• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  514
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,196
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Days Won:  1

@Coliseum & @Alive

Many blessings for your post(s) for I see God is alive and well in them,  as well as in you...

Be so blessed as Christ being our life, and our deaths in Him, continue (as they will in all that grow in Christ) to be made more and more real and alive in you. 

May He form Himself in all those that call upon Him with all their hearts. 

A fellow laborer in Christ, Not me 

• Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Amen brother. 
God Bless you in His fullness. 

• Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

4 hours ago, Alive said:

Amen brother. 
God Bless you in His fullness. 

When I read this on your prior post my heart smiled the smile of joy;

“THe moment the Holy Spirit makes this real for us--everything changes.

I died and yet I live.”

This is the foundation of our salvation in Christ, for as Christ had to die and be resurrected to secure our salvation we too must die and be resurrected to a new life. Though Christ’s death was a real outward thing, ours is just as real but it all happens inwardly by faith. 

This making real by the Spirit is the way forward. Just in the same way once seen, our deaths in Christ from that moment forward as you said all things change. Our relationship with Christ now all consists of us dying to our own wills by faith and than by faith trusting Him in and for all things looking only for what is righteousness in all things. 

Now for the rest of your life and walk with God it will always be a choice of Christ or self. To whom you yield yourself to him are you servants to obey.

Be most blessed as only more of Christ and less of you is your inheritance. 

A brother in Christ. Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

9 minutes ago, Not me said:

When I read this on your prior post my heart smiled the smile of joy;

“THe moment the Holy Spirit makes this real for us--everything changes.

I died and yet I live.”

This is the foundation of our salvation in Christ, for as Christ had to die and be resurrected to secure our salvation we too must die and be resurrected to a new life. Though Christ’s death was a real outward thing. ours is just as real but it all happens inwardly by faith. 

This making real by the Spirit is the way forward. Just in the same way once seen, our deaths in Christ from that moment forward as you said all things change. Our relationship with Christ now all consists of us dying to our own wills by faith and than by faith trusting Him in and for all things looking only for what is righteousness in all things. 

Now for the rest of your life and walk with God it will always be a choice of Christ or self. To whom you yield yourself to him are you servants to obey.

Be most blessed as only more of Christ and less of you is your inheritance. 

A brother in Christ. Not me 

Amen! You have nailed it.

:-)

The truth of these things has the needle pointing to true north and it opens our eyes to be able to discern when the needle is off by a few degrees or many degrees. Deception and heresies (untruths) can be very subtle and often are. A slightly warped view can rob a believer of so much spiritual experience.

The orthodox and hierarchal nature of much of christendom has been instrumental in this locking folks into a spiritual drain.

Hear that 'sucking' sound'. That is the sound of believers stuck in carnality. Babes not getting beyond the milk and far too often never even knowing the very most basic. It all centers around one thing. 'In Christ'. Paul was really big on this.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Alive said:

Amen! You have nailed it.

The truth of these things has the needle pointing to true north and it opens our eyes to be able to discern when the needle is off by a few degrees or many degrees. Deception and heresies (untruths) can be very subtle and often are. A slightly warped view can rob a believer of so much spiritual experience.

The orthodox and hierarchal nature of much of christendom has been instrumental in this locking folks into a spiritual drain.

Hear that 'sucking' sound'. That is the sound of believers stuck in carnality. Babes not getting beyond the milk and far too often never even knowing the very most basic. It all centers around one thing. 'In Christ'. Paul was really big on this.

Blessings as we continue to feed our one and one personal relationship with Him so that He might;

“show us great and awesome things we know not”

As the hearts of all that would be His, answer the call in their hearts. 

In Christ, Not me 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

I have been free from the Sinai Covenant since before I was born.  I am not Jewish nor am  I a proselyte to Judaism.  If one studies  it out, I as a gentile am forbidden to do what is prescribed in the Sinai Covenant.   What I am obligated to keep is the Noachide laws.  And the Council of Jerusalem headed by James affirmed that and Paul also taught that.   The Sinai covenant also makes that clear.

So, Yeshua did free me from the penalty of the Law, tetelostai....  paid in full.   But now that I am a believer, nothing changes in regards to what law I am to observe.  Just like before, I am obligated to stick to the requirements of the Noachide Laws just like  James and Paul laid out.

Life is so much simpler when one just studies the scripture.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

11 hours ago, OldCoot said:

I have been free from the Sinai Covenant since before I was born.  I am not Jewish nor am  I a proselyte to Judaism.  If one studies  it out, I as a gentile am forbidden to do what is prescribed in the Sinai Covenant.   What I am obligated to keep is the Noachide laws.  And the Council of Jerusalem headed by James affirmed that and Paul also taught that.   The Sinai covenant also makes that clear.

So, Yeshua did free me from the penalty of the Law, tetelostai....  paid in full.   But now that I am a believer, nothing changes in regards to what law I am to observe.  Just like before, I am obligated to stick to the requirements of the Noachide Laws just like  James and Paul laid out.

Life is so much simpler when one just studies the scripture.

Yes--but the key here for us is that He wrote the law on our hearts and we can walk in them as we walk in the Spirit. The walking flows from Life.

This is a vital distinction and without its understanding---all heresies flow. The history of the church bears this out with great clarity.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

7 hours ago, Alive said:

Yes--but the key here for us is that He wrote the law on our hearts and we can walk in them as we walk in the Spirit.

I would agree with that observation.   But where folks get all goofed up is "what law"?   And for many, there is only one law and one covenant in the OT.  They fail to differentiate the various covenants and who they apply to.  When one says "the law", they need to delineate what law they are talking about.... the Noachide Law or the Sinai/Mosaic Law.   The first applies to gentiles and the latter applies to Hebrews.   Even gentiles  living in Israel back in the day were only required to adhere to the Noachide Laws.  The Mosaic Law was not binding on them.  There was even a specific Noachide court that would handle gentile issues that came up.  Stuff like non kosher meat  could be given to gentiles with no violation.   Even in Israel, if a gentile wanted to eat shell fish and have a bacon cheese burger, it would be proper, even though it was forbidden for a Jew under the Mosaic Law .

The early church got this goofed up  also.   The early church was comprised mostly of Jewish believers.  When the gentiles started coming in, it was argued that they were the same as Jewish proselytes and had to conform to the Mosaic Law.  Well, the Council of Jerusalem headed by James emphatically said no, the gentile believers do not have to conform to the Mosaic Law and that they are still under the Noachide Law.  Paul makes that  abundantly clear throughout his letters as well.  He  tells Jewish  believers to not give up their Jewishness, and he tells gentile believers to stick with their position under the Noachide Law.  Paul doesn't use the literal term "Noachide", but if you look at what James and Paul tell the gentiles they must observe, it is requirements of the Law given to Noah in Genesis 9.  The "Noachide Law".

Puts a stop to all  the guilt tripping and such that goes on about  having to observe the Shabbat and whatever.  

Edited by OldCoot