IGNORED

Are the 10 Commandments called "the moral law"?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, JustPassingThru said:

THE largest revival on the planet is currently taking place in Iran at this very moment,

Amen!  Joel Richardson has a great video on this; and I've heard him speak on it.  Some "covert" missionaries that I know in Iran and Iraq tell me of Muslims coming to them talking of dreams of Jesus and the missionaries themselves.  God will do a wonderful work among Muslims before Jesus returns.

Our God is a God of life and love; not death and indifference.  He is also God; and it really doesn't matter what I "think"; God is God; and He can do whatever He deems as right.  In His mercy, God could could forgive all sins done in ignorance or deception. But I still think even the most ignorant must be given a choice to accept or reject God and the way of life one must follow to enter His Kingdom.  You are correct that many people of the past present, and future will make that choice against God and His culture; to their eternal demise.  But at least they had an opportunity to choose.

• Well Said! 1

1 hour ago, JustPassingThru said:

And add to that there are many books recounting the "archaeological" finds of "giants," and their 'cities," ...it's really easy to prove, just Google "giants" and then images, ...that will erase any doubt any might have that are not following some agenda.

Lord bless 

...not to mention the stories in the First Book of Enoch  and much of the mythology of ancient people talking about the "gods" coming down from heaven and having children like Hercules with human women.  Sure, it's mythology, but I am open to the possibility that some mythology has a basis in truth.  Look at all the flood mythology that tells a story very similar to the Biblical Flood.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  467
  • Content Per Day:  0.29

1 hour ago, JoeMo said:

...not to mention the stories in the First Book of Enoch  and much of the mythology of ancient people talking about the "gods" coming down from heaven and having children like Hercules with human women.  Sure, it's mythology, but I am open to the possibility that some mythology has a basis in truth.  Look at all the flood mythology that tells a story very similar to the Biblical Flood.

I do not dis-believe the idea that the Nephillim were/are the offspring of demons with human women. 

Not like I dis-believe some of the ideas presented in this thread.  Guess I will just wait to see if super-humans are "released" (?resurrected?) from the "bottomless pit" at the 5th trumpet. 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, JoeMo said:

In His mercy, God could could forgive all sins done in ignorance or deception.

He already has, ...the "Cross" of Jesus Christ was His "testimony" that our sin had already been forgiven by Him, ...because before He "created" anything, when ALL creation were just thoughts in his Mind, the Word tells us the Lamb had already been slain:

...the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.  Rev 13:8

That's verified by this verse from Him:

To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no Light in them.  Isa 8:20

Lord bless

I have thought for some time that "the Sabbath" is the time period from sunset to sunset IN ISRAEL, in the area covered by the promise to Abraham's Seed. 

Assuming the new earth is still a globe, when "all flesh" will go before the LORD to worship Him on the Sabbaths and at the New Moons (Isa 66:22-23), then - those people who are living on the other side of the globe, would go to worship the LORD when it is Sabbath on the New Jerusalem side of the planet.  They would not arrive there the day before or the day after. 

Many today start the Feast Days at the hour those special days start IN ISRAEL.  They don't start the Day of Pentecost in California, 8 hours before it starts in Jerusalem. 

Just a thought.

11 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

He already has, ...the "Cross" of Jesus Christ was His "testimony" that our sin had already been forgiven by Him, ...because before He "created" anything, when ALL creation were just thoughts in his Mind, the Word tells us the Lamb had already been slain:

To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no Light in them.  Isa 8:20

Lord bless

When they say "dead man walking" - they know that man is not already dead.  He will be dead.  The process has begun, - the last "walk" - which will end in his death. 

I believe that is what is meant, when Revelation says "the Lamb" was "slain from the foundation of the world" Rev 13:8.   At the foundation of the world, the process had begun, which would lead to His death. 

