know Him, but we cannot begin to understand the mystery of the Trinity, or his eternal being.

We who are His children and friends and bride comprehend Him just fine. Speak for yourself.

2 hours ago, Behold said:

Let me help you with that.

I'll simply post the verse in Genesis, and then you contradict it with your opinion....ok?   Here we go..... 

You've merely assumed that a figurative verse is a literal history.  Even ancient Christians knew better.

Proof texting is probably the least effective form of eisegesis.   

I don't think you've given this very much thought.    Inserting things into scripture that aren't there in God's words, is unwise,  I think.

So you assume that if He was capable of walking through walls, He did.    Bad assumption, I think.    What makes you think that He's confined to 3 dimensions?   No 3D room is closed to a higher dimensional being.

See thats the thing about the born again.   We accept that the Word of God is true

In your case, it seems you also get to add to the word of God.   How does that work?

12 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

Inserting things into scripture that aren't there in God's words, is unwise,  I think.

In your case, it seems you also get to add to the word of God.   How does that work?

I "inserted" nothing, so, you proved nothing by being dishonest.

I added, nothing, so you proved nothing by being dishonest.

I quoted the bible., i simply cut and pasted  the verses.   I didnt "insert", anything, so, you again are found on a Christian Forum, being dishonest, and you'll do it again, when you reply to me.

Just watch....

So, for you to say im adding, or inserting, is DECEIT.

So, Here is is again.

--

31 God saw all that He had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the SIXTH day.""

Notice "sixth Day". (6) (Six)

So, that is where people who read their bible found your answer.

--------------

And let me give you one more.... as you have trouble with Jesus and walls, and scripture apparently.

This is John 20. (Thats the New Testament).

""""On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors LOCKED for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!”

---------------------

Now, watch carefully.... Notice it says the doors are LOCKED, then it says that Jesus came and stood among them...

So, who unlocked the doors?

A.) Noone did.

There is no need, As This is the Same Jesus who is also going to simply take flight and enter the wide blue yonder not long afterwards, while  they are watching him lift off the ground and ascend into the sky.

Acts 1:9.  """And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, Jesus was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight."""

--------------
And now you know where people who read their bible, get all that into..   See, we understand that Jesus is God, and God has no natural boundary. He is not limited by your laws of physics, or any laws of Nature.  He moves in time and out of time, not being restricted by the rules of time.

Try to understand, its God , who IS Christ, who made it all, controls it all, and maintains it all.  .. Colossians 1:16 ""For by JESUS were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist."

So, for GOD to walk thru a wall, or walk on water, or  '""" come back again taking vengeance on all those who do not obey the Gospel""" ... 2 Thess 1:8,9........So ALL of that, is  what you might say is for God...>"no biggie".

Edited by Behold

1 hour ago, Behold said:

I "inserted" nothing,

Converting a figurative verse to literal history is something.

1 hour ago, Behold said:

I quoted the bible.

Show us how your combination of "day" in Genesis and "thousand years" in Peter is merely quoting.     You've completely misunderstood...

1 hour ago, Behold said:

Actually, it's  2 Peter 3:8 But of this one thing be not ignorant, my beloved, that one day with the Lord is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

It's also figurative.   God is eternal, and for Him there is no time.   Time is merely of this world, but it has no meaning at all in the rest of creation.

1 hour ago, Behold said:

But for you to add "walk through a wall" is a biggie.   Unwise for you to add anything that is not written therein.

Edited by The Barbarian

14 hours ago, dad2 said:

We who are His children and friends and bride comprehend Him just fine. Speak for yourself.

No, Good is beyond human comprehension.    You're kidding yourself if you think you can understand the nature of God.   You can only know some things about him.   You do not comprehend the Trinity and Unity of God.   It is beyond human comprehension.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

2 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

No, Good is beyond human comprehension.    You're kidding yourself if you think you can understand the nature of God.   You can only know some things about him.   You do not comprehend the Trinity and Unity of God.   It is beyond human comprehension.

We know Him whom to know is to love. Not sure who you know or don't know.

2 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

Converting a figurative verse to literal history is something.

Show us how your combination of "day" in Genesis and "thousand years" in Peter is merely quoting.     You've completely misunderstood...

Actually, it's  2 Peter 3:8 But of this one thing be not ignorant, my beloved, that one day with the Lord is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

It's also figurative.   God is eternal, and for Him there is no time.   Time is merely of this world, but it has no meaning at all in the rest of creation.

