• Topic Count:  2,249
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,374
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

38 minutes ago, BibleGuy said:

High five!

And, justified by WORKS and NOT faith alone (Jas.2:24).....

By the way, you know James was not James....he was JACOB.....

Well Sir, Did you read: About James, we will be in study

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  777
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, Walter and Deborah said:

Well Sir, Did you read: About James, we will be in study

Yes....His name (in Greek) is actually: "Ἰάκωβος" which is JACOB in English....

It's a translation error in our English versions....

blessings....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,229
  • Content Per Day:  1.17

4 hours ago, Walter and Deborah said:

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. James 1:22

James referring to the Torah (instructions in righteousness) calls it the Law of liberty.

The psalmist says I will walk in liberty becuase I seek your precepts

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,229
  • Content Per Day:  1.17

13 hours ago, Walter and Deborah said:

Friday 12-13-19, Kislev 16, 5780 6th. day of the weekly cycle, 82nd. Fall day,

Righteousness exalts a nation, sin is a reproach and humiliation, but revival brings restoration. Revival is the restoration of a nation. “ When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice. but when the wicked bear rule, the people mourn.”

“Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.”
Proverbs Fourteen:34 (KJV)

What nation is so great that has statutes and judgment so righteous as all this Law (Deuteronomy 4:8)

It was the Torah the Laws of God that would make Israel such a great nation,  the head and not the tail if they would be diligent to keep it.

Today,  how far have we departed from the laws of God. This would be the root cause of all our problems.

Edited by Worship Warriors
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14

11 hours ago, Worship Warriors said:

What nation is so great that has statutes and judgment so righteous as all this Law (Deuteronomy 4:8)

It was the Torah the Laws of God that would make Israel such a great nation,  the head and not the tail if they would be diligent to keep it.

Today,  how far have we departed from the laws of God. This would be the root cause of all our problems.

Amen, but vengeance belongs to our Lord, also: "But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin." (1 John 1:7).

More info.
  • Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, Walter and Deborah said:

Amen, but vengeance belongs to our Lord.

Yes, and judgment begins in the church (1Pe.4:17)....let's watch and see how judgment is brought against the "Christian" denominations as they stand in opposition to Torah.

But I prefer repentance and mercy rather than judgment!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

1 hour ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

Thank you for those verses. I believe that God has chosen a people, Jew and non-jew to be with Him in eternal glory!

" but ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, and holy nation, A peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of Him who have called you out of darkness into His marvelous light:" 1 Pe2:9

I sometimes see that many look to this " Revival" to enlighten the nations in this current sin cursed Earth, as in the context of Proverbs 14:34, when the righteous are in authority.  Of course it's good  when we do things that honor God whether we are saved or unsaved ,civilization functions a lot better.

How many of us are  looking forward to being part of that " holy nation" made up of peculiar ( God's own) people, waiting for an eternal inheritance(Heb.9:15)?    Gods "revival" will be complete when the last person He has ordained to eternal life becomes saved... " then shall the end come" Mt 24:14

Please let me know what you think

Yes!  And the inheritance includes the LAND-INHERITANCE (Gal.3:29;Mt.5:5).....and when we inherit the land promised to US ALL as believers, WE will again obey 100% of all Torah (Dt.30:1-8).

Exciting things to anticipate for our future!

blessings...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14

Thank you for those verses. I believe that God has chosen a people, Jew and non-jew to be with Him in eternal glory!

" but ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, and holy nation, A peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of Him who have called you out of darkness into His marvelous light:" 1 Pe2:9

I sometimes see that many look to this " Revival" to enlighten the nations in this current sin cursed Earth, as in the context of Proverbs 14:34, when the righteous are in authority.  Of course it's good  when we do things that honor God whether we are saved or unsaved ,civilization functions a lot better.

How many of us are  looking forward to being part of that " holy nation" made up of peculiar ( God's own) people, waiting for an eternal inheritance(Heb.9:15)?    Gods "revival" will be complete when the last person He has ordained to eternal life becomes saved... " then shall the end come" Mt 24:14

Please let me know what you think

Amen, I think we are in the same agreement about what you are saying also, I will be in prayer about these scriptures in context and will let you know, but with: In the KJV it is translated as The Lord is not slack concerning his promise as some men count slackness but is longsuffering to us ward not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance

The words any and all figure prominently here and at first glance it is quite easy to see how the conclusion can be drawn that God wants all men to be saved But a more careful reading of the verse shows that the word us ward precedes any and all We re then forced to ask the question Who are the us of whom Peter speaks Verse 1 of the Chapter has a clue It says This second epistle beloved I now write unto you in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance

This means then that this is a second letter This implies then that there is a first Thankfully we have that letter and it is in the Canon of scripture The Epistle of 1st Peter begins Peter an apostle of Jesus Christ to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus Galatia Cappadocia Asia and Bithynia 2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father through sanctification of the Spirit unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ Grace unto you and peace be multiplied

From this we can deduce the following re 2 Peter 3:9 what he is really saying is The Lord is not slack concerning his promise as some men count slackness but is longsuffering to us ward the Elect of God not willing that any of the Elect of God should perish but that all of the Elect of God should come to repentance.

Love always, Walter

More info.
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

bible guy....yes how very prophetic Deuteronomy 30 is. I love verse 3: That then the Lord thy God will return thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the Lord thy God hath scattered thee.

"... and they shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."Mt 24:31

Interesting connection.....wondering about the timing.....thinking that the full return (Dt.30:1-8) might not occur until after the Messiah returns (Mt.24:31)....or maybe it's partially before He returns (when the SIGN appears), and then it's finished after He returns....

Yes. For what is revealed to us from the Holy Spirit I believe would be clear to understand and it's confirmed in your soul. I look at all the interpretations of Prophecy and while we can learn something here and there I don't believe God is going to make it so complicated for us. It's like four basic premises in Scripture I believe are true:

God has chosen a people for himself before the world began

From the beginning of the world till the end of the world his people will hear ( spiritually) the word and become saved from their sins

There will be a time right before the end of this world when God's salvation plan comes to a closing as the last of His children become saved. At this same time spiritual tribulation in this world increases to a degree like we've never seen before (hence "great" tribulation). With the Holy Spirit no longer protecting the world Satan now has full control... awful time. True Believers will be here at that time, protected by God and if they die they die in the Lord.

Then comes the end of the world when God comes as a consuming fire. Simultaneously? the True Believers will see(experience) this in their new resurrected bodies (" we shall  be changed") as they are raptured, caught up or gathered together.. this is everyone chosen by God to be with him forever in the new heavens and the new earth, Jew and non-jew. That's it. God's salvation plan is complete. There's no Thousand-Year Millennial reign of Christ on anongoing sin cursed earth because all of his children are with Him into eternity.

So these are the General parameters on how I would look at scripture.

Liking how you laid it out....

Would add, though, that the thousand-year Millennial reign of Christ should be accepted as literal, absent a good reason to not do so.

And, I don't see a good reason to not do so.

Other than that....looks like we're pretty much on the same page on these things...

blessings...