At "the foundation of the world" God "knew" it was going to happen.  He knew it, but He created beings with "free will" in spite of knowing they would rebel against Him.  He knew they would need to be "reconciled".  He knew the only way to reconcile them back to Himself, would be the death of His Son. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, JoeMo said:

...not to mention the stories in the First Book of Enoch  and much of the mythology of ancient people talking about the "gods" coming down from heaven and having children

Bro, ...I've never read the Book of Enoch, ...but I could imagine the antediluvian people could take fallen demons as gods, ...way back in the 60's our LSD trips were guided by what we called "spirit" guides, ...their appearance was monstrous, ...but not frightening, ...the yoda, pokeman and other cartoon characters all resemble the demons we saw and talked with back then, ...and they all had the same objective, M.O., ...to convince us we were invincible and to prove it by trying something that defied the laws of physics, ...I had friends that stood in front of 10 wheelers and were killed, ...others that were told they could fly and jumped off of tall buildings, ...my spirit guide took me and a friend on top of a high building (and to this day I don't know how we got up there, the building was locked and there were not any outside stairs) tried to convince me I could fly, ...I told my friend to take me down before I jumped and we were down, standing on the sidewalk in front of the building (does that sound familiar?), since he couldn't convince me to commit suicide, he went to plan B, ...and convinced my (so called friends) to give me an overdose, ...which they did!    

The Bible tells us it is Truth and Archaeological findings are the proof.

Lord bless

22 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

Lord bless

I do not understand the death of Jesus to be a "payment" to God, to pay for all sins committed by all humans for all time, a payment that required the Father to then forgive all sins, or even all sins of those who believe.  I don't understand Christ's death in that way. 

Rather, my understanding is that Christ lived and died in perfect obedience and faithfulness to covenant, to recover the dominion of earth (which Adam had lost through disobedience).  He endured the horrible physical torture of crucifixion, while also enduring separation from His Father, all without questioning or rebelling against the will of God His Father.  This perfect obedience legally entitles The Son of Man to the dominion of earth (Daniel 7:14).  Human beings live within this dominion.  Thus Christ will judge.  He will decide who will live within His dominion forever. 

• Loved it! 1

15 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

way back in the 60's our LSD trips were guided by what we called "spirit" guides, ...their appearance was monstrous, ...but not frightening, ...the yoda, pokeman and other cartoon characters all resemble the demons we saw and talked with back then, ...and they all had the same objective, M.O., ...to convince us we were invincible and to prove it by trying something that defied the laws of physics

Yeah, Where I lived as a student we had a little dude named Mescalito that would show up sometimes when we ate peyote.  I had a very frightening experience with a spirit guide that appeared as a vertical "beam of light". On one trip it took me someplace unfamiliar.  I "saw" a black core more dark and evil than anything I could imagine and wanted out immediately and went into a panic.  Thankfully I was with friends who pulled me from the edge of insanity.  I swore off psychedelics then (50 years ago).

*BACK TO TOPIC*

As I have been studying, I have pondered the tension is scripture about the necessity of obedience to God's Law as a requirement for salvation.  I read in many places that we are saved by grace through faith. I read in many places that drunks, idolaters, adulterers, etc. will not inherit the Kingdom of heaven.  I read about those who overcome. I am still a sinner. I believe I sin because I am(was born) a sinner - I'm not a sinner because I sin. Are overcomers those who conquer every sin in their lives, or those who may be imperfect, but cooperate with the spirit to get rid of sin in their lives; even though they sometimes fall?

That leads me to wonder if there is a difference between "entering" the Kingdom and "inheriting" the Kingdom. In Revelation, It talks about the 144,000 vs. the innumerable multitude of Rev. 7.  Are there different "classes of saints" in heaven?  The 24 elders, the 144,000, the "priests and kings" - are these some of the different classes?  Are those that simply "enter" the Kingdom of heaven those who end their spiritual growth with "I believe"; while those who "inherit" the Kingdom (inherit implies to me a part in leadership) those who strive along the road of sanctification during their earthly lives? Will those who did not complete their journey to sanctification have to complete that journey in the Millennium?

19 minutes ago, Resurrection Priest said:

I do not understand the death of Jesus to be a "payment" to God, to pay for all sins committed by all humans for all time, a payment that required the Father to then forgive all sins, or even all sins of those who believe.  I don't understand Christ's death in that way. 

Me neither! Although the blood of Christ DID pay the debt for all sin, that was not the main purpose of the crucifixion. Justice meets mercy at the cross.  Without it all men were without hope.  Violation of God's Law demanded a consequence.  IMHO,Jesus died to destroy the works of the devil.  God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son.  The crucifixion and death of Jesus was His ultimate demonstration of Love.  Jesus' death did not "require the Father to forgive us, it was the Godhead's physical demonstration that He already had forgiven us from the foundation of the world.