• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,189
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

“Is that righteousness?”

The question that would bless are hearts and our lives in all our comings and goings. If we were to be asking ourselves, as we go through the day, in all our actions, in all our thoughts....  Is that righteousness? 

For righteousness is what we are called to, righteousness is what we are to walk in, righteousness is that which brings God to manifestation in our lives. Our own wills don’t matter, only doing the righteous and the good thing. For this is that that brings and keeps the peace of Christ in our hearts, doing the good and the right. This is that that enlarges our relationship with God. For that which is the love, that which is the righteousness, that which is being the peace maker in all circumstances and situations is that that pleases the heart of God. For God is love and God is Righteousness and in love and righteousness would He have his children walk.

But self is the enemy and this enemy must be reckoned dead by faith. For only faith in the workings of God in the soul can destroy, kill and bring to naught the workings of self. For until the axe is cut at the root of all sin sin will in the course of time grow back and be manifested once again. Death to our own wills, death to self is the only way to be freed from this that is the sin factory itself. 

Scripture says; 

“those that are willing shall know”

Oh to have a heart that is willing in all circumstances and situations to yield to the Spirit of Christ that has come to dwell in us. For it is the only way to be freed from this monster called self. 

Be blessed as we strive to be pleasing to God in all things. 

Blessings to all that are in the family of God...Not me 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

20 minutes ago, Not me said:

“Is that righteousness?”

The question that would bless are hearts and our lives in all our comings and goings. If we were to be asking ourselves, as we go through the day, in all our actions, in all our thoughts....  Is that righteousness? 

For righteousness is what we are called to, righteousness is what we are to walk in, righteousness is that which brings God to manifestation in our lives. Our own wills don’t matter, only doing the righteous and the good thing. For this is that that brings and keeps the peace of Christ in our hearts, doing the good and the right. This is that that enlarges our relationship with God. For that which is the love, that which is the righteousness, that which is being the peace maker in all circumstances and situations is that that pleases the heart of God. For God is love and God is Righteousness and in love and righteousness would He have his children walk.

But self is the enemy and this enemy must be reckoned dead by faith. For only faith in the workings of God in the soul can destroy, kill and bring to naught the workings of self. For until the axe is cut at the root of all sin sin will in the course of time grow back and be manifested once again. Death to our own wills, death to self is the only way to be freed from this that is the sin factory itself. 

Scripture says; 

“those that are willing shall know”

Oh to have a heart that is willing in all circumstances and situations to yield to the Spirit of Christ that has come to dwell in us. For it is the only way to be freed from this monster called self. 

Be blessed as we strive to be pleasing to God in all things. 

Blessings to all that are in the family of God...Not me 

Amen Not Me!

This I do try everyday, however I find at more times my spirit is willing and my flesh is weak. For doing what is right and pleasing to God is certainly a choice that we should absolutely strive for and with  the holy spirit we can forever grow in this.

Thank you for encouraging us today as we look toward ourselves and even the motives behind our actions to see if we really are pleasing to God!

God bless ?

Edited by Revlori
  • Loved it! 2

23 minutes ago, Revlori said:

Amen Not Me!

This I do try everyday, however I find at more times my spirit is willing and my flesh is weak. For doing what is right and pleasing to God is certainly a choice that we should absolutely strive for and with  the holy spirit we can forever grow in this.

Thank you for encouraging us today as we look toward ourselves and even the motives behind our actions to see if we really are pleasing to God!

God bless ?

Thanks for your encouragement also! :)

For such a blessing your post is. For your heart after Christ is on display for all to see!

For it itself is food for the hungry heart. To possess such a heart after God is a treasure and blessing and as mentioned food,  for Christ feeds in His manifestation of Himself  in the heart of the willing. 

Blessings in Christ, Not me 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Prodigal Son said:

That was so beautifully written. Thank you for the inspiration.

Thanks so very much, I’m glad it blesses. It does my heart good to hear. 

May He increase Himself in us....  Be most blessed, as we pursue Him. 

In Christ, Not me 

10 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

f3bfd8ed2d313ffdb1f3c5177ca48070.jpg.01382f352cc7359d89922d56c064a51e.jpg

Such wisdom, life, and truth in these words! 

Be blessed as our hearts turn to Him in full assurance of His love, Not me 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

??? righteousness is right and not me 

MATTHEW 6:33 but seek you first the kingdom of GOD and HIS righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you 

MARK 8:33 but when HE had turned about and looked upon HIS disciples HE rebuked peter saying get thee behind ME satan for thou savourest not the things that be of GOD but the things that be of men 

JOB 38:2 who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge 

PROVERBS 4:19 the way of the wicked is as darkness they know not at what they stumble --4:20-- MY son attend to MY words incline thine ear unto MY sayings       --4:21-- let them not depart from thine eyes keep them in the midst of thine heart --4:22-- for they are life unto those that find them and health to all their flesh

*******PROVERBS 8:8 all the words of MY MOUTH are in righteousness there is nothing froward or perverse in them*******

ISAIAH 45:19 I have not spoken in secret in a dark place of the earth I said not unto the seed of Jacob seek you ME in vain --- I THE LORD SPEAK RIGHTEOUSNESS --- I declare things that are right

*******PROVERBS 12:17 he that speaketh truth showeth forth righteousness --- but a false witness deceit*******

ROMANS 10:3 for they being ignorant of GODS righteousness and going about to establish their own righteousness have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of GOD

*******1 JOHN 1:9 IF we confess our sins HE is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness*******

1 CORINTHIANS 15:34 awake to righteousness and sin not for some have not the knowledge of GOD --- I speak this to your shame ---

JOHN 7:18 he that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory but he that seeketh HIS glory that sent him the same is true and ---no unrighteousness is in him---

ZEPHANIAH 2:3 seek you THE LORD all you meek of the earth which have wrought HIS judgement ---seek righteousness---seek meekness--- it may be you shall be hid in the day of THE LORDS anger

ROMANS 6:18 BEING THEN MADE FREE FROM SIN YOU BECAME THE SERVANTS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

PSALM 119:138  thy testimonies that thou hast commanded are righteous and very faithful

REVELATION 19:10 and I fell at his feet to worship him and he said see thou do it not I am thy fellowservant and of thy brethren that have the testimony of JESUS worship GOD for the testimony of JESUS ---is the spirit of prophecy---

LOVING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST 

@steve morrow

Please forgive, but I’ve missed your meaning.... but God is good and knows, sees and understands. 

So I wish well in your relationship with Christ and may He enlarge Himself in all those that are His.

Be blessed in Him, Not me 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,221
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

The flesh lust against the spirit and the spirit lust against the flesh.

When I just got saved,  wanting to walk fully pleasing before the lord,  I ask him how to I walk In the spirit and not fulfill the lust of the flesh?  In another words how do I walk in the path of righteousness when the flesh is always warring against the spirit.

I felt he said to me: feed your spirit man and starve your carnal man.  When your feed your spirit man,  it will get stronger and your carnal man will get weaker and weaker until it can have no dominion over you.

I have never forgotten it. It's just a matter whom you are feeding. 

If you sow to the flesh,  you will reap corruption. But if you sow to the spirit you will reap life everlasting,  an abundance of the fruits of righteousness

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

It is a loving Father that tells His children what not to set our affection on

1 John 2:15-17

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
KJV

• Well Said! 1