• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

13 hours ago, Follower0fJesus said:

So if he didn't know, why was he giving out time frames?

Answer: He didn't give time frames. What was given are expected signs and indications of the beginning of the End Times. Such as these. 

Luke 21:11-20 KJV 11And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven. 12But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake. 13And it shall turn to you for a testimony. 14Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer: 15For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist. 16And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death. 17And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake. 18But there shall not an hair of your head perish. 19In your patience possess ye your souls. 20And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

13 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

I think the Watchtower is up their usual shenanigans, @Margo1945. The Mormons, on the other hand, are much more savvy in their ways.  Note how their "eternal covenant" involving plural marriage (given to 'em by Brigham Young himself) changed after the U.S. outlawed polygamy. It was only eternal for as long as it lasted, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

Giving rise to the phrase, "Everyone married young..."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

The thing about Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, and all other cults... 

and dare I say it? factions within Christianity...

everything depends on IF you believe in the actual / true / genuine Jesus.

Period.

Far too many take comfort in the assurance of mere mortal men that they believe

in the authentic Jesus.

There is nothing so important in life

than being absolutely certain #theRealJesus knows you!!!

Nothing!

Matthew 7:21–23 (AV)
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

And taking anyone else's word for it other than the Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:20-21) is the biggest

risk you will ever ever take... with all of eternity at stake.

The Holy Spirit written, Holy Spirit interpreted, Holy scripture authenticated Word

of God is our

ONLY

proof / assurance.

Yet we take the word of mere mortal men...

Mark 7:13 (NIV84)
13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Answer: He didn't give time frames. What was given are expected signs and indications of the beginning of the End Times. Such as these. 

Luke 21:11-20 KJV 11And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven. 12But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake. 13And it shall turn to you for a testimony. 14Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer: 15For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist. 16And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death. 17And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake. 18But there shall not an hair of your head perish. 19In your patience possess ye your souls. 20And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

Okay I agree. 

How about my other post on page 3.

• Group:  Royal Member

On 12/21/2019 at 10:03 AM, Follower0fJesus said:

It seems everyone wants to throw their opinion in, but not actually read what I write.

"Truly I tell you, you will not reach all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes." Matthew 10:23

Jesus is speaking about persecution as they go through the towns of Israel. That whoever survives to the end will be saved. (context)

Then why does Jesus say, "before the Son of Man comes" and what does it mean?

Let's look at every time it says "Son of Man comes". 

"When the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on earth?” Luke 18:8

"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne." Matthew 25:31

“Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory." Matthew 24:30

"For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works." Matthew 16:27

"As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man." Mattew 24:37

Every time it's written: "comes", it's referring to the second coming. This is confirmed by his disciples also believing he would return in their generation.

"Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.” Matthew 16:28

Read this verse in context, full verse: "For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom." 

He will come with angels to judge. For all the people who say this was the transfiguration. Did he come to judge with angels? No.

Did he have his kingdom yet, before the crucifixion? No.

"Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have happened." Matthew 24:34

Again, let's look at every time it's referring to generation.

Matthew 1:1- The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.

Matthew 12:34- O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Matthew 12:39- But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

Matthew 12:45- Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

Matthew 17:17- Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you?

Mark 8:12- And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.

Is he referring to a future generation like everyone claims? No. Furthermore, he says "this generation" not "that generation".

Posted on page #3. 

1 hour ago, Follower0fJesus said:

Okay I agree. 

How about my other post on page 3.

Okay, I pulled up your post on page 3. Is there something here you wanted brought to my attention? 

38 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Posted on page #3. 

Okay, I pulled up your post on page 3. Is there something here you wanted brought to my attention? 

Yeah, can you prove that Jesus wasn't saying he will come within his generation? After seeing the evidence I gave for him saying he will.

5 hours ago, Follower0fJesus said:

Yeah, can you prove that Jesus wasn't saying he will come within his generation? After seeing the evidence I gave for him saying he will.

what? :huh:

12 minutes ago, Godismyloveforever said:

Is there really any point in the continuation of this thread? 

It seems nothing anyone says to you will change your mind.  

I believe that every possible explanation that you could receive has been given to you. 

This thread, in my opinion, would never have reached the length it is now unless you posted it with only one intention in mind. And that is, no matter what is said to you, you will continue to believe those verses are lies.

What's it to you if it continues. 

The fact people give their opinions of the verses, doesn't make them right. 

Edited by Follower0fJesus

9 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

what? :huh:

Can you prove my points wrong, which confirmed Jesus was saying he will return within his generation. 

Edited by Follower0fJesus

6 minutes ago, Follower0fJesus said:

Can you prove my points wrong, which confirmed Jesus was saying he will return within his generation. 

Is that what He did? 

• This is Worthy 1