But for you to add "walk through a wall" is a biggie.   Unwise for you to add anything that is not written therein.

-

I dont recall saying 2-U that "a thousand years with God, is as one Day",....... is Literal.    I only said that that is "interesting".

Now, you implied i said-meant that its Literal, but, what else can you do?   As you exist here on WCF and other Forums ive noticed, to just imply some Christian Trolling idea and then work and massage and advance that carnality as if its true.  = Thats deceit.  And you should not be found or allowed to do that on a Christian Forum.    Is how i view you and your constant behavior on Forums like this one..

You don't  seem to understand that it can be Literal, that "one day = 1000 yrs".... and so you are guessing that its "figurative".   So, Where is your proof?     Trust me when i tell you that your personal opinion is the least effective exegesis of all time, and that goes for all other Holy bible rejectors and scripture twisters.

-------------------

What i can tell you, is that God is very specific with Time, and dates, and seasons, and periods,  and circumstances, so, there is no reason not to believe that "1000 yrs" is as "One God day".

You can't prove its not, so, its best that you just refuse to accept that it could be, and stop right there.

-------------------

And That God does not exist within time, is not the same as God not recognizing TIme, and working with MANKIND according to Time.

Of course He does.  Timing is everything with God.  "Seasons" are everything with God.    Seasons are just another way the Bible describes TIME.

The New Testament is TIME revealed as the "foreknowledge of God", laid out in a long period of TIME, in TEXT.

----------------------

God created the universe and all that you see, and everything that He created (as Christ), is a time based divine operation of the spirit and power of God.

I just gave you a verse from Colossians, that says that  THE HOLY Christ, made it ALL...... and keeps it ALL working, and the "ALL" exists within TIME, so, that is GOD working within the frame of Time.

God deals with MAN according to TIME< and that BIBLE is a time based expose` of God's revelation that is literally  showing you how He is PROCEEDING in TIME to show you what He's doing now and next..

The Bible is a Spiritual and Literal  TIMESTAMP, of the Revealed mind and work of God.

And regarding "walking thru a wall", .... I explained 2 U that God as Jesus The Christ, who is GOD, who just rolled away a Stone, and rose from the Dead, is not going to have any issues with walking on water, turning water into wine, or walking thru a wall, instead of opening the LOCKS on those doors.   Now Jesus could have just unlocked the  inner locks from the outside, and open the door, but, He didnt.   If he had, then the NT would have one more miracle for you to read and believe.   Instead, just believe that the doors were locked as that verse told you, and that Jesus suddenly just "stood among" his freaked out Apostles, as that verse explains.   And certainly, if He just appeared, He would need to tell them "PEACE", as that would have scared them, of course.  And they were already in a panic, as that is why they are hiding behind those LOCKS.

Listen, the issue isn't God's capacity to dance upside down on the clouds when we meet Him at the Rapture, but the issue is that you are not here for any other reason then to cast your unbelief upon the Bible and enjoy it.

See, as i said, God died for you also.    Come and join us.   And like i told you before, God isn't interested in your Catholic POV< He is only interested in YOU.

Just YOU.

Edited by Behold

I dont recall saying 2-U that "a thousand years with God, is as one Day",....... is Literal.    I only said that that is "interesting".

Chinese calligraphy is interesting too.   Did you have a point?

You don't  seem to understand that it can be Literal, that "one day = 1000 yrs".... and so you are guessing that its "figurative".   So, Where is your proof?  

If 1000 years  = 1 day for God, and 1 day = 1000 years, tell us how that is "literal."

And regarding "walking thru a wall", .... I explained 2 U that God as Jesus The Christ, who is GOD, who just rolled away a Stone, and rose from the Dead, is not going to have any issues with walking on water, turning water into wine, or walking thru a wall, instead of opening the LOCKS on those doors.

So just show us where it says he walked through a wall, and you've made your point.   Or you could say that you added "walked through a wall", because it seemed reasonable to you.  One of those.

but the issue is that you are not here for any other reason then to cast your unbelief upon the Bible and enjoy it.

It's precisely because I believe the Bible is God's word, that think it's a bad idea to add things to it.

Come and join us.

I'd rather take the Bible as it is.   Sorry.    It's not that you'll lose your salvation for inserting new material into it.   You're no less a Christian than we are.   But I think you'd be closer Him and to the rest of us, if you'd just let it be as it is.