• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, missmuffet said:

It is the right thing to do to honor your mother and father if you have Christian parents but.....

If a parent ever instructs a child to do something that clearly contradicts God’s commands, that child must obey God rather than his/her parents (Acts 5:29).

Yeah my father and mother split in divorce she has schizophrenia and landed herself in prison and lives at a health facility apartment where she comes and goes. She stalked me 3 yrs and is dangerous so the restraining order was necessary so I wouldn't sin against her and she wouldn't hurt my family. My father and his widow are another story. I reached out to the woman who kicked me out for my faith in Christ even though she didn't reach back. At some pt I decided to let God take it all cause clearly I wasn't helping. I pray for my step mother and mother from time to time and gave both the gospel.. that is how I honor them both now. I'm an adult with my own family now and do not fall under their obedience. My husband is the head under God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, 6DaysiseneG said:

Yeah my father and mother split in divorce she has schizophrenia and landed herself in prison and lives at a health facility apartment where she comes and goes. She stalked me 3 yrs and is dangerous so the restraining order was necessary so I wouldn't sin against her and she wouldn't hurt my family. My father and his widow are another story. I reached out to the woman who kicked me out for my faith in Christ even though she didn't reach back. At some pt I decided to let God take it all cause clearly I wasn't helping. I pray for my step mother and mother from time to time and gave both the gospel.. that is how I honor them both now. I'm an adult with my own family now and do not fall under their obedience. My husband is the head under God.

Just as children are supposed to honor their mother and father parents are to bring their children up with the Lord. They are supposed to have the character and integrity we can honor. God knows this.

Ephesians 6:4

And you, fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord.

• Thumbs Up 1