• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

59 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

"Trust in the Yahweh with all your heart,
    and do not lean on your own understanding.
 In all your ways acknowledge him,
    and he will make straight your paths"

- Proverbs 3:5-6

Amen! Thank you!

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Jobs are difficult to find today. You are feeling discouraged. Give all of your frustations to God. He knows what you are dealing with and He wants to help you. You do not need to negative feedback from your father. You need his understanding and support. 

Thank you so much missmuffet! You're right. I must give all my worries and frustrations to God. He can help me more than anyone. Thank you for your wonderful words and God bless you!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Well done for asking for help. Few do this when it is needed. Your father's words MAY THEY FALL TO THE GROUND.

See what the Lords says over you instead. John says we have the RIGHT and the AUTHORITY to be called the Children of God. Now that is a Father you can listen to.

Remember this: You and God are a MAJORITY in any given situation. Just act the part and become the part and BE the part as a Child of the King. Blessings.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,515
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  11

6 hours ago, adoptedwatcher said:

Now that I am older, I must get back to that mindset I used to have. Reading the Bible, praying, and watching sermons consistently seems like my best options. Thank you for asking this question. It's so obvious now what I need to do to stop doubting.

Praise God that you know what to do. Reading the Bible, praying, and listening to good sermons is what keeps me going, too. Have you considered putting the Bible and sermons on an ipod or phone? That way you can take in God's Word just about anywhere, even when you go to bed.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

7 hours ago, adoptedwatcher said:

Shalom Tzephanyahu,

The biggest barrier for me to accept this, is myself. I overthink and don't take enough action. I'm unable to go to church and don't take the initiative to feed myself the Word on a regular basis. If I did, I'm sure I wouldn't feel this doubt and fear anymore. It's hard to get used to reading the Bible though. I make excuses or find a reason to not read more than a few verses. It's so shameful to admit, but I must reach out to someone now while there is time. When I was little, it was so easy and clear to accept God and my relationship with him. Now that I am older, I must get back to that mindset I used to have. Reading the Bible, praying, and watching sermons consistently seems like my best options. Thank you for asking this question. It's so obvious now what I need to do to stop doubting.

Well "aw" I only read a few verses a day. I used to think quantity was how to get close to God. For me, it is taking a few verses, and like good wine, tasting  it, swirling it around a bit, meditating on it, and praying that God would help me apply it. I found that memorizing small verses and thinking about them has now, in a year's time, given me a treasure chest of information in my heart to think about and pass on to others when the moment arises. It is not work, but love. If it is work, and I think I am not doing enough, or being enough, or giving enough, or praying enough, etc., it is all in vain. Believe, and love. Rest in Him. He is your Daddy. Pray like you are in his lap sharing your moment-by-moment thoughts. He really wants you to talk with Him, not because He isn't aware before you ever utter them, but because He wants you to experience that two-way, Father-daughter fellowship with Him. :)

• Praise God! 1

5 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Remember this: You and God are a MAJORITY in any given situation. Just act the part and become the part and BE the part as a Child of the King. Blessings.

Thank you so much Justin Adams. I put so much focus on my earthly father that I sometimes forget about the strength and love of my Heavenly Father. God bless you!

• Well Said! 1

1 hour ago, Coliseum said:

It is not work, but love

Thank you Coliseum. I sometimes struggle to remember that it is not my works that will save me, but the Love of God which does. I must learn to go to Him more often as He is my Loving Father.

• Praise God! 1

2 hours ago, Jubilea said:

Have you considered putting the Bible and sermons on an ipod or phone?

I have it on my phone! Thank you so much. I don't take enough time to read it. But that's going to change. Thank you again and God bless you Jubilea!

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

Hi dear sister, you have been given some excellent advice, ...may I add,  ...we are in a constant spiritual battle with the enemy of our souls, ...and that battle is waged in our minds, the Holy Spirit tells us in Romans 12:2 we are to "renew" our minds.

May I suggest you try this, the Word tells us one of our defensive weapons is the Helmet of Salvation, that is a "spiritual" helmet and it is composed of, made from the materials found in this verse:

...having been born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, through the living Word of God, and abiding forever.  1 Pet 1:23

This verse is telling us the "details" of what is written on our "spiritual" birth certificate.

1. The Holy Spirit (incorruptible Seed) is our Father.

2. The "living" Word of God (the ovum) is considered to be "like" our mother. 

3. When the Holy Spirit "illuminated" a verse(s) the shone directly into our hearts and "convicted" us of our sinful state and we asked Jesus to forgive us and "received" Him into our hearts John 1:12 we were born again, so that moment in time becomes the "date" of our "new" birth, ...born again, new creations in Christ, ...children of God.

4. We know exactly where we were at the "moment," ...that is "like" the location of the hospital where we were born the first time. 

To put it all together, the Holy Spirit, writing through Peter, not only tells us "how" we were conceived 1 Peter 1:23, ...He also tells us what verse was the "ovum," Isa 40:6-8.

The Holy Spirit writing through Dr. Luke tells when and where this "transpired:"

And seeing, Simon Peter fell at the knees of Jesus, saying, Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, Lord. Luke 5:8 

Granted, this was before Peter was actually "born again" after Jesus rose from the grave, ...but it's an illustration of how and what happens in our lives.

For myself, I was "convicted" of my sinful state with the same verses as Peter, Isa 40:6-8, it was at a Wednesday Night Bible Study in Atascadero, CA, in the month July 1986, ...a little after 9:00 PM.

So what we do with this info is the next time the enemy sends doubt about our salvation in to our minds, we just show him our "birth certificate" by saying,

"I was born again by the Holy Spirit and this/these verse(s) (cite verses(s) on (date) at (give location)," and then finish with, "I'm a Blood Bought, born again child of God!"

And in James we read:

Therefore submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.  Jas 4:7

There you go precious sister, ...put on your Helmet of Salvation and keep it on until we are home with our Jesus.

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

23 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

For myself, I was "convicted" of my sinful state with the same verses as Peter, Isa 40:6-8, it was at a Wednesday Night Bible Study in Atascadero, CA, in the month July 1986, ...a little after 9:00 PM.

So what we do with this info is the next time the enemy sends doubt about our salvation in to our minds, we just show him our "birth certificate" by saying,

"I was born again by the Holy Spirit and this/these verse(s) (cite verses(s) on (date) at (give location)," and then finish with, "I'm a Blood Bought, born again child of God!"

And in James we read:

Therefore submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.  Jas 4:7

There you go precious sister, ...put on your Helmet of Salvation and keep it on until we are home with our Jesus.

Thank you so much JustPassinThru. I see what you mean. No doubt the devil wants me to doubt my salvation and have me forget the truth. I know that I accepted the Lord and was baptized in the year 2006. Ever since I've remember praying for the Lord's forgiveness and accepting Him again, as if to cover my bases. But I must accept that I am already His. I need to write down when I was saved and all of the blessings the Lord has granted me in my life. Thank you again for your advice and sharing your testimony. God bless you.

• Praise God! 1