IGNORED

Faith is outrageous.... and a lot crazy... do you really believe??

TimothyGirl

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 12/14/2019 at 1:24 AM, TimothyGirl said:

The foundation of our faith is based upon a man who was CRAZY enough to believe that once his and his wife’s body was _past_ the childbearing age, God was going to give them a son. Doesn’t that sound crazy to you??! I don’t see any 90 year old grannies around believing that they are about to have a baby… if they did, they’d probably be admitted to the loony bin! Faith… is crazy… to the rational…

Hi,

Might I add a different take on the theme?

It is in spite of a lack of faith  by Abram and Sarai that God's will and God's absolute power over all matters, His sovereignty,  is demonstrated. It is the faith of the creator that never fails, it is always reliable as it is always awesome to behold.  The faith of humans always wanes and even fails at times. It is hard to just have faith, impossible even for faith comes from God alone. One's faith is from God, not from self.

The reveal of Jesus  to each individual that comes to bow before Him is by the specific calling by the Holy Spirit.

Yes one may indeed ask to receive Jesus, but not before the Holy Spirit reveals Him to us individually often as part of a culmination of testimonies given by many that are already aware of their own salvation gift from God alone. Until that time  that the Holy Spirit calls "specifically" all run from God and all deny Jesus as their Lord.

In the case of Sarai and Abram what was their individual reactions to God's prophecy and instruction/guidance? Did they not both laugh at God, even mocking his word? They had even supplanted God's will with their own plan and Ishmael was conceived and birthed through Hagar. Greater is the promise of God working even in the defiance and doubt of man in general, and specifically  in Abram who God renamed Abraham, and Sarai  to Sarah,  with all the  implications that came with it, all a certainty by God alone.

Abram had even pimped out his wife he was so weak and fear filled. This is the story of many a heroic figure in the Bible, They are all weak fearful and doubt filled. It is the story of  Gideon, and Moses too. It is by God's Glory alone that  any of us are lifted and saved.  Man just tends to chase fallacies  if left to his own lead.

So where is the hope the faith? The hope is in God, faith by God the son Jesus, our Lord and savior. When one is called by God the Holy Spirit there is the turning about that occurs. It is from God first that any are saved. 

None the less all that are saved by God are called to go into all the world sharing the Gospel of Jesus, giving their own testimony of how God's faith came to them and how they have been turned about to Hm, encouraging others to hear and heed the call of the Holy Spirit.

So ridiculous ludicrous crazy? No don't think so anyway, instead awesome beyond comprehension. Prayer is the answer for each of us. Consistent  unrelenting determined prayer for God to reveal Jesus to our friends, our family, and even our enemies. Plus personal obedience to the command to go  share the word of God that Jesus is Lord and savior, that through Him alone are any saved, doing so unashamedly.  

God does use His saints to go about as witnesses so that many are to be found mature in knowledge and in obedience  to Him, but it is all of God and  not of any of us that  some are saved. All those saved have been known and predestined by God from the beginning.

It doesn't much matter one's own degree of faith in Christ at any particular time, for it is not by one's own faith's strength  but by God's alone that any are called to Jesus. So each may share and proclaim Jesus without pressure to think we must convince another.  The saint's must simply proclaim Him.

Praying for your brother to be turned about by the Holy Spirit to seeing that Jesus is God lord and savior. praying that your brother will see and will hear from you your own declaration that He is Lord. May God enable you to feel that excellent timing that you are seeking. Praise God.

Bible references: Genesis  12, 16, 17, 18. 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.55
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Amen, brother. Amen.

I always am reminded to 'give reason for the hope that is in me'.

The only power in the word comes through the energizing of the Holy Spirit according to the will of God--the Father.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/07/1989

On 12/15/2019 at 8:11 AM, Wayne222 said:

Great post and I think God inspired you to write it. Just a few days ago I was thinking how God will raise me from the dead after I died. And it filled me with hope. I think this faith is from God himself as a gift to us.

Thanks for your response! Glad to hear it ministered to you; I wrote it coming out of a place of death myself.

The more I walk with the Lord, the more I realize how Christ has truly gone ahead of us and redeemed those moments of death and despair on the Cross that we might have the HOPE of resurrection.

I love what it says in Romans 15:4,

For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and COMFORT of the Scriptures might have HOPE.